• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko LoCastro intimidating a PDGA official at European Open '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the attitude of your local authorities. There are some that won't bother answering a call about a fist fight. Some will just write a ticket to show up for court with no jail visit. Some will just process you through the system, and let you go quickly on a low bail. With the cancel culture and defund the police movements, an assault is even less priority.

I lived many years in an area where you'd get a voicemail when you call the local sheriff's office. That's why everyone has so many guns. Just trying to give you all a different viewpoint.

So you're saying that right wing bs has caused the police to stop doing their jobs?

If there was an actual physical assault (full on brawl) would a player be allowed to still play tournaments before that 3 to 4 week process?

In this circumstance they probably would have been arrested.

So I guess they could continue to play after/if they made bail.

Lets say you assaulted another player on hole 18, for example, and were arrested after the round. You post bail within a few hours and are ready and waiting for round 3 the next morning.
TD can disqualify you, but if he doesn't are there any player safety rules to address this?

Lets say you assaulted another player on hole 18, for example, and were arrested after the round. You post bail within a few hours and are ready and waiting for round 3 the next morning.
TD can disqualify you, but if he doesn't are there any player safety rules to address this?

The TD should have DQ'd that player immediately after the assault. The DQ is for the tournament not the round, so the player wouldn't be able to come back for a later round.

Besides escalating it to the PDGA (reporting that the TD didn't take action), there's nothing else that can be done within the tournament. It's possible the victim could get a restraining order, but that takes time.

Seems reasonable that a TD or the Executive Director or the BOD could ban a player if they posed a safety concern but the rule doesn't have that exception. IMO that is a shortcoming.

This is where I was going with my question. Chances are slim, but with the growing popularity of the sport it's not impossible.

And then there are the Bill's fans love of Tom Brady.

I haven't figured out yet how to imbed a photo, but I tried to post the infamous pic of the Brady Dildo.

To add photos, you have two choices.

1. before clicking reply, choose Go Advanced.
or
2. once you are in the reply window, there are the Additional Options towards the bottom. One is attach files.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but it seems both are much more important to right wing media as a tool to engage viewers/voters than they are a policy priority for dems with actual power.

My point is that (if) the cops are adjusting their priorities based on either, it's more due to the way the issues are hyped by right wing media than by real world concerns.

Really don't feel like looking this one up, but if you're suspended by the pdga I'm assuming you are not allowed to caddy for any event? Are you allowed to spectate?

it seems both are much more important to right wing media as a tool to engage viewers/voters than they are a policy priority for dems with actual power.

So the richest people on the planet want fully funded police despite pretending to be progressives so they can swindle high EQ but desperately low IQ voters? SHOCKING! :eek:

I know we are in a new outrage-based "cancel culture" phase of driving business decisions in an attempt to avoid backlash, but in my old-fashioned right and wrong values Gateway continuing to support Nikko LoCastro is a no-brainer non-story. He's family. That's fundamentally different from the LoCastro/Clash relationship. I'd be more disappointed in Gateway if they didn't continue to support him. I'm sure there is Internet outrage over the decision, but IMO Gateway is just doing the right thing here. They haven't excused what he did and they are not defending his actions, but they are going to support the person because the person is family.

It's like what Springsteen sang; "Man turns his back on his family, well he just ain't no good".

You can probably dig up enough posts on DGCR of me complaining about Gateway to create a two-hour monologue, but to me they are doing what they need to be doing here.

they are enablers. without this unwavering support, maybe Nikko would have been forced to confront this earlier.

He hasn't been issued any official time-out. He can play right now. I guess he's still on his personally-imposed break.

I would like to watch a casual round Gannon v Nikko. Hanging off the first basket: two stopwatches.
:popcorn:

And the official from the EO with his phone.

He hasn't been issued any official time-out. He can play right now. I guess he's still on his personally-imposed break.

I would like to watch a casual round Gannon v Nikko. Hanging off the first basket: two stopwatches.
:popcorn:

Y'all will still be debating BGC when he does return from his hiatus.

Enjoy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts