• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Return Protocol

drummadude2

I lost a disc on vacation, I had my name, phone# and PDGA# on the inside rim. I got a text the other day from a guy telling me he found my disc. I asked where and he told me. I asked if he would mail it to me I could send the funds to him. No answer. I thought since I hadn't heard and he new I was from out of state he was keeping it. I asked again and he said it had went through some hands in his area and wasn't his to give back. What are your thoughts on return protocol?

Hello, welcome to the forums! :)

You must be new! :|

This has been discussed ad nasuem.

And then some.

And then some more. :gross:

May I suggest using the search feature? :)

Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Your Local Frisbee Forum Smartass

There are two types of disc golfers. The finders/keepers type, and the always return found discs everytime type.

I think it's time to make a master 'returning lost discs' post, stickied.

I nominate Juke to pen that post.

There are two types of disc golfers. The finders/keepers type, and the always return found discs everytime type.

There's a third type, like me. I just leave them where they lie, if they have no info.

I got a text the other day from a guy telling me he found my disc.

In my book, contacting someone about a lost disc obligates the caller to work with you on arranging a return, somehow. Your offer to pay shipping was correct. If he doesn't follow through from there, I'd consider him a DB, the disc lost, and move on.

And the idea of a stickied thread: YES! :thmbup: Might even consider a General DG FAQ forum all to itself, and we gently persuade folks to look there?

I lost a disc on vacation, I had my name, phone# and PDGA# on the inside rim. I got a text the other day from a guy telling me he found my disc. I asked where and he told me. I asked if he would mail it to me I could send the funds to him. No answer. I thought since I hadn't heard and he new I was from out of state he was keeping it. I asked again and he said it had went through some hands in his area and wasn't his to give back. What are your thoughts on return protocol?

I feel you. Just had basically the same thing happen to me. Calling and not delivering is so much worse than just not calling in the first place. Hope it works out but I have all but lost hope on getting mine back.

Here's the sticky that we need.:

"Please make sure to use the search feature or some D-bag will tell you to use the search feature in more words than if they were to just answer your question."

Last edited:
D-bag?

DenimBag.jpg

When you play dg you accept the risk of losing frisbees. Pretend he never found it.

Also, can we get past the "use the search function" crap? Answer the question, or don't, or hell even post some completely random ****. Do you really care that there's an extra thread floating around the aether?

On second thought, **** it idc what y'all do.

Last edited:
When you play dg you accept the risk of losing frisbees. Pretend he never found it.

Also, can we get past the "use the search function" crap? Answer the question, or don't, or hell even post some completely random ****. Do you really care that there's an extra thread floating around the aether?

On second thought, **** it idc what y'all do.

yes...yes, i do jesus

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with."

Thought that was "if you love something, set it on fire". Meh. Either way.

Latest posts