• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phone Number on Disc

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey Kiddos,

Today was the second time this year I found a disc with just a PDGA # on it. Both times I had to do plenty of digging to find out who and where they were from, try to find them on Facebook, try and send a message to them..ultimately, pain in the arse for trying to be a good guy.

Oddly, today's disc is from Nick Gill out of Wyoming, MI #33838 (yes, more than 1 Nick Gill in Michigan) and if it's the one I think it is on Facebook, he has blocked messaging. So if you know him, tell him I have a nice new Destroyer with his name on it.

Soooooooo in short...add your phone # too please. Us nice guys that find lost discs and want to return them shouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes.

t

I don't even bother anymore and just leave them on the bench at tee 1 and call it good. I carried one guys disc around for 2 months trying to find someone who knew him because all he had on the disc was his name, no phone number.

Yeah, I have to admit, as much as I try to get people's discs back to them, I have given up on the no number ones. If there is no contact number (or other useful info) and I don't know the person, I find someone who can use the disc and just give it to them.

I finally ran into one of the "good guys" about a month ago. He called me about the Ibex I'd lost a couple days before, and I drove back to the course to get it.

I've currently been holding a disc for a month, had the wrong name number, dudes friend gives me his, gets all excited through text, I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks.

Yeah, I have to admit, as much as I try to get people's discs back to them, I have given up on the no number ones. If there is no contact number (or other useful info) and I don't know the person, I find someone who can use the disc and just give it to them.

Indeed.

I have a very nice first run Gstar PD that is collecting dust in my place for more than half a year now. Started throwing it lately. It did not have ANYTHING written on it.

I really always try to find the people who own discs I find. But some just can't be helped.

This falls under the premise of, "Help me, help you."

a8fd16aa9100055365ff4c9574957bce9ea8bb88203de2f644d68282c4a999f1.jpg

I'm losing faith in the Charlotte area players, or general disc golf course clientele. I've lost 3 since I've moved here and haven't heard from them since.

North Florida, where I moved from, was great about returning discs. I can only think of one disc that I've lost there and not been contacted about

I'm losing faith in the Charlotte area players, or general disc golf course clientele. I've lost 3 since I've moved here and haven't heard from them since.

North Florida, where I moved from, was great about returning discs. I can only think of one disc that I've lost there and not been contacted about

My area seems to be the same. It's pretty annoying to go out of your way to return discs, yet never get a call about your own.

That is an easy one. If they can't take an extra 10 seconds to write a phone # then there is no reason for you to spend any extra time trying to track them down. And not writing contact info is basically the same as saying you don't want/expect the disc back.

Hey Kiddos,

Today was the second time this year I found a disc with just a PDGA # on it. Both times I had to do plenty of digging to find out who and where they were from, try to find them on Facebook, try and send a message to them..ultimately, pain in the arse for trying to be a good guy.

Oddly, today's disc is from Nick Gill out of Wyoming, MI #33838 (yes, more than 1 Nick Gill in Michigan) and if it's the one I think it is on Facebook, he has blocked messaging. So if you know him, tell him I have a nice new Destroyer with his name on it.

Soooooooo in short...add your phone # too please. Us nice guys that find lost discs and want to return them shouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes.

t

Oh, he dosent want his disc back, but only for you to check out his tourney ratings on pdga.com. Cheers

@ @IDiscGolf: Funny.
@kerplunk: True that but people like myself step into the other person's shoes and exhaust all possibilities before giving up.

The discs that I find are usually ones that I don't use and set them aside until and/or if they contact me. Out of 14 discs that I found, I only use one: a beat 170 Champion 12X TeeBird. And I only have 3, including the TeeBird.

Has it maybe occurred to some here that certain disc golfers mark their discs only to make them tourney legal, and don't think its worth the effort to arrange for lost ones getting returned? And don't want phone calls about a disc they lost a long time ago and have since replaced six times over?

Has it maybe occurred to some here that certain disc golfers mark their discs only to make them tourney legal, and don't think its worth the effort to arrange for lost ones getting returned? And don't want phone calls about a disc they lost a long time ago and have since replaced six times over?

Ahhh! That never occurred to me.
I'll keep that in mind next time I find one minimally marked.

Interesting point. In that case, the player could just jot down an "if found, please keep" on the back. Or not.

As for the Southern California returned lost disc yield, based on my experience, I'd guess that it's about 30%. That being said, I've had some cherished discs returned, so I have no complaints.

I even had an entire bag of 10 putters returned to me after I spaced out and left them at the practice basket at my local course. Bought that guy a 12 pack for his trouble, so it was win-win all way around.

I could see if it was a sharpie dot on the nipple, but the guy put his PDGA number on it, so obviously he wants it to be identified as his, but then didn't make contacting him easy.

I could see if it was a sharpie dot on the nipple, but the guy put his PDGA number on it, so obviously he wants it to be identified as his, but then didn't make contacting him easy.

Don't the discs have to be uniquely identified? Your PDGA number is going to be yours and only yours, so it makes identifying your disc pretty easy

No contact info on your means its mine! I have returned disk that were freshly lost,like the owner was on the nest hole. Most if not all DGer's have a cell phone. I call when I find the disk most of the time the loser is still at the course. No phone number no call and I am not a member of the DGPA so that number is useless to me.

No contact info on your means its mine! I have returned disk that were freshly lost,like the owner was on the nest hole. Most if not all DGer's have a cell phone. I call when I find the disk most of the time the loser is still at the course. No phone number no call and I am not a member of the DGPA so that number is useless to me.

DGPA? You don't care about your Diploma/Degree Grade Point Average?

Latest posts