• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I am not a big fan of threads that say, "I did this."

Maybe part of this is because I never seem to think I have anything to share. So, instead of just making this another one of those (insert best hypocrite comment here ;) ), I am hoping this can be the thread where people can post all their disc golf milestones.

Milestone
My goal for the year was to get under my belt: 10 states played in, 100 different courses played total, and get 2 non-reviewed courses reviewed. Today, I hit my 9th state, my 100th different course and played 4 courses that have no reviews on them. So in the next few weeks I will be getting those reviews posted and in May should get my 10th state done.

OK, now that I wrote all that, it feels like a "who cares?" moment. :\ But I will leave it in, just to get the thread started.

I am not a big fan of threads that say, "I did this."

Maybe part of this is because I never seem to think I have anything to share. So, instead of just making this another one of those (insert best hypocrite comment here ;) ), I am hoping this can be the thread where people can post all their disc golf milestones.

Milestone
My goal for the year was to get under my belt: 10 states played in, 100 different courses played total, and get 2 non-reviewed courses reviewed. Today, I hit my 9th state, my 100th different course and played 4 courses that have no reviews on them. So in the next few weeks I will be getting those reviews posted and in May should get my 10th state done.

OK, now that I wrote all that, it feels like a "who cares?" moment. :\ But I will leave it in, just to get the thread started.

For me it will be to play 4 new courses per month. That is two 600 mile(round trip) road trips per month and playing 2 each trip. I have been waiting for some good weather so I can try out some Tenn courses. I will prob start in Memphis at Meeman Shelby State park, it looks like it fits my taste.:D

My milestones are pretty simple at this point:

Break the 25th and 50th course played milestone which will happen this summer.

Play a 100+ holes day.

Snag that first ace!

Congratulations on the 10 States! :clap:

To be at 10 states played has been my goal for this year as well. I'm currently at 8. It's difficult when you've played all the adjoining states! lol

I have humble goals of playing 4 sanctioned tournaments, and playing anytime I make it out of town.
My biggest goal, and it will be a huge milestone, is that I'm helping to design a new local course. Once that is done and installed, we can make more ground on a local club. My local Community contribution is going to be where I can accomplish the most this year.

Unfortunately because of a demanding work schedule Getting out of town is few and far between, which makes playing those tournaments equally as difficult.

maybe play a tourney some time?:\

highly unlikely.

most major milestones for me have been when golfers with game ask me for tips.;)

Last weekend: Equalled my FH distance BH for the first time.
Recently: Set up my first women's clinic and am working on another one
Soon: Will TD first tournament
Future: >900 rated round

I just want to improve. The 1st hole I ever played is 375' and the day I have a shot at parking that, is likely the day I start looking for other goals, like playing X ammount of new courses, but thats assuming that I will have an improved putting game before I can do that; which is probably more important than parking that hole.

My major Disc Golf Milestones are similar to Donovan... I've played 100+ courses in 10 states.

Next Milestone will be to become a Gold Level Trusted Reviewer. (I'm very close).

Next after that would be to build the first ever Nature Trail Disc Golf Course here in Asheville. (We already have the grant money... just need the city's approval... hopefully by the end of the year).
DSCJNKY

I have a few milestones that I'm close to achieving:
200 courses played (28 to go)
25 states played (6 to go)
Rating over 900 (9 points to go)

The day I shot my first 1000 rated round (estimated to be 1020, and even though the estimated SSA isn't quite right, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have fallen below 1000.)

The day I played hole 14 at Winthrop Gold (and got a 2 on it). Sadly, we had no time to play any other holes.

I don't really have any courses played milestones yet, because not having a car kills it.

A milestone that I've achieved is to help start a weekly double league. My other main milestone is to play 365 rounds this year. I'm at 86 right now.

I finally reached my personal goal of playing at least one disc golf course in every state when my friend Fleetwood and I flew from Canton, Ohio to Atlanta, Ga. ealier this year in February (we missed the BIG SNOWSORM weekend as our hometwon got 15" of the white ____, while down in Florida they we're experiencing colder than normal temperatures, which didn't stop us from having a great time). I called it FFF with my FF (meaning ---- - Finally Finding Florida with my Friend Fleetwood). We played 28 new DGc in 9 daze. Met some cool people along the way (Andy @ McCurry Park, Jeff @ Lawtey Links and Wendy @ the Clearwater Disc Golf store), met up with some ol' friends Jack White (Gainesville) and Ken Hill (Sarasota), got to play the "king's" home course, which I would highly recomend (Cliff Stephens Park in Clearwater, Fl.) and visited the IDGC in Appling, Ga. (which I also highly recomend visiting) we also visited Ronnie Van Zant's grave in Jacksonville, Fl. and Duane Allman/ Berry Oakley/ Elizabeth Reed graves in Macon, Ga. and the James Brown statue in downtown Augusta, Ga.

also in the New Year, I'd like to finish the hard laboring work (hopefully with more volenteers than we had last year) on the Portage Lake State Park DGC (www.pldga.com), which is just south of Akron, Ohio.

And if theyre's any time left in our short warmer month seasons, I'd like to play the remaining DGC's I haven't played in my home state of OHIO by years end, but that's always so hard to do when there's so many new one popping up everywhere (which is a good thang).

And since I got at least one different colored stick pin (my personal rating system) pinned in every state and at every DGc I've played, it's time to fill in the blanks with more trips throughout the US and Canada and ---------------------- - + wherever I may roam. May the course be with you all this year. ma lama pono (that's "take care" in Hawaiian) and God Bless.

Last edited:
Come in top ten of a PDGA sanctioned tourney. Shoot under at Chestnut Ridge Park and shoot under at Como Lake Park. Learn to solidly drive BH.

My major Disc Golf Milestones are similar to Donovan... I've played 100+ courses in 10 states.

Next Milestone will be to become a Gold Level Trusted Reviewer. (I'm very close).

Next after that would be to build the first ever Nature Trail Disc Golf Course here in Asheville. (We already have the grant money... just need the city's approval... hopefully by the end of the year).
DSCJNKY

How did you get Grant Money. I want some of that as i'm trying to design my second course.

Milestones
- Design and install an 18 basket course, gets the final nine basket hopefully next week, course has been playable for two years.
- Play 200 courses, a week ago with poor house farm in WV
- Play another country, trip in may to Seattle, Portland, and CANADA
- Play all courses in VA, almost so many times but they just keep adding new ones
- Play every course in a state, forget when but it was the end of last year I marked MD of the list, had CT as well but they have added two since june.

Future
- Design a 9 hole course in Dunn Loring VA
- Make silver reviewer
- Play 250, 300, 400, 500 courses, this is getting harder and harder to do.
- Continue to take photos for courses with none.

Got an eagle and started cashing in advanced tourneys.

Would like to: Get a win in advanced, grab a ace finally, get rating 960+

My milestones for the year are:
Designing and installing a 24 hole course in Woodsfield, Ohio
To come in the top 10 at BG ams and top 50 at Am Nationals (probably unreachable).
To reach 75 courses played.
Get a photo published in Discgolfer magazine.

My biggest milestone right now is to play a 900-rated round in a sanctioned tourney. I played an 899-rated round this weekend. SO CLOSE!!!

Next, I'd like to play my home course at par, even if it's a practice round.

After I accomplish these two, I'll reset for higher goals.

Okay, I had to think about my goals for 2010, what my objectives are, and where I am.

I want to be at 10 states played by the end of the year. I'm already at 8
I want to photograph 5 un-photographed courses. I'm already at 3
I would like to play at one of the Top courses: Still waiting
Try to get involved with the production of at least one of the new courses planned here in Myrtle Beach.

Completed for this year:
Played In the Quad Cities, Iowa
Reach the 300ft mark, consistently and deliberately. *Just within the last 2 weeks! :D

Latest posts