• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

When this thread started I had only played one round of disc golf and I thought it was stupid...Now 107 courses over 5 states, 5 different bags and 100s of discs and 3 years of being a PDGA member later not so stupid

I plan to be over 100 by the end of of 2009!!! I am at 74 right now.

Thanks for the flashback bump! I forgot I even typed that, but I did indeed hit 100. Sitting at 266 currently... just a few short of 1000.

Pretty impressive to see the list of people with well over 1,000 played.

I'm slowly, slowly adding new courses to my played list.

When this thread was started, my course count was 1

Dang! Now at over 1200! I'm curious how you guys do it! I guess just a bunch of road trips to disc golf saturated areas? Where would you recommend someone start? My problem is that I'm usually in town for other reasons, and I'd rather choose to play just 1-3 of the better courses. Then I miss out on the easy ones. The only area where I've actually hit up all the courses are areas where I've lived for over a year...

As an example, it's looking like I might make it down to Texas to add 3 courses this weekend: Harry Myers and the Selahs. Lots of time and effort for a measly 3 courses... ;) :D

(Note to future self: sitting at 67 right now)

Dang! Now at over 1200! I'm curious how you guys do it! I guess just a bunch of road trips to disc golf saturated areas? Where would you recommend someone start? My problem is that I'm usually in town for other reasons, and I'd rather choose to play just 1-3 of the better courses. Then I miss out on the easy ones. The only area where I've actually hit up all the courses are areas where I've lived for over a year...

As an example, it's looking like I might make it down to Texas to add 3 courses this weekend: Harry Myers and the Selahs. Lots of time and effort for a measly 3 courses... ;) :D

(Note to future self: sitting at 67 right now)

The kicker is that I did it all in about 3 years...

The key is living in a minivan (yeah occasionally I parked it down by the river), I would work for 6 months a year with minimal expenses, then collect unemployment for 6 months while seasonally unemployed and average around 3 or 4 courses a day, occasionally taking an off day, or pushing over 10 courses in a day.

When this thread starter I probably had around 25 courses played. Now I have:

730 total courses (20 private, temp, or tourney courses)
710 on DGCR
44 states played
343 in the state of California (over 350 if you count private courses)
400+ along the west coast (cali, Oregon, Washington)
1 country played
400+ in the South West States (Cali, Nevada, Arizona)
20 or less Courses left to play currently in a 500 mile radius on my Zip code.

I really need to move but will probably be stuck in California for ever. I've played almost everything by me. I do have a summer trip planned to play another 20-30 courses along the coast and into Canada so I will get another country and probably another 5-8 California courses along with 10-15 Oregeon, 1-5 in Washington, and 1-3 in Canada. I plan to finish the year at over 750 courses on DGCR so that's over 770 for me personally. Might try to complete Arizona and Nevada again, I once had those states done (all courses played). Cali once to many years ago but with all the private courses and camps its tough to travel and get on those courses these days.I usually try to play 50 courses new a year, So with that beginning said I should break a 1000 courses around 2022. I hope sooner then later.

Wait a minute . . . wait just a gosh darn minute . . . disc golf existed before DGCR? I don't believe one word of what you say!

343 in the state of California (over 350 if you count private courses)
Your California count by itself would put you at number 66 on the list of most courses played by DGCR members!

(No. 65 if Teh_Wood's bogus count didn't skew the numbers. I, too, find his count irritating because it pollutes the data.)

[SteveP454 and the others in the top 10 who also have about 1000 courses marked as played but have 0 reviews and 0 forum posts also make me wonder if their lists are really Wish Lists of courses they want to play.]

Lion,

The fact that at one point in time you had played every course in CA is astounding! The state is so huge that the number of miles on your car to do that must have been mind boggling.

As of January 2005 I had played every public and private course in NC (pre-DGCR), but then life hit and I couldn't keep up with the explosion of new NC courses. So I know how hard it is to complete a much smaller state like NC.

I would be curious to know when SteveP454 played 56 NC courses. One of them has only been completed in the last year. I wish he would get on this forum and confirm that his numbers are legit and not just a Wish List.

Oh so close, 91 listed courses and 6 private, unlisted courses puts me at 97. Looks like I need a road trip to snag me 3 more to join the club.

The kicker is that I did it all in about 3 years...

The key is living in a minivan (yeah occasionally I parked it down by the river), I would work for 6 months a year with minimal expenses, then collect unemployment for 6 months while seasonally unemployed and average around 3 or 4 courses a day, occasionally taking an off day, or pushing over 10 courses in a day.

And my employer wonders why I wouldn't mind unemployment. No baggage or debt enables a ton of opportunities!

Lion,

The fact that at one point in time you had played every course in CA is astounding! The state is so huge that the number of miles on your car to do that must have been mind boggling.

As of January 2005 I had played every public and private course in NC (pre-DGCR), but then life hit and I couldn't keep up with the explosion of new NC courses. So I know how hard it is to complete a much smaller state like NC.

I have plans for 6 more Cali courses in the next 3 weeks to knock out and complete Socal. States so big I wish it was split into two sections. I've put around 300k miles on my car in the last 6-7 years. Probably another 10-15k on three epic road trips with a buddy of mines car outside the state. Yeah I know for a fact that Tehwood hasn't played all the courses he's marked. I might get ambissous and try for a thousand sooner if I get permission from the wife. Having kids though makes it tough.