• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NoExcuses DiscGolf

I can understand hard times and slowdowns in business so maintaining a line of communication during this time is crucial. Don't let the dissatisfaction of one or two customers make you disappear, that's not fair to those who have been patient. Keep moving forward NEDG! Not having my bag is not keeping me from enjoying disc golf, I just know once I do get my custom bag I'll enjoy it more!

The issue is that Dave gave them a price for the numbers he had. Material,labor,embroidery ect.so.everything was priced correct.so when the embroidery guy bounced out Dave had no one to go to for the embroidery to get done. So in order for him to have it done by someone new it would be a minimum $50.per design and that is a 1/4 of the bag

Paul,

I have run a business before and I have paid for embroidery work when I ran that business. I paid a few dollars per design for multiple color embroidery. I think I paid about $50 in total to do several shirts and some larger pieces. Regardless, the only thing that Dave needs to pay for is materials and embroidery. There's no charge for labor. Dave is the labor. If a bag has more than $150 in material in it and there's no room to pay for embroidery with the remaining $50, then Dave is doing it wrong. I'm sure his bags are great, but his business accumen is sorely lacking. I am willing to be patient, but Dave might want to reconsider the name of his company, as all I have had is excuse after excuse.

bug

When NEDG agreed to do the bag with the embroidery for $200, they entered a contract with theans that Ne customer. That means that NEDG has 2 options - refund the $200 or eat the cost of embroidery and deliver the bag as described in the contract.

Even though compensation was offered by sending another bag along with the users bag sans embroidery, the buyer has the right of refusal.

If the players stand by their sponsor, then maybe they should chip in and help with this cost.

I wish I would have been offered a free non-embroidered bag. He did offer to send me my bag without embroidering. I told him that if he thought the embroidery would be done in a couple days, that I would hold out, but if it would take longer than that, I asked that he return the bag without the embroidery. That was over a month ago and I am still waiting on embroidery. Don't give me the option and then not follow through. Lame.

Hey Bugless, how long have you been waiting for your bag? And the same question to anybody else waiting for a bag. I paid in full as well and 11 weeks for a bag is absolutely ridiculous when I was told 6-8 initially.

Also, how were you contacting him?

Welcome to what we went through with Gorilla Boy. Website said 4-6 weeks. I got mine 4 months later and even then it took numerous emails.

I wish I would have been offered a free non-embroidered bag. He did offer to send me my bag without embroidering. I told him that if he thought the embroidery would be done in a couple days, that I would hold out, but if it would take longer than that, I asked that he return the bag without the embroidery. That was over a month ago and I am still waiting on embroidery. Don't give me the option and then not follow through. Lame.

I discussed a "no embroidery" option with DGun too and I told him I could just have it done locally if he just wanted to finish the bag and send it out. He felt confident that he could do it so I gave him the OK. Yes we are waiting and yes we know his situation, but any news is good news. Please keep your customers in the loop, don't just hide please.

Yea bad customer service is the bane of small business. Good way to get a bad rap and lose customers.

Bugless your is also holding on embroidery and I wish I could say thats and easy thing to get done but again go to your local shop and ask to get your stuff priced

Paul,

My embroidery is done. I've seen the picture. The problem is he doesn't have the money to pay for the embroidery. It's being held hostage until Dave can pay. I paid my $200 dollars, so there should have been plenty of money to pay for it. Are you trying to tell me that I should expect for a business to take my money and then when they mismanage the money, I should go and price how much embroidery costs?

bug

Paul,

My embroidery is done. I've seen the picture. The problem is he doesn't have the money to pay for the embroidery. It's being held hostage until Dave can pay. I paid my $200 dollars, so there should have been plenty of money to pay for it. Are you trying to tell me that I should expect for a business to take my money and then when they mismanage the money, I should go and price how much embroidery costs?

bug

It seems that is what he's telling you. And IMO that's a really crappy way to run a business and keep customers. Seems like someone didn't think about how to run a business. I hope you guys can get your bags.

Just got back from the sporting goods store in town that also does embroidery, screen printing, and stuff of that sort. He said it should be no more than 15-20 bucks. I told him about this situation and he thought 50 bucks was "absurd".

It gets better. The embroidery work it is on hold for just has my name, bug, and my pdga number. 3 letters and 5 numbers. How does that cost $50? I have a picture from before my bag went in for the embroidery work and it had the large no excuses disc golf logo embroidered on it already, so it can't be on hold for the the cost of that embroidery work. That was done by a different shop according to Dave. I sympathize with Dave. Running a business is hard. I get that. I just don't want excuses for failing at the basics of running a business. It is especially disheartening when disc golfers I respect and admire - I'm looking at you, Paul and EMac - endorse a company that is so clearly mismanaged. My advice is to keep making great quality bags, but find someone else with more experience running a business to take the lead. I really hope the Dave gets his **** together, but right now I would not recommend to anyone that they buy a bag from No Excuses. I'm really hoping they can find a way to turn this around.

bug

It gets better. The embroidery work it is on hold for just has my name, bug, and my pdga number. 3 letters and 5 numbers. How does that cost $50? I have a picture from before my bag went in for the embroidery work and it had the large no excuses disc golf logo embroidered on it already, so it can't be on hold for the the cost of that embroidery work. That was done by a different shop according to Dave. I sympathize with Dave. Running a business is hard. I get that. I just don't want excuses for failing at the basics of running a business. It is especially disheartening when disc golfers I respect and admire - I'm looking at you, Paul and EMac - endorse a company that is so clearly mismanaged. My advice is to keep making great quality bags, but find someone else with more experience running a business to take the lead. I really hope the Dave gets his **** together, but right now I would not recommend to anyone that they buy a bag from No Excuses. I'm really hoping they can find a way to turn this around.

bug

You ran a business and the labor was free? Labor is the biggest expense in all service type of environments, and this is more of a service than a product as he is making the bag? If labor was free then what is the point of working. That would be charity/volunteering not a business. When I got my quote he told me it was going to be 50 dollar for embroidery, and was subcontracted out upfront. I also knew I could get it cheaper elsewhere but he told me upfront, so I knew I was going to pay 50 dollars for him handling it, etc. I guess I got sidetracked are you mad that the embroidery is too much or mad that you can't get the delivery of the bag.

Particularly sad is the fact that you're going to (hopefully) eventually get your bag, take it out to play, have people comment on how unique and cool it is, and then have to inevitably rehash this experience over and over until people stop asking.

While I completely support and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit and wanting to bring something unique to this game, I wish people could take a little more time, contain their excitement for their product, and insure that they have the capacity and capability to AT LEAST be prepared to offer good customer service. In this ever-increasing world of demand, customer service has to be paramount, right along side good business savvy.

Hope you get your bags soon guys...

You ran a business and the labor was free? Labor is the biggest expense in all service type of environments, and this is more of a service than a product as he is making the bag? If labor was free then what is the point of working. That would be charity/volunteering not a business. When I got my quote he told me it was going to be 50 dollar for embroidery, and was subcontracted out upfront. I also knew I could get it cheaper elsewhere but he told me upfront, so I knew I was going to pay 50 dollars for him handling it, etc. I guess I got sidetracked are you mad that the embroidery is too much or mad that you can't get the delivery of the bag.

I don't mean to imply that labor is free. I paid $200 dollars and was told this was the total for getting my bag made. He didn't break down where all the costs are. To me, the customer, it doesn't matter what percentage of my payment goes to what. What does matter is that the money I sent is used to pay for making my bag. What is the point of pre-paying if it just ends up being so mismanaged that the company can't pay embroidery costs for 3 letters and 5 numbers? Is my anger unjustified?

bug

I'm pretty sure he's pissed because he entered into an agreement with a business. His agreement was to pay $200 for his bag, as designed with embrodery. He paid his money up front. The business failed on their end of the agreement bu not being able to pay his embrodery subcontracter. Therefore Bug doesn't have his bag because the busisnessman failed at running his business.

Unless I'm seeing it wrong. But I'd be mad too if I had agreed on a price with a business to buy a prodct, paid for my product in advance in full on the agreed upon price, and was later told that my bag was held up because the business could not pay the sub contractor they hired for work on my product. Thus, leaving me with out my money, and the product I paid for. I would be pretty angry/annoyed also.

Here is a No Excuses Dg bag that I am looking to sell... The General lee. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• The General Lee.jpg
    The General Lee.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20111119202054.jpg
    20111119202054.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20111119202824.jpg
    20111119202824.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts