• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Me and my friends plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick Forcepush

Eagle Member
Ok so.. my friend has been playing for about a year and i have been playing for 2 months.. this year we said we are going to take the time and get better.. then next year we will be a senior in high school.. we are going to go to tournaments next year and get our name out there.. we are going to go to a community college our freshman year of college and continue to play tournaments and then our sophmore year of college we are going to go to a division 1 school and hopfully play in the college disc golf national championship.. and hopfully get sponsoured.. how does that sound??

Ok so.. my friend has been playing for about a year and i have been playing for 2 months.. this year we said we are going to take the time and get better.. then next year we will be a senior in high school.. we are going to go to tournaments next year and get our name out there.. we are going to go to a community college our freshman year of college and continue to play tournaments and then our sophmore year of college we are going to go to a division 1 school and hopfully play in the college disc golf national championship.. and hopfully get sponsoured.. how does that sound??

Those sure are ambitious goals and definitely achieve-able, but I don't think it will be as easy as you are making it sound.

Good luck though.

Just the same, 1) there are several "rules" to getting sponsored you don't understand, like a mixed bag and things like that, 2) 2 years of practice most likely won't get you to the level you need to get noticed at that level, 3) division 1 colleges aren't easy to get into, 4) if you're gonna play the college championships, you can't ever accept cash as a pro player, and pros get noticed the most, so you'll have to either stay in advanced which will make it tougher to be seen, or not take any prize money ever as a pro, which would suck.

Not trying to be a dick and discourage you. It could happen, but it won't be easy. I too hope to play pro level golf some day, but my goals are much more realistic imo. I want to be rated into INT by the end of this fall at the latest (currently 879, need 900) and then into adv by this time 2 years from now. I'll stay there until I'm done with college, then if I feel I can compete, I'll go pro.

youve been playing 2 months and throw a boss and destroyer. Interesting

Not trying to be a dick and discourage you. It could happen, but it won't be easy. I too hope to play pro level golf some day, but my goals are much more realistic imo. I want to be rated into INT by the end of this fall at the latest (currently 879, need 900) and then into adv by this time 2 years from now. I'll stay there until I'm done with college, then if I feel I can compete, I'll go pro.

I agree with this statement.

And, right on with the INT rating and goals. I'm sitting at 895 and hoping to get the bump into INT with the next rating update, and maybe someday I'll play on the pro level.

@ OP: With how young the sport of disc golf is, going pro may not be as difficult to achieve as say professional basketball or football, but it doesn't mean you can achieve that goal in a few years when you may be competing against people who have 30+ years of experience throwing frisbees/discs and you have just started.

Unlike alot of our young people today, you have a plan! I say good luck and tear them up. Some people can get good at our sport fast and have a natural talent for it. Disc golf is a lifelong sport, enjoy and have fun!

Good luck op. Just make sure one day you get yourself a control driver.

Bottom line will be, no matter what path you take to get there as far as sponsors go, you will get one because you are really good and getting noticed much more than playing through the ranks. Playing through the ranks like that just gets you exposure to help being noticed.

How far do you throw? What's your maximum putting distance? Why don't you throw any slower drivers? Did I even see any mids in your Sig?

While I am reletively new to disc golf myself I think just playing everyday isn't enough to get better results faster. I am not Currently really serious about disc because I am a Thrower for track and field and don't have time to practice much, but my experience with track and other sports is that just competing everyday doesn't always give you fast results. In my experience event specific training(core work, flexability, little bit of weights would be my guess for disc) helps a lot because being athletic never hurts, but the real key to getting better is Drills Drills and more drills. breaking down your throws to find small flaws and working on muscle memory to fix them is hard to do while competing.
However, I also think that anything is possible with hard work! But if you guys are gonna be successful you need to realize that is exactly what it's gonna take. Good luck to ya I hope you succeed :thmbup:

I run every day, that does not mean I will go to the Olympics.

Looking at your grammar, you will have a tough time getting into a division 1 college.

bs13690-83559-albums-animated-gifs-pic44678-flamewar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.