• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Insane Disc Retreival???

I've got buddies that will not leave a disc behind no matter how long it takes them, be it an 30 minutes or an hour. The only good thing about that method is you usually end up adding discs to your bag. The bad thing is that no one will ever play a round with you unless it is on a open flat no tree course.

I have a friend like that. It gets annoying & we usually leave him behind but most of the time he finds his disc.

I seem to find my lost discs as soon as I give up looking.

I usually find other peoples losts discs after I ask "what color is it?"

Isn't it funny that no matter how many rounds you play with your buddies, and how often you watch them show, you still never know what color their disc is when it gets lost?:)

Took a short road trip out to Columbia to play. I forget which hole it was, but there's a pond to the left of the fairway. It's not hard to avoid, mind you, but just the fact that it was there and I did not feel like losing a disc was enough to make me choke and throw it almost directly into the pond. Yay. However, the disc, an Avenger, skips like a stone three times and then glides up to the far shore. Who'da thought, right? Not so much of an insane retrieval as an insane bit of improbably fortune.

ok so i had this one where it was my buddies disc in this tree and he asked if i would climb it for him and im a good twenty feet up there and then i have to lean way out and start shaking the tree. It wouldn't budge so, like an idiot, i kept leaning out farther and farther and i almost fell out of the tree. scared the crap out of me but then i kept trying and after all the work of like 30 minutes i get it down and it wasn't even his disc and it had some guys number on it so i had to give it back. it was such a fat waste of time

ok so i had this one where it was my buddies disc in this tree and he asked if i would climb it for him and im a good twenty feet up there and then i have to lean way out and start shaking the tree. It wouldn't budge so, like an idiot, i kept leaning out farther and farther and i almost fell out of the tree. scared the crap out of me but then i kept trying and after all the work of like 30 minutes i get it down and it wasn't even his disc and it had some guys number on it so i had to give it back. it was such a fat waste of time

Doing the right thing is never a waste of time.

I just walked out to the middle of a semi frozen creek, about 15 feet to get my putter. It was cold wish i had some waders. I ran straight back to my car that i had all ready with the heat on full blast. Hope i dont get sick, i would of been sick for weeks if i lost that putter though.

We were at an ace race and there was very steep bank and about 5 feet down to reach the disc laying the shallow water. So our group made a people chain and the guy just hung out over the water like he was repelling to get the disc. Not that insane but it was very cool. The funny thing was it went in the same spot the second time around and we had to do it all over again. :cool:

This one was actually funny.

We had this guy hanging out over some water with this big stick supporting him over the water. The grass and weeds were so tall, all you could see from the bank was his chest and up. He reaches down with his weight on the stick holding him up and gets the disc. So for a second he is gone from sight and then he comes back up. He raises the disc in the air yells, "I got it!" Then CRACK, he just vanished. Then the sound of water filled the air. We all started laughing and had to go make sure he was OK. I felt bad, but could not stop laughing. :D

One day I was playing with my son who was four years old at the time. I threw into a shallow creek but could not find a stick to get the disc. I held my son upside down by his ankles and he grabbed the disc. When I put him down and turned around there were two old people who had stopped their morning walk to watch. The man said "I guess they're good for something after all".

One day I was playing with my son who was four years old at the time. I threw into a shallow creek but could not find a stick to get the disc. I held my son upside down by his ankles and he grabbed the disc. When I put him down and turned around there were two old people who had stopped their morning walk to watch. The man said "I guess they're good for something after all".

Now that is funny

HAHAHA! That is hilarious.

Early released a disc and it hyzered out into a waist deep creek... sooooo, I sent my girlfriend in to go and get it. The next day I aced with that very same disc. :D

The last hole of my home course has a filthy, nasty, still water creek that smells like a cess pool during the summer. I have seen 10-20 baby water moccasins swirling around it from time to time.

There is a line of trees right next to the creek on the far bank that you have to throw through to the hole. I'd already lost a couple of discs bouncing back off the trees but there was no way I would ever go in to retrieve them.

One day, my friends and I are waiting for a group to clear the basket when one guy in our group says, "What the hell?" and points at the creek. Up out of the water pops a guy's head and he starts slinging discs onto the bank.

He jumps out of the water and all he has on is his wet skivvies. He pulls them off and grabs a pair of shorts out of the bushes, grabs the discs and says, "I've found over 100 discs out of there." with a big smile on his face.

I asked if he'd found any with my name on them. He said he'd look when he got home and if he had any, he'd call but they'd cost 5 bucks a piece cuz he did all the work.

I guess it's worth $5 not to smell like toxic waste.

Woodpecker

I saw a gut strip down to his boxers and swim at least 100 yards into a lake when it was 40 degrees out to get his floater because there was no wind blowing and he didnt want to wait.

Early released a disc and it hyzered out into a waist deep creek... sooooo, I sent my girlfriend in to go and get it. The next day I aced with that very same disc. :D

the irony is that I aced your girlfriend as you were out playing the next day!

(RIMSHOT!)

Last edited:
One day I bought a brand new disc & went to Fletcher to play a round. I threw the disc on hole #1 & #2 & it flew straight & long. Very nice! On the 3rd hole I threw it RHBH & it hyzered bad right into the middle of the deep pond. It was gone! Needless to say I was pissed & my whole mood was shot. There was no way to tell exactly where it went in the pond & I figured there were probably leeches in there so I had to write it off. About 3 months later a guy calls & says he found my disc. Seems he went into the pond (with waders on) when the level had fallen. He said he found about 50 discs just by feel (he'd step on them). He called the ones that had names on them. He says "Man, that disc looked pretty new, so I knew I had to call you!" I said yeah, three throws old is all haha.
thepond.jpg

Thin Ice

Yesterday I was playing with my brother and a friend. We were on the hole where my friend had lost a few discs in this particular pond but today it was frozen over. Needless to say, he threw his disc in the same spot where he had lost others, but it came to rest on top of the ice. We thought it'd be an easy retrieval, but after setting foot on the ice, we realized it was not very thick; it was less than an inch thick. The disc was only about 25 feet out from the shore. My brother found a 12 foot long stick and slid out on his stomach and pulled the disc in with the stick. The whole time you could hear the ice creaking beneath his chest. Luckily, the ice didn't break and he retrieved the disc.

Latest posts