• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

One of our store employees famously uses only a Champ Shark and QJLS and wrecks it. Its all in the head. Good putting stroke helps with mids

i have tried putts with axis before, they always chain out. I figured because it was larger diameter that it didnt sink into the chains as well.. my Ion just hits chains and half the time gets stuck inside the center of the chains because it slips right in.. i would never give up my Ion for the Tangent as far as putting duties.

Well to be honest I am not a fan of using premium plastic for any type of putting. My putts usually are center pole focused so premium doesn't stick. The tangent just seemed to take well to my putting style. I think the lower profile(and flat) helped me hold onto it better than the Ion or Anode. But putting is really all in the head. You can putt with anything if you believe in it

^True-- not sure about the tangents yet but for sure on premium plastic putters, if MVP didn't have an over-mold proton would be ridiculous to putt with... Although I have hit the pole (thanks to the lack of proper chains or odd angle) and had the over-mold bounce hard out of the basket(only freezing MN winters too).

The axis isn't under stable.

But im glad the Tangent isnt very understable, it will be great for power up throws. no turn and burn :)

If you have OAT issues (like me) the Axis is REALLY understable! Haha!

If you beat up an Axis, especially an Eclipse or Proton, they start to become pretty understable. Generally, they don't finish too much to the right of your release point (RHBH) but I've seen some that people have put some work into that are definetly understable. Sound slike the Tangent will be US right out of the gate, which I need.

question

I have asked but no one ever answers what OAT is ??? Iv been playing for about 8 months and Iv just started to understand the snap that ever one talks about... I used to throw my axis strait as an arrow and my drives were around 250... now my axis turns over and my drives are getting out to 310 to 350 on a perfect throw... I want to throw my axis strait as an arrow again but i cant seem to figure out what my old throw had to do with that ????

I have asked but no one ever answers what OAT is ??? Iv been playing for about 8 months and Iv just started to understand the snap that ever one talks about... I used to throw my axis strait as an arrow and my drives were around 250... now my axis turns over and my drives are getting out to 310 to 350 on a perfect throw... I want to throw my axis strait as an arrow again but i cant seem to figure out what my old throw had to do with that ????

Off axis (not the disc) torque.. basically you are not throwing level and rolling some part of your body over causing a disc to act more understable than it should, often wobbling and turing right (or left for LHBH) more than normal. PM me for more info and links to threads which can help.

If you go back and find one of the vids MikeC has posted in this (or any other MVP thread really), he has a very informative video that he posted explaining all about OAT and even showing video footage of it vs a good, clean throw. You can find it through his Youtube profile. I think it was one of the earlier videos he posted on there.

Does anyone know there are plans for the Tangent to come out in Eclipse? I'd read that they were focusing on new molds before moving on to Proton and Eclipse for their drivers, but I didn't know if that applied to the Tangent as well.

I think it likely does apply to tangent as well, but I have not seen any official word in mvp threads or facebook

If you go back and find one of the vids MikeC has posted in this (or any other MVP thread really), he has a very informative video that he posted explaining all about OAT and even showing video footage of it vs a good, clean throw. You can find it through his Youtube profile. I think it was one of the earlier videos he posted on there.

Im thinking they might just DO all discs in Neutron and then ONLY do proton in Eclipse plastic, and eliminate normal proton all together. THis would be the smartest choice seeing as normal proton is pointless. it doesn't have as good grip/feel. And why not just make proton exclusively with eclipse, it looks better and for me eclipse discs are just MONEY especially the axis and doubles as a glow disc for night time.

Neutron and Eclipse Proton is all i carry in my bag anyways.

Personally I agree wholeheartedly, but the regular Proton discs are the cheapest option and I don't think it would be good to eliminate that.

I thought the neutron was supposed to be the same price when it first came out. Did they find that they could charge more for it now?

I thought the neutron was supposed to be the same price when it first came out. Did they find that they could charge more for it now?

I'm pretty sure it's always been a dollar more that proton. I know it costs MVP more than P.

Latest posts