• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

I have been infatuated with the M4 400G. If I lose that then yeah I'll go buy a Mako3 again.

It really is tough working in a place where I can buy any disc I want at any time...haha

When I threw the M4 at Flyboy I was really digging it. Might have to get one for myself to play around with.

The Mako3 is so rapidly becoming a staple in my bag.. I love this thing. Glidey slow hyzers , dead straight shots with no fade, nice anhyzers, It can do them all with ease.

yeah i picked up another to use during glow and man am i loving it. this one has less LSS than my proto so it's really easy to get super straight lines. when you get in to them they have a bit of turn to the right at the end. flys almost exactly like one of my beat in protostar makos.

My Mako3 is money. I used to use a Stratus for a majority of my understable shots but I kept having slip outs because of the rim. That is no longer the case with the Mako3. I used it a ton last weekend at the tourney I was playing with. People were impressed by it.

It certainly isn't "flippy" in comparison to my First Run Star Mako. I can put some power behind the Mako 3 and it just tracks straight or slightly to the right (RHBH).

Finally grabbed a Mako 3 today. For me it is much more controllable/predictable than my star mako. I have a torquey throw that mostly would flip the std Mako. Mako3 was holding hyzers great, only flipped one (operator error). It pulls out of anhyzer if slow and high, otherwise it will hold it to the ground.

Honestly it may be the most neutral mid I have thrown. Tell it which way to go and it obeys. Looking forward to getting to know it better.

It certainly isn't "flippy" in comparison to my First Run Star Mako. I can put some power behind the Mako 3 and it just tracks straight or slightly to the right (RHBH).

That was theproblem I had with the Star Mako - flippy, and hard to get a clean release. I'd like to try a Mako 3 tho.

people throw comets and they flip - oh it's because the comet demands a clean release and will show your form flaws, it's not flippy it's just your form

people throw makos and they flip - oh it's just flippy i need a different disc

people throw comets and they flip - oh it's because the comet demands a clean release and will show your form flaws, it's not flippy it's just your form

people throw makos and they flip - oh it's just flippy i need a different disc

Kinda funny how that works out, huh?

the mako 3 can slightly flip if you put some power behind it

yea it definitely does, the first two i had didn't they were more like echo star makos but the last two i've got a hold of definitely track to the right towards the end of the flight. i wouldn't say that the disc is flippy though.

I agree

I have to put a slight hyzer on both of mine to get it straight. It's usually not a problem with low power.

Do you guys think this disc would fill the beat up KC Roc slot?

I'm looking for the Hyzerflip to straight then turnover slot. Opto Fuse is the closest I've found so far.

If not, I'm open to suggestions.

My friend Ed insisted I throw his Maco3 a few times, and I really liked it. Being new to the game and over 50 I don't have tons of power so over powering it and flipping was not an issue for me. For me she flew straight as a bullet and carried further than my Buzzz with less fade at the end of the flight. I jokingly told Ed that I was mad at him for insisting I try throwing it because now I had another disc I want to ad to my bag.

Do you guys think this disc would fill the beat up KC Roc slot?

I'm looking for the Hyzerflip to straight then turnover slot. Opto Fuse is the closest I've found so far.

If not, I'm open to suggestions.

Its an interesting disc for sure youd have to crank on it to get it to flip up, it will hold a hyzer, a straight line, and an anhyzer

Latest posts