• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Me and my friends plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so.. my friend has been playing for about a year and i have been playing for 2 months.. this year we said we are going to take the time and get better.. then next year we will be a senior in high school.. we are going to go to tournaments next year and get our name out there.. we are going to go to a community college our freshman year of college and continue to play tournaments and then our sophmore year of college we are going to go to a division 1 school and hopfully play in the college disc golf national championship.. and hopfully get sponsoured.. how does that sound??

Goals are good.
Practice is encouraged.
Talk is cheap.
Posers are everywhere.

So best of luck.

you should go to a community college for 2 years because a D1 college may not take individual credits, but they have to take an associates degree when you transfer. It will save you so much money and you will not waste your time taking classes that the college will not accept.

Hey Schusterick is only 18 so it's definitely possible. That being said, if you're going to get good, stay away from the high speed drivers for now. I can believe a natural could be using a boss successfully after a year, however after 2 months you don't have the form/power. Try a beast or an orc or even a wraith if you want to push the boundaries. I too started off with a Boss and all I learned was bad habits. Trust me, if you want to get to pro level you have to do it the right way. I'm not a pro though so take it with a grain of salt. Now go practice while listening to Journey and you'll get it done! (Don't stop believing!)

and u my man is a poser and a slacker DG is a way of life not a get cash fast plan. play the game for the love of the game, and by the way shut up and play the game

I run every day, that does not mean I will go to the Olympics.

Looking at your grammar, you will have a tough time getting into a division 1 college.

If he's a scholarship athlete his grammar problems will be no obstacle, especially at a school with Division 1 sports. ;)

bs13690-83559-albums-animated-gifs-pic44678-flamewar.gif

It is memorial day, so we need a good bar-b-q!

If I was one of the veterans here (10+ years) and I heard you come in talking about trying to turn pro after 2 months of throwing I might just vomit in my mouth a little bit.

BTW if you do turn pro.. you have every right to take a dump on print outs of this thread and mail them to me. If you dont turn pro, we are going to take dumps on this thread and mail it to you.. just a word of warning.. there are waaay more of us.

Go Greendale!

Last edited:
If I was one of the veterans here (10+ years) and I heard you come in talking about trying to turn pro after 2 months of throwing I might just vomit in my mouth a little bit.

Doesn't bother me at all! I never was a pro, never will be a pro, don't want to be a pro. I have seen people who move up from am to pro very rapidly, in 1-2 years. It can happen.

I've introduced several people to the sport that have gotten alot better than me. So what? More power to them!

I've introduced several people to the sport that have gotten alot better than me. So what? More power to them!

Oh I don't care if he is better than me... a lot of people are. haha.. I just liken it to somebody going to "track days" for a few months and then saying they are going to be an F1 racer.. Im not saying its impossible, it's just quite cocky to come in to a community that you are new to and proclaim that you will soon be a pro when there are guys who have been working on their game for years that will never be good enough turn pro.

I love you

I really do hope this kid makes it how he is dreaming, but I hope he plans to keep that high speed liquor at home and practice with his mids and putters... A LOT. If he doesn't get a practice basket and drill puts for an hour or two each day I see him taking 5-10 years to materialize his wishes.

Im not saying its impossible, it's just quite cocky to come in to a community that you are new to and proclaim that you will soon be a pro when there are guys who have been working on their game for years that will never be good enough turn pro.

This is the only reason I'm in this thread, I want this kid to post back with daily drills he plans on doing and how he plans to only use slower discs until he cracks AT LEAST 300 feet. Hell I won't throw anything faster than a rogue and I'm about 300-310ish.

Wow - I've never been so sickened by anything posted in any thread on here than this garbage you're throwing at the OP.

He didn't even say a timeline for getting sponsored - he just said that was a goal after a college national championship. Some of y'all need to seriously think before you spew that crap.

@ the OP - go for it man. Don't let haters get in your way because they failed in their dreams and ambitions. Just realize it only takes one day to set a goal but if it's worth having it takes time and dedication to see it to fruition. If it's what you really want then go get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.