• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

i think i have one discraft disc and its a great disc and all but i prefer innova. Some of the guys earlier were talking about how its hard to find places to find discraft discs and i actually did the other day but i haven't had a chance to buy any yet. I think i'm gonna start throwing discraft more so that i can at least try them. I have a star beast, wraith, and destroyer and they are definitely awesome discs for me

Numero Uno, Innova.
Look they all follow them,Yeah the comp has a good disc out there but it's all been copied from Innova molds(At least anything worth throwing)
If you look close,Compare the molds,The rims,Flight patterns etc,You'll find Innova all over them.
You might like the plastic better from another company but that's all the diffrence you'll really find.
The only way your gonna find a disc that flies better or FARTHER is if the PDGA allows diffrent specs.
Like for instance,A hole in the middle,Aerobie?Might happen some day too.
You can throw one of those a country mile but it's not PDGA approved.
Some discs from the past were banned because they were too small or too heavy and so on.Some should have never been made LOL.Might as well been throwing a trash can lid.
If it's not Innova it's not in my bag.The only thing I USED to throw was a Cyclone.But that was 15 years ago and they were given to me.It was a good disc too.
At my displays Innova sells an easy 20 to 1 over the rest,Maybe even better.
I wonder why.
My 2 cents.

the reason innova sells more than other companies is because they find their way into local sporting goods stores. why order a surge with $5 shipping when u could just go down the street and buy a wraith. people tend to start with innova because of their convenience then they find some discs they like and keep buying. why change it up?

i do agree that i have found innova to be better discs

I throw 100% Innova. I actually do own 3 Discrap discs, one someone gave me, the other two were from this year's Ace Race... but I do not throw them!

^ Actually,it's pronounced " Discraft" not discrap. And if you don't like them,give them to some one who will appreciate them.

^ Actually,it's pronounced " Discraft" not discrap. And if you don't like them,give them to some one who will appreciate them.

Oh wow, you caught the whole Discrap thing, you're a smart one. I don't throw them, I don't like the company, I'll call it whatever I damn well please. If you have a problem with that... then tough.

All Innova except my putter: Wizard SS
*Other occasional runs in my bag:
DGA Riptide,Cyclone, Stratus,Talon, FLX Avenger ESP, Ace Race disc.
*Next to try:
Surge ESP
Gayeway Speed Demon

We have to have a multiple company system. Discraft makes Innova better because Innova has someone to beat in the market. Some of the early Discraft Molds were based on Innova molds but now there are certain Innova discs based on Discraft molds.

My bag is of mostly Innova. That being said, the FLX plastic is much more durable than the Innova Star. I have lots of knicks in a lot of my star plastic discs. I have three FLX discs (Surge, Avenger SS, and XL) and they have all hit just as many trees as the Innovas and are in much better condition. I still like Innova's old SE plastic much better than any other plastics but those discs are hard to find.

Latitude discs are pretty nice and the optoline plastic is sharp. Quest discs seem to be "gimmicky". They seem to break in a little too fast and become useless. I do use an Infreno that was made in the evolution gateway plastic and I like it. But overall the quest lines are designed as gimmicks for newbies. The best putters are the gateway line (Wizard, Warlock, Magic, and Voo Doo). I have used Aviars, Magnets, Challengers, APXs, Rhynos...everything. The gateway putters are simply the best. I will NEVER use anything else unless they go out of business and all of mine are lost.

Bottom line...we have to have other competitors or Innova will become as lazy as Microsoft. Without competitors, Microsoft products became bland and they didn't update quickly enough. Now that Apple is pushing them, they have put out more products and are putting a lot into R&D. Discraft is strating to take a bigger market segment than in the past because even though they may be hard to find locally, many disc golfers (myself included) are buying a majority of their gear online. With Disc Golf Center and Marshall Street sales, I can get discs online for much cheaper than I can here and I can have a greater selection of weights and colors. I am seeing a lot more Discraft in this area and we have no place that sells them within 50 miles. Ace Races and Nate Doss challenging Climo, Feldberg, and Jenkins are just a few things that are fueling the push for Discraft. Is one better than the other...I don't think so. They are two companies selling similar products in a competing market. The only difference is that right now Innova is bigger in market share and resources. As Discraft grows they will probably become equally profitable within 10 to 15 years. And it will be good because they will be pushing each other. Hopefully, some more companies can step up as well.

I guess I am strange, because I carry a mix in my bag . My main drivers are Quest and Millennium, I carry several Innova, and discraft and my putter is a Magnet.

I throw 100% Innova. I actually do own 3 Discrap discs, one someone gave me, the other two were from this year's Ace Race... but I do not throw them!

Have you thrown everying in Discrafts line of discs? There might be something you actually like.

Discraft will never sell as many discs as Innova until they come up with a better flight rating system. The masses don't want to spend good money on a disc if they have no idea how it will fly. That's the main reason Innova rules.

Discraft will never sell as many discs as Innova until they come up with a better flight rating system. The masses don't want to spend good money on a disc if they have no idea how it will fly. That's the main reason Innova rules.
Agree with the point that Innova has better marketing to the disc golf crowd.

But I think Discraft makes most of their money from the Ultimate discs. From what I understand Discraft is the name in Ultimate discs.

ERic

Keep in mind that Discraft does sell a ton of Ultrastars. I wouldn't be surprised if they out sold Innova with just that one disc.

Here's how my bag breaks down:

Gateway - 8 discs, 2 molds (5 Wizards, 3 Spirits)
Discraft - 1 disc, 1 mold (X Avenger)
Millennium - 1 disc, 1 mold (SOLF)
Innova - 8 discs, 3 molds (3 Rocs, 3 Gazelles, 2 Teebirds)

Anyone not willing to carry discs from multiple manufacturers is either good enough to be sponsored or at a disadvantage to those of us who have the option to choose the objectively best discs.

But I think Discraft makes most of their money from the Ultimate discs. From what I understand Discraft is the name in Ultimate discs.

ERic
It's true. Try brining anything but an Ultrastar to a league or club Ultimate game just about anywhere in the world and see if they'll use your disc. I'll bet you'll be successful much less than 1% of the time.

ERicj, you're dead on. I'm a fairly big ultimate player and I have four ultra-stars and most of my friends have at least one or two. If you're serious about ultimate then you buy discraft.

ERicj, you're dead on. I'm a fairly big ultimate player and I have four ultra-stars and most of my friends have at least one or two. If you're serious about ultimate then you buy discraft.

Discraft's has more of a monopoly on Ultimate discs than Innova has on Disc Golf. Discraft Ultrastar is the ultimate disc. And as one who has thrown almost every ultimate disc ... Discraft has the best disc out there in the ultrastar.

All of my discs are Innova. I've seen a few other brands for sell at a pro-shop, but elsewhere I have found only Innova (they have a really good setup at the Dick's Sporting Good stores Ive been to) and once in awhile Wham-o (Which I haven't tried).

I don't want to order a disk online when I haven't felt it. Just wierd that way.

Innova wins comfortably, but its not a walkover.

I could not agree more. Fact is that discraft make some really good discs, but people are not super confident throwing a discs they are not 100% sure about what it should do.

As for Discraft Vs. Innova. Innova wins comfortably, but its not a walkover. The Predator, buzz and banger-gt as well as FLX and Elite X in my opinion beat their innova counterparts.

FYI My bag
Drivers - Boss, Surge, Teebird x2, Sidewinder. Predator.
Mid - Comet Roc/Wasp.
Putt - Banger - GT x2
Other - Whittler

Latest posts