• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One simple way YOU can make this site great...

I always click the played, friends, following buttons on the main page and vote on every course I have played and anyone I'm following or friends with. That might be a premium member goody, not sure about that though. Sometimes when I'm bored I click on random reviews and give them thumbs up or down.

I'm glad someone bumped this today, because it saves me the time of searching for it myself.

*** MESSAGE TO ALL DGCR PARTONS ***

If you do what wadeG did here this evening, and put up 8 lazy, uninformative, crappy 3 line reviews all at once, I will vote every single one of them down.

This absolutely screws those of us who take the time, care and effort to take notes, compose our thoughts, and come up with unique takes on the courses we play. For many of us, it is also a significant investment just in gas alone, and often times buring a day off as well. Our review sits on the main page for only a short while so that all of the DGCR members can easily link to it, and we have the opportunity to get many votes quickly.

You who submit a bunch of useless garbage reviews knock off those of us who actually give a s#!t about the quality of this site's content. It is apparent by this behavior that you don't care one bit. Go buy yourself some class, and learn how to write, or GTFO.

You have been warned.

Yes, and then your brand new review that you spent an hour making gets bumped off of the front page in 10 minutes, and you get no thumbs. Thanks, wadeG; I actually reviewed a new course that is lacking reviews, but now, your dumb reviews get the exposure.

Yeah, Danger, I went to the next oldest set of reviews and thumbed all of them, including yours, since you got bent on your Main Page Time.

Nice review, btw. :thmbup:

I'm glad someone bumped this today, because it saves me the time of searching for it myself.

*** MESSAGE TO ALL DGCR PARTONS ***

If you do what wadeG did here this evening, and put up 8 lazy, uninformative, crappy 3 line reviews all at once, I will vote every single one of them down.

This absolutely screws those of us who take the time, care and effort to take notes, compose our thoughts, and come up with unique takes on the courses we play. For many of us, it is also a significant investment just in gas alone, and often times buring a day off as well. Our review sits on the main page for only a short while so that all of the DGCR members can easily link to it, and we have the opportunity to get many votes quickly.

You who submit a bunch of useless garbage reviews knock off those of us who actually give a s#!t about the quality of this site's content. It is apparent by this behavior that you don't care one bit. Go buy yourself some class, and learn how to write, or GTFO.

You have been warned.

OMG I love you man. UMMMMMMMMMMM THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously, I feel you. :hfive:

There really is nothing better than a good review (danger I checked your latest one out, all I can say is I'm now following :thmbup:) that's why we're all here originally right? I didn't even know what a forum was but had a few reviews up. I just think that even if I don't agree with you if you take the time to write out something thoughtful it gives people a chance to make an informed decision.

OMG I love you man. UMMMMMMMMMMM THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously, I feel you. :hfive:

Bizz, I cannot verbalize how much this pisses me off.

And when I say all of them, I mean it. Your 3-line review of the course could be the most spot-on transcendent haiku ever penned, but if you are so inconsiderate to post all that at once, :thmbdown: upside your face!

Step2.gif

My reviews lately have been lackluster,i'm going to be taking a new approach in my future ones,so be on the look out :)!

I once put up a bunch of reviews all in row and I bumped Danger off the page. Even though my reviews are well written (IMO, lol) I felt bad about it. Danger rocks! Hi Danger!!! ;)

It is starting to look like I just have incredibly bad timing with posting my reviews!!! lol
Anyway, I'm all about our weird little community here, and I'm all about it continuing to thrive and improve and be a better resource than ANY other disc golf site out there.

My reviews of the Charlotte courses a couple weeks ago weren't well recieved either. I also hated Nevin. We should not be afraid to state our opinion. The course is tight...that is fact. The course is not fun...that is opinion. And I would never thumb anyone elses review down just for loving it. That course has strong support.

I haven't played Nevin but I agree with your point. If you have a strong feeling about a course, adding a review is your opportunity to express that opinion. It's unfair imo to thumb down any other review that may be well written but doesn't reflect your opinion. If the review is inaccurate or incomplete fine, but don't use your thumb to essentially add another vote supporting your opinion that you already expressed in your review.

There appeared to be an example of this on East Roswell. I added a review that generally coincided with most of the previous reviews (all around 4 discs), nice course but very tight, requiring a lot of shot-shaping. A guy comes along that finds it too tight for his tastes (understandable) and lowballs it. Immediately after that, every review prior to his where the reviewer liked the course had a new thumb down. It's complete speculation on my part that these events were related but if they were that's wrong.

Someone lowballed by home home course saying it was "a bunch of tree hacks" and had lots of poison ivy. While I didn't agree with his choice of words or his rating I left it alone, the course is pretty tight in places and does have alot of PI.

If this thread starts to turn into blatant vote begging, especially for your own reviews, it'll get locked down.

Gosh Mashnut, this thread has been bumped at least a dozen times by many different people after they have submitted reviews since I started it 7 months ago.

I have seen (as have many others) that participation of the members (thumbing) increases as this thread has increased visibility.

I hardly think that a gentle reminder to actively give review feedback for those patrolling the forums qualifies as "begging for thumbs." Especially considering that begging for thumbs usually only nets you negative votes. Timing your bump of this thread for when your review is on the main page is hardly a crime.

But you are the moderator, I guess.

LOL. I never really checked mine, but apparently the Disc Golf Nerds don't like what I have to say about the courses I play. I think there might need to be an announcement on the front page

*Warning* - Unless you are a moderator, constant marketplace seller, or fanboy of said people, you must write an essay on the course for it to be considered worthy of this website.

Seriously. After looking mine over, I'm getting thumbs down, then scrolling down to see someone write the exact thing I did except with more useless information, and they have 3/3 thumbs up. How about one way YOU can make the website better, don't think so much of yourselves.

...Assuming you've played the course that person has reviewed

Not this at all! This is more along the lines of what some people do, which is more like whether they AGREE with the review or not. A review is meant to be read by absolutely anyone, and IMO someone who has NOT played the course and is trying to decide whether or not to play.

Not this at all! This is more along the lines of what some people do, which is more like whether they AGREE with the review or not. A review is meant to be read by absolutely anyone, and IMO someone who has NOT played the course and is trying to decide whether or not to play.

this is what i do. although i am a course bagger so even if there is a low rating i will play it unless it says bring your gun.

LOL. I never really checked mine, but apparently the Disc Golf Nerds don't like what I have to say about the courses I play. I think there might need to be an announcement on the front page

*Warning* - Unless you are a moderator, constant marketplace seller, or fanboy of said people, you must write an essay on the course for it to be considered worthy of this website.

Seriously. After looking mine over, I'm getting thumbs down, then scrolling down to see someone write the exact thing I did except with more useless information, and they have 3/3 thumbs up. How about one way YOU can make the website better, don't think so much of yourselves.

I just looked at 4 of your recent reviews. Honestly, they're not that good. It's not that they're too short, it's that they're pretty vague and generally filled with subjective generalities. For example, as a con you listed "tough for beginners." Why is it tough for beginners? Length, trees, navigation, elevation, mandos, OB, etc. Most disc golf courses are tough for beginners b/c they're beginners.

Short reviews are fine but they've got to contribute something really new to the knowledge of the course rather than repeat what the other 15 reviews have said already.

I just looked at 4 of your recent reviews. Honestly, they're not that good. It's not that they're too short, it's that they're pretty vague and generally filled with subjective generalities. For example, as a con you listed "tough for beginners." Why is it tough for beginners? Length, trees, navigation, elevation, mandos, OB, etc. Most disc golf courses are tough for beginners b/c they're beginners.

Short reviews are fine but they've got to contribute something really new to the knowledge of the course rather than repeat what the other 15 reviews have said already.

I disagree. what do people have to add to courses that have 100 reviews that hasnt been said already? i like to write my reviews like i am the only that has reviewed said course