• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So who is Eagle McMahon?

Just watched the GBO final round... looks like Eagle really struggled in the wind compared to the other guys. Is it not very windy where he is in Colorado?

It can get pretty windy here. Not as constantly as KS or OK but still windy none the less.

He actually has a pretty good wind game. You can look up this years Spring Fling (one of his bigger OPEN wins) and he really handled the wind quite well there. I think that top card/round 3 plus following up a very hot round (I know I tend to shoot my worst after shooting my best) got to him more than the wind.
Or a combo of feeling the need to show off after all the publicity he got (and he definitely noticed) and poor decision making got the better of him.

Just watched the GBO final round... looks like Eagle really struggled in the wind compared to the other guys. Is it not very windy where he is in Colorado?

It looked me more like nerves and trying too hard instead of just playing his shots. But I'm no expert.

He actually won the Spring Fling here in some pretty heavy wind against some good players. It just wasn't his strongest round. Still finished better than two guys rated 1041 at the GBO so I would say he did just fine. :)

When you are on top card of an NT for the first time and you're only 17, nerves are to be expected. He's a great kid and knows he still has to work on things. That's what impresses me the most. He's humble as can be. Not that last you will hear from him in 2015!

The kid certainly has talent. He still needs to work on his decision making, but I think that is to be expected of someone so young. I don't know too many people that made great decisions at 17.

Time for an In The Bag from Eagle! Wanna see all that DiscMania he's hucking.

The kid certainly has talent. He still needs to work on his decision making, but I think that is to be expected of someone so young. I don't know too many people that made great decisions at 17.

truth. I've been playing for longer than he's been drawing air :)o), and I still run long putts then miss my comebacker. dude can bomb, though.

He probably could've shaved 6-7 strokes off that round just by playing a little smarter when it comes to putting. Seems like every hole that he didn't birdie, he 3 putted because at least his first putt would go 20-30 past... and sometimes even his comeback would go 20-30 past. Sometimes ya just gotta lay up, or adjust your putting style so that you at least hit metal solid and the disc drops.

He probably could've shaved 6-7 strokes off that round just by playing a little smarter when it comes to putting. Seems like every hole that he didn't birdie, he 3 putted because at least his first putt would go 20-30 past... and sometimes even his comeback would go 20-30 past. Sometimes ya just gotta lay up, or adjust your putting style so that you at least hit metal solid and the disc drops.

There were a few holes where you could tell he was trying to adjust his putt after watching his card mates' discs fly. When he went to putt, the wind then did something different to his disc than what he expected. Once he has the experience and confidence to gauge his own putts, some of that will get cleaned up. Not saying he can't gauge is own putts yet...

Last edited: