• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

The 8th cannot come fast enough..............................
I'm confident from preliminary reviews that this disc could be the end of my roc reign.

Finally have access to my computer after a long week. Threw my Tangents a bit while I was down in AZ. Weren't as understable as I thought they were going to be. Held anhyzers amazingly, and were very easy to throw straight. Gonna be a great mid for beginners!

What weight are you guys ordering? Usually I get max 180g for mids but have gotten slightly less on MVP cause of the rotational advantages. Because this is a different disc altogether I was wondering what might work best.....

The cores weigh the same (give or take a gram), the weight difference is all in the over-mold. so more weight = more weight in over-mold, so you should get slightly more gyro effect with heavier weights.

The cores weigh the same (give or take a gram), the weight difference is all in the over-mold. so more weight = more weight in over-mold, so you should get slightly more gyro effect with heavier weights.

Did we ever confirm this? I remember a discussion a while back, but I don't remember if there was a conclusion/official weigh-in.

Yeah, I remember someone piping in with that. So lets say this is true (isn't everything you read on the inter-web?) so a heavier weight with enough snap will go super straight with very little fade at the end. What will a 170g do? And what do you mean (onemilemore) when you said you could do more with it?

I'll definitely be getting one, however I think I might wait a week to see how most of them turn out. If I don't hear many reports of crazy fluke first runs, I'll grab one then.

Brad from MVP confirmed this, i asked him specifically. He said they cores all weigh the same give or take a gram, but 2 cores should never weigh more than 2g apart, there can be slight variance from run to run i would assume.. but any disc form the same run will have same weight cores.

I usually buy max weight, mid weight, and minimum weight, get a good variation that way ;)

Also i find the lime-green/yellow color to be the most consistent color. Im sure other colors are just as consistent, but i have always been lucky with this color.

Avoid White, i have had some noticeable inconsistency with it.. which sucks because i like white :( oh well.

Can you elaborate on this?

I've heard that white comes out super stable for the mold.

I have a white, 168 Amp that flies like a light Volt, and a first-run, white, 173 Shock that flies more stable than my orange, first-run Shock. But that's a relatively small sample size for me to conclude anything from my experience alone.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on this?

I buy and sell allot of MVP (moved about 30 MVP discs this month) and the whites seem to have different dome and plh sometimes, more often than other colors.. just the way their white plastic sets after its molded and cools.

Black is also different, I putt with black N Ions and have not noticed any problems with the putters however.

But overall every lime green/yellow neutron i compare is always exactly the same and consistent. Neutron and eclipse Orange is also a good one i have noticed. Especially the Eclipse Orange Axis are very popular than any other Axis, i have 3 in my bag at varying stages. Something about that orange eclipse is special.

Red sometimes have flatter domes.

just things i notice from handling many MVP discs :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember someone piping in with that. So lets say this is true (isn't everything you read on the inter-web?) so a heavier weight with enough snap will go super straight with very little fade at the end. What will a 170g do? And what do you mean (onemilemore) when you said you could do more with it?

I had an easier time getting the 170 up to speed to do its thing. I found it more workable on different lines, and I could throw it farther. I have found that, with MVP mids, the lower weights work for me. I just don't have the juice to get the overmold up to speed on anything above 175.