• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning my 2014 tourney schedule

Toughest competition and the biggest, best courses.

I'm in the mood to travel and play some new courses too. Good excuse to head out for a weekend.

I'd also like to play at least one tournament in 2014 where the best in the world will also be playing, just to see how I stack up against them throwing the same course on the same day.

BHMO would be a good chance to do that since it regained its NT status again this year. And it's only like a two hour drive from the Canton area.

Carolina Clash info, if you're interested. April 26-27:

http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3032-2014-carolina-clash/#entry68406

This is a thread on club's (CDGC) for PDGA events for '14 currently on the table:

http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.co...4-charlotte-events-from-pdga-site/#entry68355

Carolina Clash Pro-Am B Charlotte, NC April 26-27 (updated), 2014

3rd Annual 21 Hole Salute Pro-Am B Charlotte, NC July 26 - 27, 2014
Get Reedy For Fall Pro-Am C Charlotte, NC September 20 - 21, 2014

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to qualify for the Maple Hill Open. You can sign up for the waitlist which usually opens at midnight on January 1. Typically, the first 30 or so on the list get in without having to qualify in any way. You just have to be willing to put the deposit, or the full entry, down months in advance, then be ready to pay the rest of the fee once you get in. Oh, and of course be willing to make plans to attend either without knowing for sure you're in or doing so possibly at the last minute, depending on how far ahead you need to make travel plans (i.e get time off work).

Also, for BG Ams, if you're a pro with a rating under 970, you can play. And since for the time being, you have no rating, there's nothing really stopping you from signing up if you want to play.

Also, for BG Ams, if you're a pro with a rating under 970, you can play. And since for the time being, you have no rating, there's nothing really stopping you from signing up if you want to play.

ooo thats right I forgot about that....Mike you should definitely play BG Ams then, I know alot of local pros that all wished they had gone to BG Ams or Am Worlds before turning Pro.

Not NT but Minnesota Majestic seems to get great reviews from players.

Courses are a good sampling of the area if you haven't played in MN.

It sounds like 2014 might be your breakout year! I noticed you just joined the PDGA as a Pro (congratulations)... What is your tournament experience?

What events do you think I should try to play in this year? When and where will they be?

For now I'm looking at OH, MI, PA, KY, SC and NC. Other states are a possibility but those are the states I'm most inclined to travel to.

come on down to BG AMs, then if you like organization and competition I run two Pro A-tiers:

Madisonville KY - May 17-18 - one nice course with 27 holes and tee times.
Morristown Tennessee - June 7-8 - three rounds on three different courses.

I to started as pro - - - - come on in the water is great!

For nc tourneys check out the azalea open and spike hyzer Sandhills tourney. Both should have several top level pros and from what I hear are great events. The spike hyzer one is on a actual golf course, always fun to ride golf carts and play super long holes... They have a promo video of last years event on youtube. Ken climo even showed up if memory serves.

Come check out the delaware disc gold challeng and play the toughest permanent course in the world! June 28-29 right before the maple hill open. It an a tier and many of the top pros will be attending

Michigan offers a few quality tournaments.

No Foolin' at Hudson Mills. Only a B-tier, but 24 holes on the monster longs in early April is always a challenge. They will draw around 25-30 pros, mostly local, but a few right around 1000 rated. The date is April 5th and there are no qualifications to participate. Registration is open on the disc golf scene.

CCR Open in Lansing, MI. The tourney will be played at the classic Grand Woods and the new Burchfield Park. A-tier that will draw the best in the region. Burchfield is a beast and more of the "new school" design. No restrictions to participate. It will fill early, however.

The Michigan state championships is the largest B-tier in the world. Almost 450 players last year. The courses are great and the atmosphere is fantastic. Not the challenge of an NT, but the final nine offers a chance to make some dough as it is a skins match. Plus it is worth the price of admission just for the fun. You do have to qualify for this event sort of. If you show up the friday before the event you can just play in the qualifier tournament and get in no problem.

If you are still an amateur, then duh, the AM Nats at the best course in the world....Tobaggan at Kensington. Perhaps not the challenge you are looking for in competitors. However, the course will challenge every aspect of your game. This is in early June and you do have to qualify. Use google. PS, they treat you like a king at this event.

You should come to eastern PA the first week of June. The inbounds Open (B-Tier) is on Saturday 6/7 at Jordan Creek (last year Brinster and Schwebby tied and had a three hole shootout) and the Tinicum Open (Pro C/Am B) is on Sunday 6/8. Back-to-back events with a solid field of players.

^^^^
This was a lot of fun last year

Of the Nocki classic aug 29-31 at nockamixon one of Pas best course and 2 weeks later the Yetter at Tyler state park is an a tier. Draws some good pro and would give you a chance to play a course in the top 10 and another of PAs best course

Latest posts