• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on how to develop the inevitable "puddle top" on Anodes/Ions a little sooner? I much prefer the lower profile feel, release, and even flight once they are like this but it seems to take 8-12 months of normal time/wear for me for that to happen.

Actually I don't even know why they do that...if it's sun exposure, temperature changes, or just smashing into things over and over until the flight plate changes shape relative to the rim.

Anyone have any advice on how to develop the inevitable "puddle top" on Anodes/Ions a little sooner? I much prefer the lower profile feel, release, and even flight once they are like this but it seems to take 8-12 months of normal time/wear for me for that to happen.

Actually I don't even know why they do that...if it's sun exposure, temperature changes, or just smashing into things over and over until the flight plate changes shape relative to the rim.

i wonder if you try some suction type bull****

like smash two discs together and pull them apart

obviously the second disc you dont care about

An oven on warm will do the trick. I tried to heat set a dye job on an Neutron Inspire and it became unusable OS.

Upside down on a shaving cream bed, oven on warm broil . Dangerous, but it should work if you catch it at the right time. Too long and it's gonna be warped.

An oven on warm will do the trick. I tried to heat set a dye job on an Neutron Inspire and it became unusable OS.

Upside down on a shaving cream bed, oven on warm broil . Dangerous, but it should work if you catch it at the right time. Too long and it's gonna be warped.

I was kind of thinking heat might be a major factor, maybe I'll leave it in the sun to be safer about it...not worth ruining it to me, just wanted to speed up the process a little.

yeah plaz and proton

ive never had a neutron ion around long enough to find out

i got a few extra puddle tops if youre interested

Yeah my Neutron Anode does that too...so had Neutron/Proton/Eclipse which is proton all do it.

I'm just cycling Anodes and it's been a while since I added a fresh one so it's more noticeable than I thought with the different hand profile. I'll continue throwing it and leave it in the yard on sunny days I think.

I was kind of thinking heat might be a major factor, maybe I'll leave it in the sun to be safer about it...not worth ruining it to me, just wanted to speed up the process a little.

Just sun tan it.. Leave it in a basket or somewhere flat and flip it over every day for a week or two.. Works decent in Spring and Fall, it can cause severe fading in the summer.

If you want to get crazy, there's the dishwasher or put it flat in a big pot and pour hotish (not boiling) water over the top to cover and push on it with with a small steel bowl, you can add extra water to the bowl to increase the weight if needed. You can also adjust water temp by adding more hot from the kettle.

I do it in reverse with a disc or bowl on the bottom both discs upside down and then pour hot water in the top one another steel bowl on top sitting in disc to pop out clover tops. Haha

Last edited:
If you want to get crazy....

Not in this situation for me. With a disc that is stupid OS or so warped that I wouldn't be throwing it otherwise I'd consider extreme measures, but I don't think I'll get carried away with something that feels and flies ok already. I just know I prefer them when they season a bit and get puddled, but not show any turn. Then they stay that way a LONG time.

Wonder when they're gonna show off the new mids???

theyre loosing people around my neck of the woods left and right by their discontinued molds but no new ones/substitutions

im unsure of the business plan but it seems a little ass backwards

theyre loosing people around my neck of the woods left and right by their discontinued molds but no new ones/substitutions

Agreed. It also looks bad. I understand the "rip of the bandaid" strategy. The Electron Matrix has softened the blow a bit. I realize you hate Electron, but so far this disc has been great. Pretty dead straight off the shelf and nearly 3 weeks some HSS has started to show but since I prefer to hyzer flip, they have been great. Hold many angles well. I prefer it to the Neutron that is domey and more OS and the Proton, which I never really liked the feel of. I will probably start a cycle of them.

TBH I still have all the Tangents I've ever owned except for one I traded.. They are all still in great throwing shape even the first one that I got 8? years ago... those discs take forever to wear out. So really my displeasure is more mental than anything.

I guess I will never get around to buying and throwing a plasma Tangent.

So, i got my hands on a few Teleports and a Dimension. First thought's are, wow these are stable. One of the Teleports is much more stable than the other two. Same weight but difference in dome. The Dimension is an absolute beast. One of the most overstable discs i have ever thrown. It's like a Stiletto/really overstable PD2 but with glide. It is also super poptop, are they all like this?

The Teleports i really like. One is straight-understable, nice bit of turn and a good fade. One is straight, very minimal flip and healthy fade. The third is almost like a Dimension, no flip at all and really big fade. I feel like this stack of Teleports could fit in the bag with the Destroyers and PD2's i throw.

So, i got my hands on a few Teleports and a Dimension. First thought's are, wow these are stable. One of the Teleports is much more stable than the other two. Same weight but difference in dome. The Dimension is an absolute beast. One of the most overstable discs i have ever thrown. It's like a Stiletto/really overstable PD2 but with glide. It is also super poptop, are they all like this?

The Teleports i really like. One is straight-understable, nice bit of turn and a good fade. One is straight, very minimal flip and healthy fade. The third is almost like a Dimension, no flip at all and really big fade. I feel like this stack of Teleports could fit in the bag with the Destroyers and PD2's i throw.

Teleports bomb and are one of my favorite distance drivers ever - major distance but also surprising control. then when they start to show more turn than you'd want for headwinds or harder hyzer finishes - (well you could use a dimension) then the Delirium is just a tick more stable - I use a Delirium/Teleport combo for my max D - then a mayhem for more turn.

I've been unsure of their business plan since they started Axiom. If it was me I would be trying to build one brand not two or three.

The way I understand it there's two differences design teams so different ideas on what to produce. Not a bad idea.

It could have been a way to cut a buddy/ investor a way to make money, pursue his ideas and their own profits which MVP would get a share of.

Also a separate corporation in terms of limiting liability or assets.

That move I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.