• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So who is Eagle McMahon?

I got a chance to talk with Eagle after his second round and during the final round at GBO. He admitted to being nervous, even in the middle of the second round. Eagle, similar to JohnE McCray really doesn't have a gear other than go for it. It hurt him significantly at Pendaries the weekend before GBO, to the point where he only beat me by a couple of throws and didn't cash. Country Club is going to be a tougher course than the others, in my opinion for someone who plays that kind of game. Still, his eagle putt on 17 should have been a no brained for him. He makes those all the time in wind. He is 17 and got his first taste of the big time. He was nervous and still finished top 10 at an NT.

I know I'm a couple weeks but Eagle kicked some butt at KC Wide Open. I can't wait to see what he does at worlds

Eagle struggles with tight courses. He really likes throwing far. I am not counting him out at Worlds but I am not expecting him to do exceptionally well knowing how tight those courses might be.

Eagle struggles with tight courses. He really likes throwing far. I am not counting him out at Worlds but I am not expecting him to do exceptionally well knowing how tight those courses might be.

Yes, he did so terrible he ONLY took third at the Ghost town tourney haha:

PDGA results for ODS Ghost Town

Seriously though, Ghost Town has 6 REALLY tight holes and there aren't really any big bomber holes to hit. Seeing Eagle shoot two sub-1000 rated rounds in a row is very rare. Him only beating Scott by two throws is ALSO really rare :p

And for the record, yes, that's me down there in 9th place....in MA2. :::sad trombone:::

Yes, he did so terrible he ONLY took third at the Ghost town tourney ha ha

Not a good argument bro. That course looks like a pitch and putt. The person above was referring to wooded courses that demand longer throws off the tee(I assume) through tight gaps. A pro of his caliber should have murdered that course. All you did was prove his point.

Try again but do better

Last edited:
1) you're not my brother
2) that course is far from a pitch and putt
3) I was greeing with TalbotTrojan the whole time, while lightheartedly poking fun at him since we know each other and play many of the same events

But since you want to be glib: read again, but comprehend better

Ok ok settle down brother. When you can throw a putter on 15 holes, I consider that a pitch and putt.

1) ok I will leave you and your friends to your eagle thread
2) it's a pitch and putt
3) I think eagle has a ton of talent and once he dials it in, he will be a consistent contender.

212%20-%20brother%20hulk_hogan%20macro%20mean_gene_okerlund%20microphone%20sunglasses%20wwe.jpg

Yes, he did so terrible he ONLY took third at the Ghost town tourney haha:

PDGA results for ODS Ghost Town

Seriously though, Ghost Town has 6 REALLY tight holes and there aren't really any big bomber holes to hit. Seeing Eagle shoot two sub-1000 rated rounds in a row is very rare. Him only beating Scott by two throws is ALSO really rare :p

And for the record, yes, that's me down there in 9th place....in MA2. :::sad trombone:::

9th but you still cashed.

As far as Eagle goes, I am referring to his results at not just Ghost Town, but also Solstice Soiree and the Beaver State Fling.

To give Eagle props. He could have just let it go but took a two stroke penalty at Solstice Soiree because someone on his card the first round wrote down the wrong score and he discovered it after he had already turned his card in.

Oh, and don't mess with Andy. He is one of those nice guys that could scare anyone with a single look.

I didn't cash, I plasticed haha.
I think Eagle's strength, at least in a none purely throwing sense, is that he has a good head on his shoulders. I wish I was that confident, nice, mature and humble at his age. I probably would have collapsed totally if I were on a card with Ron Russel, Ken Climo and Barry Schultz (the stars when I was his age) so to see him do as well as he did at GBO even with all that pressure...impressive.

I believe he is playing the Bloom this weekend which is played on pretty tight and tech courses but also offer some good distance shots. I imagine he'll be up towards the top, but he could easily win it as well. Watching him and Joe Rovere duke it out locally is just as good as watching the big name pros, IMO.

I didn't cash, I plasticed haha.
I think Eagle's strength, at least in a none purely throwing sense, is that he has a good head on his shoulders. I wish I was that confident, nice, mature and humble at his age. I probably would have collapsed totally if I were on a card with Ron Russel, Ken Climo and Barry Schultz (the stars when I was his age) so to see him do as well as he did at GBO even with all that pressure...impressive.

I believe he is playing the Bloom this weekend which is played on pretty tight and tech courses but also offer some good distance shots. I imagine he'll be up towards the top, but he could easily win it as well. Watching him and Joe Rovere duke it out locally is just as good as watching the big name pros, IMO.

Eagle has worked hard to develop that good head on his shoulders. His mental game improved significantly a few years back. Since then he has really taken off. He was a bit of a hot head back in the day, but now he gets it. I guess growing up and getting older helps.

Eagle will do better this weekend than the past two weekends, but that is mostly because there are more longer throws. I still expect him to make some mistakes on the technical holes. We'll see how that all translates. At Pendaries earlier this year, the weekend before GBO, he failed to cash with a long but technical course. There will not be as much OB at the Bloom so I am expecting a good finish.

I just played in the Flying Eagle Open. Getting to see Eagle play in person was incredibly humbling. He over drove an 1141 foot hole in two throws! And he putts like he's trying to knock over the basket.
http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20718

Is that his dad that won masters? That'd be special in my book.

That is his dad. I was actually lucky enough to get to be on the same doubles card as Patrick. Real good guy, I see where Eagle gets it from.

Eagle's PDGA number is #37817 and mine is #37818. Now if only I could get anywhere close to his driving distance ....