• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

Wow! Impressed already. I am really seeing at a few points where Mike was talking about it flipping up as if it was going to turn over but the GYRO locked it into the line and kept crusing. This baby look like it could eliminate several rocs from the cycle. So excited for the release.

For mold minimalists would you say this disc has enough stability to become the primary mid? I'm super intrigued by the profile of this disc, more so than any other release.

They hold anhyzers very well. I'm used to throwing an Axis for anhyzers so I still have to learn to account for the understability, but it glides great on an anhyzer.

The heavy one seems stable enough that you could go Vector / Tangent if you wanted, especislly if you had worn Vectors. I'm keeping all three in my bag for now and seeing how they work together.

Nice vid Mike!

How did it fly for your at the 50-75% power range. Looks very straight from the video.

Extremely straight, the profile feels great for FH ups and it goes perfectly straight easily at that power range.

Nice vid, Mike. Hardly any fade which is nice. Defintely replacing my Fuses.

Great video! Glad I pre-ordered through InfiniteDiscs! I don't have Mike Cs power or skill level, but those perfect hyzer flops and that huge anhyzer really intrigues me. I love hyzer-flips...such a pretty shot.

That flight kind of reminds me of a Summit except for the holding the hyzer part. Well, Mike C can probably keep a Summit hyzer better than I can, I gots too much OAT.

Nice vid Mike C., as usual.

I do wonder though, how excited people would get watching ME throw this disc :p

Mike C. makes it look so easy - there is a lesson there....

OAT

Im pretty new, been playing since jun of 2012.... I hear people reference OAT all the time and I have to F#$%ing clue what they are talking about...Can some one give me the short and skinny on OAT:confused:

Im pretty new, been playing since jun of 2012.... I hear people reference OAT all the time and I have to F#$%ing clue what they are talking about...Can some one give me the short and skinny on OAT:confused:

OAT stands for Off Axis Torque. Basically, throwing a disc with OAT means a dirty throw, opposite of a clean throw. The less OAT, the cleaner the throw although it's practically impossible to throw completely without OAT. A lot of OAT makes the disc wobble and fly like crap whereas less OAT will make a disc turn more if you roll your wrist over or turn less if you roll your wrist under.

As far as what exactly OAT is, I'll put it to you like this. It's like the disc golf equivalent of an unbalanced tire. You want to spin the disc along a central axis that runs through the middle of the flight plate, like a car's axle. Imparting a force that runs contrary to this axis is OAT.

Off axis torque. Mostly rolling your wrist at release so the power is being transferred in the unintended direction.

/\ Beat me to it, and much better explanation. :)

Tim S.

from the video the fade is actually much more strong than I would have expected. Good disc but doesn't looks like it will have a place in my bag. Thanks for the hard work MC!

I'm taking my Tangents out today...These things feel great. While the Axis and Vector are very reminiscent of several pre-existing mids, the Tangent is something unique.

Latest posts