• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Do any of the testers feel that the axis/anodes/Ions will be bumped out of their bags for driving purposes? I cannot imagine carrying all 4 but really like the looks of this disc's flight (reminds my of my beat pures) which the anodes and axis do too, just much differently lol.

Where does this mold fit in your current MVP lineup and what, if any changes will it have on your bag?

it's funny how easy it is for you guys to get me so excited about a disc I've never thrown before...and probably won't even be able to throw quite like you do either.
Me, too! Once it was said that the Tangent is like a longer Pure, I was sold. For me, the Pure is very much a point-and-shoot disc. It can do anything for me aside from hold up against a strong headwind. I'm hoping the Tangent will shape up to do the same and become (barring headwinds), my one and only mid.

Do any of the testers feel that the axis/anodes/Ions will be bumped out of their bags for driving purposes? I cannot imagine carrying all 4 but really like the looks of this disc's flight (reminds my of my beat pures) which the anodes and axis do too, just much differently lol.

Where does this mold fit in your current MVP lineup and what, if any changes will it have on your bag?

Its making me reconsider carrying my beat Axis, but then again that disc has a bit more high speed turn and can hit lines differently than the Tangent. The Tangent just feels so easy to throw and consistent in holding the line I want it to.

I had already dropped Ions in favor of Anodes so that's a non-issue...though I did put an opaque proton Ion back in my bag for my next round, been a while since I've driven with them...

The only disc I see it taking shots away from is my Axis. I liked giving the Axis a lot of spin on a flat release and keeping it low for dead straight shots, or hyzer flipping my beat one, but the Tangent does the dead straight shot more consistently than any disc I've tried, and can do it with more height under it than the Axis.

So anything dead straight to slight turnover I'll probably throw a Tangent, Anhyzers Tangent or Axis depending on which type of anny line I need (Axis holds the angle of release and tends to level out a pinch towards the end, Tangent will turn a bit more than your release angle tells it to if you snap it hard enough and doesn't usually level out quite as much). Mild hyzers will go to Axis, and Vector will be used for more OS short drives and approach shots.

My Anode I like to drive with on shorter holes still, and it's generally my go to upshot disc, but these days I've been working mids off the tee more and putters less.

The Tangent will be totally sidelining my FR green Axis, which I only carried as needed anyway. It will be pretty much filling a hole I already had in my bag. Although my seasoned soft Anode driver flies on very similar lines as my Tangent, it has different ranges and height requirements so it's in no danger. I will only be carrying one Axis now (my stable N). So my setup is like this:

soft Anode (beat) for straight to understable short stuff
N Anode for more stable to overstable and wind

Tangent will probably be my workhorse mid for shorter stuff and my anhyzer/hyzer flip mid at longer distances.
N Axis is a laser over 300', but under that it is still a bit overstable
N Vector for working lines that need turn and fade action ( I can work it with anny and it still fades out hard)
Eclipse Vector is overstable for power hyzers and wind

This is a kick-ass lineup.

Thanks Discspeed- I am on the same page where I have a small gap the tangent looks like it COULD fill just on the fence if it is needed. I also carry a proton and N anode (which do you actually putt with?) Same with axis and vector but have been playing around with 2 Ions again for driving where Axis was too long and vector too OS but anode not enough. Seems like a Mid version of an ION then I guess.

Volt and strikers are basically interchangeable, just waiting on the new shocks and OSLace--
bags' a wraaaaaap.

So, for a low power / newer player would it be safe to assume that the tangent may be able to replace the axis completely? Right now I use a proton vector, axis and GL fuse for my mid duties. However I have been hesitant to throw my axis lately because I am trying to work on my form and my release angles will sometimes be alittle off. When I release even with the smallest amount of hyzer the axis just does this sweeping curve that has really put me in a few bad places. I think this disc sounds great for a nice straight shot. And I'm hoping it won't overlap with my fuse because powered up my fuse is a nice slow huge turning machine and powered down it does a little s curve instead of straight. Would love to hear some thoughts about that set up.

Also for reference I have 3 axis'. Slight dome N, domey P and flat P.

So, for a low power / newer player would it be safe to assume that the tangent may be able to replace the axis completely? Right now I use a proton vector, axis and GL fuse for my mid duties. However I have been hesitant to throw my axis lately because I am trying to work on my form and my release angles will sometimes be alittle off. When I release even with the smallest amount of hyzer the axis just does this sweeping curve that has really put me in a few bad places. I think this disc sounds great for a nice straight shot. And I'm hoping it won't overlap with my fuse because powered up my fuse is a nice slow huge turning machine and powered down it does a little s curve instead of straight. Would love to hear some thoughts about that set up.

Also for reference I have 3 axis'. Slight dome N, domey P and flat P.

Short answer: Yes.

I am in the low power category - much lower than Mike C - and I have found the Tangent to be much easier to work than the Axis. I also throw a Fuse. Distance wise, the Tangent and Fuse are similar and have a ton of glide, but for me the Tangent doesn't hyzer flip as easily for me. But, it can easily do dead straight, annies, and sweeping hyzers, and can do the h flip with a lot of snap. The Tangent is really versatile and, to me, is the kind of disc you give a new player to learn the game with. Manipulate all the angles well with it, and you'll have a solid game.

I agree. I've let a lot of lower power players try my axis and vectors over the years and they Are tough for them to get up to speed and they behave overstable. I think the tangent will be neutral for most of those throwers.

I think most big arms have good control of torque, or are aware of how to manipulate it, so when you pure mvp it flies very true stable

But once you add the torque they boom

I gotta question. Does more dome generally make discs overstable? Because I have an N Vector that is board flat and super beefy.

My most OS Vectors have fairly high domes, but things such as PLH and how high the overmold sits/amount of bead exposed play a larger role in stability.

If the Tangent is not a hit for MVP, I will be floored. Played with it as my only disc today, and it does it all. Hell, it even putts nicely. I parred my two nemesis holes at my home course, which I don't think I've done in the same round. Good stuff. Be excited.