• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

no aces after 4 years of playing

All Aces are good shots, because if it's a bad shot with good results it's still a good shot. I mean a bad shot with good results is better then a good shot with bad results.

I mean every ace that has ever happened is the best shot that hole has ever seen.

I guess I tend to use "smart shot" and "good shot" synonymously. An ace is not always a smart shot, especially if the consequences of missing are dire. However, if you attempt the shot with the intention of ace or die, then it can also be a good shot.

But we rarely step onto the tee intending to hit chains in one. Usually we're playing for birdies. So an ace run on a bad line, to me, is a bad shot regardless of the actual result.

many people suffer from ace envy. Be patient and they will come.

Consider this. I have always had a good reputation as a good putter and don't care if my disc misses the basket and skips past. I have been playing for 21 years and I have 153 aces. Easily 40 of them in tournaments. The majority of my aces have been skip aces. My current rating is 981, i'm nearing my 100th PDGA win, i'm almost 51 years old and my favorite color is purple. Be agressive and confident on every reachable shot. Don't be afraid and never believe that an ace is a bad shot.

what does the color purple have to do with this. LOL :D

I have a sweet purple Ti Nuke. I have never thrown it into the basket.

because you are throwing a bad shot rather than a bad shot with good results. :hfive:

I have been playing the sport for about 4 years now and I am actually good to a point I can birdy every hole at my home course and I can do the same at the other courses around me but the problem is im aceless and I wwant to get my first ace now my friends took forever to get theirs but once they got the first they kept coming. what should I do to get that first ace? ive chained out on every hole at my home course in Jackson Wisconsin and chained out two holes in a row in a tournament last season just they never stay in!:thmbdown:

Ive been playing a little over 5 years and I have about 30 if that helps any.

many people suffer from ace envy. Be patient and they will come.

Consider this. I have always had a good reputation as a good putter and don't care if my disc misses the basket and skips past. I have been playing for 21 years and I have 153 aces. Easily 40 of them in tournaments. The majority of my aces have been skip aces. My current rating is 981, i'm nearing my 100th PDGA win, i'm almost 51 years old and my favorite color is purple. Be agressive and confident on every reachable shot. Don't be afraid and never believe that an ace is a bad shot.

Yould be 991 playing for birdie and not blowing by baskets :gross:

OP - it took me a good 6 years to get one, then had 4 in two weeks. Keep throwing!

I have been playing the sport for about 4 years now and I am actually good to a point I can birdy every hole at my home course and I can do the same at the other courses around me but the problem is im aceless and I wwant to get my first ace now my friends took forever to get theirs but once they got the first they kept coming. what should I do to get that first ace? ive chained out on every hole at my home course in Jackson Wisconsin and chained out two holes in a row in a tournament last season just they never stay in!:thmbdown:

Just offering some support. I've been playing about 5 years and just hit my first ace in December. Truth be told I threw the line a little inside of intended target (downhill 330' firebird skip) and it probably would have flared to 20-25' past the basket. What I'm getting at is, I didn't intend to ace, I just wanted to get a birdie after missing a birdie putt on the previous hole. Just keep throwing pure it will happen!

IMHO, you should not do anything to 'get' that first ace. Keep throwing for birdies like you are and take down some tournaments! I have the mentality that I'll take consistent birdie looks all day over ace runs that leave bad lies.

Its been almost 6 years and still no ace for me, wtf! I have hit every part of the basket but never gotten a single ace....It will come dont worry.

Remember why you play disc golf in the first place and don't let lack of aces frustrate you. Easier said than done, yes, but ask yourself this: What are you going to do when you do finally hit that ace? Quit? Doubt it. You'll keep playing and trying for another one to recapture the vision of the disc flying perfectly towards its target and the feeling you felt when you heard the chains bang and watched the disc fall into the basket.

Ace frustration is natural, but getting one isn't going to make you a better player and once you get one you'll only want more anyway. So just keep on keepin' on, brother.....it'll happen. :thmbup:

having a ton of ace is exciting..but doesnt mean your great. i have over 10 aces. how many have been over 250? only my first one.

recently played a easy course. was shooting horrible all day. even with an ace that round i was still +1 or +2. id rather shot -9 with no ace.

There are plenty of holes where going for the ace isn't a bad idea. I have a tournament ace and it was on an uphill hole. If my mid didn't hit the basket then it would have been maybe 10' passed. I threw the disc exactly where I intended, the basket. One other ace I have was with a putter thrown with hyzer and if it missed it wouldn't have been very far away either, probably less than 10' as well. I've witnessed 2 aces this year and one of those was a planned skip that if it didn't hit anything would have probably been inside of 20' of the basket. The other was a FH stall/hyzer that if it missed would have stuck right next to the basket.

So that is 4 aces that I have seen that were great shots rewarded with an ace. Guess how many aces I have witnessed (including mine)...5. The other was a wild FH that was thrown on a 320' hole that if the basket didn't get in the way the disc probably would have been miles past the basket. So you can't tell me all aces are luck or bad shots because 80% of the ones I have witnessed weren't.

My friend has been playing disc golf for 4 summers now, and he has 0 aces. Few chain-outs, one through chains, metal hits, near misses, but no ace yet. It feels kinda unfair that I've already got two aces, (short 170') even though I started in July 2013. One even bounced out of the bottom of the basket..

I'm approaching 4 years, and I only have tone pole aces. I'm still trying to get my first basket ace. Some people would argue that tone aces don't count but I think my 7 tone aces atleast count as one basket.

Latest posts