• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

A milestone I didnt expect to hit this year was winning a distance competition with a standstill 525' drive.

Coming on up I plan on getting my rating over the 950s, and have every intention on averaging in the 980+s for the rest of the few tournaments Ill be able to play this year.

One milestone for me this year was to finish under par total for consecutive rounds at the two Burns Park courses. I did that on March 17th with a final total of -1.

One of my 2011 goals was to birdie hole 5 at Burns Park-Blue Course-->Pic
I did that on Jan. 30th on video and again on May 15th during a tournament.

Another goal for the year is to birdie #4 on the same course-->Pic
I have come close, but haven't done it quite yet.

birdied a 560' hole during a tourney with a 530' line drive with a dx teebird. got a lot of kudos for that.

well since I got cut from my high school baseball team my friend got me into disc golf.. my goal has been to be accurate enough to not throw in the woods at all in oswego at eagle ridge.

One of my goals was to play in more tournaments this year, and I have already played in 2, and thats 2 more than I played in last year! I plan on playing in 2 more in the next 2 months.

Got my first ace today so I'm pretty pumped about that (see sig). Things I would like to achieve are:
-Shoot -10 at my home course. My best is -5, but I've been at -6 after 9 holes twice but collapsed. I've birdied every hold more than once at one time or another so I know I can do it.
-Win weekly random draw doubles
-Get that next ace

Got my first ace today so I'm pretty pumped about that (see sig). Things I would like to achieve are:
-Shoot -10 at my home course. My best is -5, but I've been at -6 after 9 holes twice but collapsed. I've birdied every hold more than once at one time or another so I know I can do it.
-Win weekly random draw doubles
-Get that next ace

Bryant? Nice shot, man! I aced that hole the Tuesday before doubles started.

Until last week, par on home course, but now i guess its going steady sub 58 rounds (par 55, only made 5 rounds under 60 so far and its usually when i go solo)

You've only been playing for 0.3 years and have already played 21 courses! You are averaging over 1 new course per week! Being where you are, I bet you can get to 52 by the time you hit your one year anniversary.

What can i say charlotte is awsome :hfive:

Looking for that 350....accurately not just a field throw.

After playing 4 years of most throws being sidearm, Drives avg distance around 320 feet.

I have developed a semi-consistant BH after a month of heavy practice and playing. Drives around 210 feet. Still have alot to work on.

1st post from beginner here. Thrilled there is such a comprehensive site/forum for DG!

I played about 5 rounds with borrowed discs in 1999 and finally got into DG yesterday 5/28/11 (I know, I know). Had an absolute blast on a hot, windy day but my late start left me playing in the dark for the last 4 holes. Shot 6 over on what seemed to be a fairly easy, short course with brand new discs. Ended with my only birdie, was a great way to end for me.

Had such a great time I'm going back tomorrow and Monday (earlier this time). I feel like I did pretty well considering I hadn't even thrown a disc in well over a decade. My drives are too short as I'm afraid to put much into them at this point and my putting needs work as well.

Picked my discs based off what I remember from my old friend's bag (remembered loving the "floppy" putter) and a bit of basic research I did beforehand. Any advice on that would be appreciated. I guess my goals at this point are 1) play at least twice per week 2) shoot par or better 3) improve! Eventually, I'd love to get into a competition/tourney of some kind.

Great forum, glad to be here!

Welcome to the site and the sport! My advice is to get a good mid, like a Discraft Buzzz, Join a league (playing with like minded individuals who want to help you get better) and study the helpfull threads on this site!

Mostly: Just have fun!

Latest posts