• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One simple way YOU can make this site great...

I disagree. what do people have to add to courses that have 100 reviews that hasnt been said already? i like to write my reviews like i am the only that has reviewed said course

You discredit the power of language.

I'll use one of Donovan's reviews for example. In a review he states "There are tons of older trees here making this setting rather tranquil. For the hottest part of the day this is the course you want to be playing. The heavily wooded and shaded hopes can knock the temperature down quite a few degrees."

and "You have to love that this course has a stone monument with some tournament winners and years listed on it. The fact that there are 3 courses in this one park makes for a great outing."

This is two perfect examples of things that are new and therefore helpful and hasn't been repeated ad nauseum. Lots of reviews mention the course being wooded or having trees but Donovan doesn't just spit out factoids, he paints a picture and gives the reader a better idea of the course.

LOL. I never really checked mine, but apparently the Disc Golf Nerds don't like what I have to say about the courses I play. I think there might need to be an announcement on the front page

*Warning* - Unless you are a moderator, constant marketplace seller, or fanboy of said people, you must write an essay on the course for it to be considered worthy of this website.

Seriously. After looking mine over, I'm getting thumbs down, then scrolling down to see someone write the exact thing I did except with more useless information, and they have 3/3 thumbs up. How about one way YOU can make the website better, don't think so much of yourselves.

I personally feel like i vote often and I find that length has nothing to do with my review what so ever, and I vote for courses that I have not seen or played. There is one simple thing that I look for when I am voting for reviews. That is do I want to go play it, has this review shaped my opinion of the course. This doesn't extend to just good courses either, I like the thought of checking out an awful course, haven't hit too many but it's kind of like renting an awful movie, it can be fun, so a very descriptive negative review will get me intrigued by the course also. I'd also like to add that the more reviewed courses the newer reviews are helpful because that is going to be a more recent opinion on a course. If you check out a course due to a review from 2009 it could be completely different. One of my home courses has had 3 redesigns since the beginning of the year, and it was an established course, so new reviews are helpful. Also I think it's important when voting on a home course to be subjective. If the information is true give it a :thmbup: even if you don't like what it has to say. That way a visitor to the area is not going to be guided to a course that other's don't consider their home course or whatever.

</rant>

I reviewed 8 courses in 2010 and got a total of 11 votes. 3 or 4 reviews with no votes.

Donovan Rules

If you've never checked out any of Donovan's reviews I highly encourage you to do so. You're in for some real entertainment! That dude can review!

People should use the search bar, and stop making threads about a disc in one plastic, and the same disc in a different plastic.

Just a thought. And something more helpful than finding reviews helpful....

I feel that this needs to be revived.

There are a few great reviews, especially on the main page that only have 1-2 thumbs.

Lately I have been trying to make it a point to thumb up/down reviews every morning when I first get online and check it right before I log off in the evening.

Since this is a site based on reviews, lets kick up the amount of thumbs!

My review of Evergreen Open Space in Santa Barbara CA is my first to garner zero thumbs. I even have reviews in the middle of Wyoming that got thumbs. I have to admit that it has slowed my desire to finish reviewing my trip up north. Well, that and I mean, what the hell do you add to DeLaveaga that isn't already there.

This needs to be bumped up. A bunch of great reviews with 1-2 thumbs total on the main page.

Tis sad it is.

Ok, so I read this today. Maybe you guys can help me out. Link to the main page? I found my home course and left thumbs up or down on all the reviews, but I can't seem to find this main page you speak of? I would be happy to leave feedback for some reviews.

I'm not going to take the time to read this whole thing but if everyone takes pics of local courses that otherwise don't have any on here and post them,that would be great. Personally I love to make a quick walk through video to show what the pics don't. My .02

Ok, so I read this today. Maybe you guys can help me out. Link to the main page? I found my home course and left thumbs up or down on all the reviews, but I can't seem to find this main page you speak of? I would be happy to leave feedback for some reviews.

On the home page of this site there's a list of the most recent reviews at the top right.

if everyone takes pics of local courses that otherwise don't have any on here and post them,that would be great. Personally I love to make a quick walk through video to show what the pics don't. My .02

Agreed.

I also would like to add that just because a course already has pictures, it doesn't mean you can't submit more. Sometimes the pictures posted are very low quality. Some courses only have pics from the fall after the leaves have fallen. Some courses are groomed for winter play and have only pics from summer. You can fill in these gaps during your frequent rounds very easily.

If we all take care of our home/local courses in this way, our site's content will drastically improve.

I'm not going to take the time to read this whole thing

You should. :p

@ the op, i will not likely do this, but good effort

If you work to improve this site's content, it will draw more people to it, and you will have more people looking at your FSOT threads. Just saying.

Agreed.

I also would like to add that just because a course already has pictures, it doesn't mean you can't submit more. Sometimes the pictures posted are very low quality. Some courses only have pics from the fall after the leaves have fallen. Some courses are groomed for winter play and have only pics from summer. You can fill in these gaps during your frequent rounds very easily.

If we all take care of our home/local courses in this way, our site's content will drastically improve.

You should. :p

If you work to improve this site's content, it will draw more people to it, and you will have more people looking at your FSOT threads. Just saying.

OK, I'll read this thing later.

After spending a little over $100 in gas, I just got back from playing four courses in Germany that didn't have pictures of reviews up. I fixed those problems! :)

I am bumping this thread as I think this is one of the best ones out here. Let's hope more people go out and vote and add pictures and updates to the site.

I wanted to update the current conditions at my local course but can't figure out how to change it. I can see the history of changes made but can't find a way to add mine.

Anyway, thanks for the bump. I promise to do what I can to help make this site great.

Latest posts