• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is throwing sidearm sustainable?

Do you try to fire the hips quickly, do you focus on the snapping motion...or is it all just smooth muscle memory at this point? I'm significantly slower than you, at 56-58 mph/350'. Another 10-15 mph is insane to me, I'd love to see that in person as I've only met one guy who throws 400+ FH on a rope and it was so smooth.

HUB are you talking backhand or forehand speeds? Are you saying Eagle can FH over 70mph too?

With backhand I'd think 70mph is 500ish. I just don't have the benchmarks for forehand.

Backhand for Roan and Eagle, FH for Jerome.

I can get over 500 on occasion, but the 67-72 range is where I have the most control and those throws end up 425 or so most of the time.

Seriously nose angle is at times an issue for me, but it's one that I'm getting better at managing. On Sunday I threw an ideal form drive 455 and on the same hole later got nose up a bit and was only about 415.

Yeah, I can't think of any other reason other that you'd be losing distance with that kind of power. Backhand has this advantage over FH - that it's easier to hold a disc so that it'll come out of your hand flying nose down backhand with the "pouring coffee" move that allows you to keep a solid grip and articulate the angle as you're throwing the back of the disc.

Forehand seems to be a much more difficult physical thing to do: throwing a forehand nose down that doesn't wobble. Most likely you're throwing the disc very flat and any nose up at all will slow the disc more quickly and cut short your distance.

Interesting to hear the MPH correlation with distance. I've never been put on a radar gun before but I throw FH 450' on golf lines and can push 500' when just crushing not caring where it goes. Would be curious to see how hard I threw.

Interesting to hear the MPH correlation with distance. I've never been put on a radar gun before but I throw FH 450' on golf lines and can push 500' when just crushing not caring where it goes. Would be curious to see how hard I threw.

next time you're in denver, I believe Shot Shapers has a radar gun that you can throw at.