• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat both Uli and Wysocki in a friendly doubles match last night. They both had pro-masters partners, and I had an advanced guy. Parked the 470' final hole for the win. It may have been casual, but I was quietly pretty stoked about it.

That's pretty badass hammer!

I threw good. Fixed something on the timing of my putts, canned a lot of 25-40' putts, and nailed a jump putt to deuce the first hole I threw an Amp on since adding it back in my bag. Had some forehand and backhand park jobs. Feel confident :)

Last edited:
I played in the snow and wind - shot 2 over on a course I usually throw under par; was trying out some different discs to see how they fared in the wind. Pain, okay, Roc, pretty solid. My Stag still can't seem to handle it.

Pretty good, made a lot of longer putts. Shot -7 with a near ace....the third time I've hit chains dead on with my 400s pa4 and ends up falling out. Anyone else hits chains with 400s plastic and not have it stick?

First afternoon round at my home course (Woodland Mound...I know...), I didn't warm up, just stretched a little, and hit the base of the pin off the tee :thmbup:. Worked my way around and banged the chains on hole nine :clap: (nope, it dropped out :doh:). Then my tee shot on ten missed the chains about three inches to the left! :p Basically had eight parked, drop in deuces that round, with two metal hits.

I let a couple 1030something locals beat me at league, but not by much and still cashed, felt very good about the round, just a few small mistakes, but much better than I've felt about my competitive dg lately.

I played in the snow and wind - shot 2 over on a course I usually throw under par; was trying out some different discs to see how they fared in the wind. Pain, okay, Roc, pretty solid. My Stag still can't seem to handle it.

If you've got snow and wind in SE Minnesota today, we're going to be getting it in SE Wisconsin tomorrow.

Glow disc tomorrow night should be...how you say?...Interesting?

Had a couple nice shots on the new disc golf game from Local Route Labs while at Glide in Madison tonight.

Seriously, the game is SUPER robust and will blow your mind once you play it.
:thmbup:

Pretty good, made a lot of longer putts. Shot -7 with a near ace....the third time I've hit chains dead on with my 400s pa4 and ends up falling out. Anyone else hits chains with 400s plastic and not have it stick?

that is exactly the reason why i stopped driving with premium plastic putters.

Took the afternoon off work to play 27 at Seneca, mostly from the longs. Tried out some new plastic - Star Tern, GL Rivers, and Neutron Resistor. I was hitting lines remarkably well for this time of year, and FH upshots were working well.

With the sun setting and park rangers waiting patiently in the parking lot, I hit a 30' putt to deuce 9A White (340') with the Star Tern. 'Twas a nice way to finish the round. I think the Mamba may be in danger . . .

Past 2 days I have been playing Lakewood Hills in WBL, MN? After I bundle up the course awaits. Glad to get the front nine done cuz the wind was pretty brutal. Once in the wooded back nine the course was great. I only played without keeping score. I just wanted to enjoy being outside and watching the disc fly. Is it me or does the disc fly further when the temps get colder? The only reason I ask is that they were flying beautifully. One of the best times out this year.

Past 2 days I have been playing Lakewood Hills in WBL, MN? After I bundle up the course awaits. Glad to get the front nine done cuz the wind was pretty brutal. Once in the wooded back nine the course was great. I only played without keeping score. I just wanted to enjoy being outside and watching the disc fly. Is it me or does the disc fly further when the temps get colder? The only reason I ask is that they were flying beautifully. One of the best times out this year.

I hope it doesn't make a difference. I've been making steady distance gains this fall and if it's all because of the temps I'll be so sad. XD. Love Lakewood hills, though. That wind can be truly brutal, like last Sunday when I was there.

2 rounds at the local course yesterday. One solo, shot -6. Found a guy's disc, so I ended up playing the second round with 5 guys. Beat em all...good times. Ended up getting home an hour later than I told the wife I would be...she wasn't pleased.

So, How Did You Play Today?

...like a putz. I played three rounds of practice at my local easy course. If I throw one bogie there, I'm a little disappointed. I threw five.

Maybe that means I'll have a good round for our league finale tomorrow? :(

Played a putter round in the cold, and was really surprised how much grip I was losing from normal playing conditions with a JK and Yeti. Also, the longer the round went and the more my hand adjusted to conditions the less grip I had. Comets threw well though.

Played a putter round in the cold, and was really surprised how much grip I was losing from normal playing conditions with a JK and Yeti. Also, the longer the round went and the more my hand adjusted to conditions the less grip I had. Comets threw well though.

Sucks, right? I cannot putt for crap in this stuff. Threw acorn and was probably like +6. I stopped counting after I bogeyed 2, 5 and 6. Just started throwing multiples for fun.

Did well the first round and had a 12 under.

2nd round not so much. had a 6 under and I kept questioning myself as to why I keep my Freaks in the bag. I'm gonna chalk it up to the cold,but on the other hand I kept saying man I wish I had my Saints and my Fury back in the bag.

I hate days like that.

I have a pair of choppers(wool) that fold back and expose the finger tips. Kinda like fingerless gloves but then you can fold the chopper part over the fingers. The only part of the hand that gets exposed all the time is the thumb. They work great for me. I think I found them at fleet farm or rei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts