• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, glad to hear they're almost interchangeable. I should have specified for putting, but sounds like they're extremely similar!

Streamline Pilot is also pretty similar numbers are the same except Pilot has 1 more glide. It also has more of a rounded nose like a roach

That last Envy he's holding, most overstable one, pretty shiny for electron, bet he mixed it up with cosmic neutron.

After hearing James talk about it, I'm glad I didn't bother grabbing a Panic to try out. Would have been a waste of money if they are super fast, overstable wind fighters for him.

What's a replacement putter for a Roach? I searched the thread and surprisingly only one mention of Roaches.

I ended up settling on the Plasma Proxy as a replacement for my Ti Roaches. Definitely sacrificing glide, but it's made me commit to a slightly faster putt which has been much more consistent. My Proxys are still pretty fresh, but I'm excited to see if any break in with some better glide for longer putts.

This might be kind of an obscure question about comparing discs - but how similar are the breaker and envy? I know the breaker has more of a unique shape when it comes to 'putters' and the envy looks a bit more traditional. But the breaker is my primary approach disc, for both FH and BH - could an envy be an alternative to check out? Mainly looking because MVP is available locally, but I'm pretty happy with a breaker in the bag. Other similar suggestions welcome.

This might be kind of an obscure question about comparing discs - but how similar are the breaker and envy? I know the breaker has more of a unique shape when it comes to 'putters' and the envy looks a bit more traditional. But the breaker is my primary approach disc, for both FH and BH - could an envy be an alternative to check out? Mainly looking because MVP is available locally, but I'm pretty happy with a breaker in the bag. Other similar suggestions welcome.

The Breaker is probably my most thrown and trusted disc. I've never thrown an envy but just ordered one of the new eclipse runs so I'll report back after I've thrown it. I'm expecting the envy to be just a tick less stable and longer but I could have the wrong expectations. I do think they could probably fill the same slot though.

The Breaker is probably my most thrown and trusted disc. I've never thrown an envy but just ordered one of the new eclipse runs so I'll report back after I've thrown it. I'm expecting the envy to be just a tick less stable and longer but I could have the wrong expectations. I do think they could probably fill the same slot though.

Yeah my breaker gets a ton of work and I trust it a lot. But, buying local *could* make it replaceable. Looking forward to your review/comparison!

The Envy is deeper, has more glide, and is less OS....imo

Even though the Breaker has been out of stock for a while, the mold is very consistent. Its one disc i dont mind ordering online.

The Envy is a good disc though. I just found myself getting mad at how straight it was. I was always expecting it to fade sooner than it would.

Breaker feels way more comfortable for forehands for me as well.

The Envy is deeper, has more glide, and is less OS....imo

Even though the Breaker has been out of stock for a while, the mold is very consistent. Its one disc i dont mind ordering online.

The Envy is a good disc though. I just found myself getting mad at how straight it was. I was always expecting it to fade sooner than it would.

Breaker feels way more comfortable for forehands for me as well.

Just from this, sounds like I need to keep the breaker.

Just from this, sounds like I need to keep the breaker.

I screwed up my game trying to replace molds i loved.... I learned it isnt worth it..

Its fun to start because you get new plastic but when its all said and done...i crawl back to the mold i loved and wasted money on plastic i wont throw anymore.

I would only flirt with other molds if you have to. If you NEED a new Breaker but they arent available (which they arent).

A Stabilizer or Entropy might be closer to a Breaker flight then an Envy(in my experience). At least for that reliable OS finish.

I putt and approach with Wizards. The Envy wasnt OS enough to pull over the Wizards... The Breaker is. (Plus how great the Breaker forehands over the Wiz and Envy).

The Entropy is more akin to a Breaker than an Envy. The more OS Cosmic Neutron Envies are close but they still fly more straight like a beat in P-line Breaker. The Entropy isn't as OS like a Zone the way you'd think. It's more like Harp OS.

Yeah the Entropy is a good disc. Good stable straight flyer for me in the wind, bonus is it still putts surprisingly straight and easy for how beefy it is to throw....but always gets a fade when I drive it FH or BH.

Definitely a little redundant to have it and an Envy, they share a lot of characteristics but that's the thing I like! Especially when mine is in and out of the bag. Always in if it's windy! Which isn't that often, great FH disc for me. Totally Envy OS.. As much as I like it it just doesn't fit my needs, I just use an Envy.

Speaking of which :D :D.... Got government stimulus money this morning.. Finally showed up..

Saw and scored a couple eclipse 2.0 Envy.. one of the retailers up here got some. They're going quick but I got a fluorescent yellow and an orange 175. Gonna be a bit beefy but I'm hungry for glow!

Shout out to a very cool veteran DGCR member that offered to grab me one off infinite since I thought I was boned up here.... he's also doing me a solid on a watermelon envy!!!!! :D

Last edited:
Yeah the Entropy is a good disc. Good stable straight flyer for me in the wind, bonus is it still putts surprisingly straight and easy for how beefy it is to throw....but always gets a fade when I drive it FH or BH.

Definitely a little redundant to have it and an Envy, they share a lot of characteristics but that's the thing I like! Especially when mine is in and out of the bag. Always in if it's windy! Which isn't that often, great FH disc for me. Totally Envy OS.. As much as I like it it just doesn't fit my needs, I just use an Envy.

I think the Envy is a good - only one putter - disc - which is why so many carry it. It's also good for pairing with an Understable/stable like the Proxy or Ohm - If you throw Ohm / Proxy pretty straight.

If you prefer a more extreme fade, then Envy doesn't really deliver. I briefly carried the Atom in electron before picking up a bunch of Envys in different plastics. I carried them a couple seasons - til the Entropy release. I paired them briefly - but the Entropy defeated the Envy for that OS spot in my bag. That's when I tried the Ohm - which eventually lost out to the Neutron Atom.

Its really sad Neutron Atom is OOP. For me, it's perfect. A straight putter with not too much glide but just a touch of OS to be wind resistant.

So I apparently have lost my workhorse distance driver. 164 plasma wave. No idea when where it how. Went out for a round the other day and it wasn't in my bag. Must have dropped it somewhere during the round previous or something. No idea where it could be. Name and number on the bottom, but I'm not holding my breath it's returned.

Which brings me to my conundrum......

Whenever I can find last years form.....the waves were getting a touch squirrely for me. Pretty easy to flip. I had considered looking for something a touch more stable. Considering swapping waves for streamline traces. If I'm going to, now would be my time. I still have a cosmic neutron wave that was my slightly more OS partner to my plasma wave. Is a Trace more OS than something like that still?

I also currently have a plasma mayhem itb, but my form has went to pieces over the off season and idk what I can do with that thing yet. Gonna rock Insanities till I can figure out what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.