• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Reusable Card or Phone App

westflagator

Bogey Member
What do you use, Reusable score card or Phone app?

If you use phone app which app?

And if you use card did you make it or buy it and how do you like it?

I use the PDGA phone app. It's a lil pricy but it will track your location and give you courses that are within the area. you are able to track up to 8 people on one card and save all rounds. I use it everytime i play and even in a tournament to keep accurate scores

just wondering what others use. i am playing in my first tourny soon and wonder if i should start using the cards to get use to them. i usually use phone app to.

i use the cards for tourneys...i have discasaurus and some other app...i just find it to be a pain to have your phone out the whole time....

I use PDGA app. I'm usually keeping score for 4 people (we can never remember our own scores) plus skins usually. So an app/scorecard is needed.

I use the EasyScore app, and I really like it. Nothing flashy, it just keeps score well. I got a nice reusable card in a players pack but haven't used it yet.

I use easy score too. very nice app, and I like that I can post score online.

Not really into Disc Caddy. It works ok but I like when I can post score online and keep up a chart on how I am doing

Neither? Personally I go sweet and simple, got a golf stroke counter for $3-$5 awhile back. It's made to attach to a bag so it's perfect, no fumbling with pencils/paper or pulling out your phone just one click to record a stroke and another to record a putt.. There's digital ones too that have different features if thats up your alley, gonna run ya around $15. The phone apps are nice to have each hole scored individually and the ability to save rounds/link to internet.. But hey I'm an old soul and I like simplicity. The counters are worth your time to think about if your just looking to know a basic score each round and don't use Birdie Beads already. Hope this helps

**didn't see you were asking in regards to tourney rounds, disregard everything lol**

Last edited:
Every round I've ever played, if memory serves, I've recorded with pen and paper. Getting my iPod out for every hole seems more cumbersome, somehow, and my hands are often dirty when playing.

It would be nice to have them auto-uploaded though, for sure. As it stands I only upload some small fraction of my rounds.

Easy scorecard pro. Has the extra benefit of figuring handicaps so the wife can be competitive during a round when we play. Would try the pdga app but its iPhone only and I'm an android guy.

I use easy score card app
I also carry paper cards for our local course from dubs

If you have never used a card before, it would be good to practice before the tournament, so its not a distraction

Take score at the next tee (clear the hole for the next group), and make everyone call out their score.

Easy Scorecard Ap (Android) :thmbup:

If I am just playing a solo round I generally just keep score in my head. Mentally tag every hole a Par 3 and then just +/- it from there, makes it easy to keep score. After the round I usually enter it into my phone so I have the stats and scores saved.

Playing with friends, generally use the phone to keep score and make it simple. Keep it stashed in the top mesh pocket of my bag and update scores at the next tee pad. The phone is nice as you have your course average, various other stats, handicaps,etc... Also loaded up a bunch of courses and course info so I can easily access it to travel to different courses.

just wondering what others use. i am playing in my first tourny soon and wonder if i should start using the cards to get use to them. i usually use phone app to.

Generally, tournament play requires an official Scorecard be turned in at the end of every round, with the tally of everyone on that cards score. I have never played in a tournament where this wasn't the case.

That said, I think Easy Scorecard is best for Android, but for PDGA sanctioned tournaments you need to know how to score on a card, (since apps don't necessarily let you input this info) OB throws, provisional throws etc, since these can all determine the final rank of players in a tournament.

I use my own custom reusable scorecards. Small pencil in the bag and the card slides in and out of your back pocket real easy. They are laminated so they are waterproof and usually have a "shelf-life" of 25+ rounds per. Rainy day? Not a problem. Drop it, Not a problem. I also use it as the "backup" scorecard during tourneys for our group. Works well. I can put any custom design on it that you want. I have Darth Vader rockin' an Ipod on mine. Holla at me if you (or anybody else) decide to go this way, they're cheap as well........jerry

Latest posts