• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz, to end all wars

Coke vs Pepsi eh? both straight flying and hold the line you put on it. Like the comment on the flick for buzz is easier.

Keeping true to the original thread, ROCs - into the wind

Last edited:
SMYITH >> i dont know how to remove part of a quote but keep the rest yada yada but the cryZtal buzzz replaced your drone? could you elaborate on that for me? IMO its apples and oranges . . .

hit the quote button and delete whatever you dont want between the [Quote ] and [/quote ] and your good to go.

i used the drone mainly for powering a mid down a tight fairway were you need a really straight line or when i want the mid to hold a hyzer without flipping up flat at all. i also used it for light windy day headwinds and cross winds. the cryztal holds all the same lines except it has glide as well. it has a hard fade as well. i got two of them, both really flat and they throw identical. and so far into a light headwind the cryztal doesnt flip at all like my drone did (very little but enough to lose the line).
i use overstable fairway drivers or my rhynos when the wind really cranks up.

so you like roc(k)s... that give you a buzzz. nice.
First Run Coke ftw!
First Run Coke. (The kind with cocaine in it)

Production Pepsi.
haha too good =), ROCsi here.
I prefer Buzz cola.
anybody else use a stingray?

thanks for all the worthwhile comments. man what great additions to the topic at hand. i dont know what i would do if i wasnt so fortunate to waste part of my life on reading these amazingly intuitive comments. thank you so so much. :wall::doh::wall:

thanks for all the worthwhile comments. man what great additions to the topic at hand. i dont know what i would do if i wasnt so fortunate to waste part of my life on reading these amazingly intuitive comments. thank you so so much. :wall::doh::wall:

Sorry, cause I know that before our comments we were really getting to the heart of which disc was better....

sheesh, what a buzzz kill.

I am currently throwing a z buzzz (167) AND a DX (presumably rancho) roc (177) and i like both of them really. I feel the the heavier dx roc compliments the z buzzz really well. My z buzzz is on the understable side and somewhat worn in. It is a good flick, anny, straight shots with good fades, and roller disc. My roc is WAY more stable considering the weight of the disc. It is beat to hades and flies true and steady with no real fade. It flies straight, great forehand throws, thumbers, rollers, etc. The roc is more of a tee-off disc for me and the buzzz is more of my "go-to" mid range really. I am testing out the roc atm and it is really interesting.

Is this THE infamous roc vs buzz thread????? Wow! I can't believe I found it!

I've thrown the roc and buzz in various plastics and molds. I choose the dx rancho roc because it holds any line for me. The buzz always seems to fade back, no matter how much spin I put on it.

Also, I don't like bees or bee imagery, and I don't want to throw a disc with an image of a bee on it.

I like the Buzzz better only because I tried both and the Buzzz worked better for me and my style. There is no one disc that is going to be superior. It all comes down to what disc works better for you and your style.

Buzzz and San Marino overlap as S curvy discs, all other Rocs are a separate discussion if you ask me. I have been gravitating towards the San Marino because its DX plastic and gets to that broken in feel a little more than all the Z plastic Buzzz's I have. Sanny will hold an anny but Buzzz's seem a little farther for me if they are less than max weight so they don't fade like a brick after turning over ever so slightly.

Any hyzer throws, KC Roc. Straight straight throws, Mako. Laugh, but with its glide and no fade I can keep it straighter longer with a lower ceiling. Pure anhyzer shots at this distance I'm often using a beat up Eagle-X thrown low enough that it doesn't come back and sail past the basket. It's not ideal but no one is selling a Star Skeeter and my Rocs are mainly used for precision shots so they don't break in too fast.

Latest posts