• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One simple way YOU can make this site great...

I thumbed (up or down, mostly up) all the courses on the home page today. Bring back this thread. :)

Cool, I wish more people would do this. It seems like most of the time I am the first or second one to thumb a review on the home page. It really doesn't take that long.

I'm starting to get the same amount of satisfaction from either giving a :thmbup: or a :thmbdown: these days. It gives a sense of power. :p

I'm starting to get the same amount of satisfaction from either giving a :thmbup: or a :thmbdown: these days. It gives a sense of power. :p

It is empowering to let reviewers know they did a good job, or that they need to step it up.

We are quality control. Every one of us.

I just wanted to give this a bump, as I went through and read/rated a bunch of new reviews.

thumbs up or down i dont care.

but i want to know if i'm getting thumbs down for spelling/punctuation or if people just really dont like me or my opinions :D

37 up / 26 down.

should thumbs go away after reviews are updated?

Last edited:
but i want to know if i'm getting thumbs down for spelling/punctuation or if people just really dont like me or my opinions :D

Eliminate spelling and punctuation errors, and you will have the answer.

it seems like people are sending me messages if they like my reviews lately. Thats really nice! I should start doing that when I read a good one!

I was a little hesitant about doing it, thinking someone might get pissed about unsolicited advice and thumb my reviews down. However, everyone I have PMed about their review has been gracious, and when they went in to edit their review, the results were pretty fantastic.

That said, I wont PM a 3 line review. I will just thumb it down. If there is decent content that is difficult to read/understand, I will notify.

It is a good feeling knowing you have acted like a DGCR patron should.

it seems like people are sending me messages if they like my reviews lately. Thats really nice! I should start doing that when I read a good one!

i've been sending pm's to people for a long time now when i read a very well thought out review. (maybe even you at some point, dunno lol)

i waited to review a lot of the courses i played until i found my own style that relects the better reviews i've read.

I would love to get a PM telling me what people like/dislike about my reviews, rather than a drive by thumbs down. Sometimes it feels like the thumbs down is solely because someone's home course wasn't reviewed the way they feel it should, rather than a deserved thumbs down. I'd like to know how to improve my reviews if you didn't like one of mine.

Not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn't want to go thorugh the entire 22 page thread), but it would be cool if each course had it's own forum...or at least thread for discussion.

I too try to periodically send pm's to people letting them know they did a nice job, especially newer members on this site. I think positive reinforcement promotes better members. I also like looking at reviewers I may not normally look at to see where they are from, what they have played, and to help give them another unique vote. :thmbup:

it would be cool if each course had it's own forum...or at least thread for discussion.

I have thought this would be cool also. Even if it was like the visitor message boards for our personal profiles, it would allow us to post upcoming times we are planning to play, as well as last minute info for leagues and such.

Unfortunately, i'm sure it would degenerate to the equivalent of bathroom graffiti. I'd like to see it tried anyway.

Since everyone else bumps this thread when they write a review, I figured I would too.

It's always nice to find a course close to you that has no reviews, pictures, or hole values. Bam-bam-bam, you can flesh out a course all by yourself! :hfive:

Heck I'm in, I just wanted to bump this one back up as I feel it's worthy, every time I log on via the front page I go through at least two or three of the reviews, on the front end, and also go all thumbs up or down for any reviews on that first page (minimum) for the course. I think more people need to do this across the board. And no I am not bumping because I have one up just because I think this is one of the most important features of this site, good quality reviews, that make choosing a course in a new place easier.

This weekend I went and played and had two choices for local course, a non disc golfing local recommended one to me, I checked on-line the other one was higher ranked so I went there. Mistake, but since there were only a few poor reviews for each I was given bad info. Support the purpose of the site people!

This is a great idea, and I'd like to add one more nuance to it. I'd also like to encourage everyone to continue to vote for those you follow. I just want to make sure that newer members know how to easily find the new reviews for those you follow.

Just follow these steps:
-Login to DGCR main. Go to "My Dashboard" | Dashboard Home | "Following" tab | then "Recent Reviews from these Reviewers" link. This takes you to all newly written reviews by those you follow. It's the fastest way to check what's new.

I do this almost every time I log in to DGCR main.

You can also use the RSS feed. I included it on my iGoogle homepage so it shows a little box with all of the latest reviews listed. I see it every time I start my browser.

I haven't been good about rating all reviews, but I do try to look at any that pop up from courses I've played.

Latest posts