• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Straightest and longest flying disc for tunnel shots

Depends on the risk reward, and the importance of the round. If I'm playing casually with a couple buddies, I might get a little crazy with it and hyzer flip to flat my bio trespass. That thing on this line will go 380' with minimal fade. If I'm in tournament play, in going to be throwing my beat GL saint pro or possibly even my bio truth. Either way, on a day I'm able to throw straight :p, I'd still be left with an easy up shot.

There is a hole exactly like this at our wooded course. 300 feet tunnel framed by loblolly pine and briar patches. To top of all off, not 10 feet behind the basket is a drop off to a stream which is OB. I try to crank out a boss dead straight , but I only succeed in making an ace run 1/3 times. Probably be safer to sling an orc or a patriot slowly down the fairway, but there's not a lot of ceiling to work with or room to get a good S turn, so low and fast is just about the only way to go.

Patriot for longer distance, Atlas for shorter.

For me, the Atlas is as straight a disc as I've ever thrown.

lol, if there was a 15ft wide fairway of that length (slightly less than my max distance) i'd probably get a mid out and go some of the way and then approach and take my three.

In my case instead of a mid I would throw my Leopard.

That said if there was some holes to the left and I was feeling froggy I might try to rip a low flat slight anny with my Flick. There is a hole, #11 at Wilson-Tuscarora SP, that fits your hypothetical. About 325' dead straight from the middle tees try a tunnel. To the right not only jail but solitary confinement. To the left for about 275' 3 rows of mature pines with about 8' of clearance. If you miss left at least you have some lanes possible. I almost always rip the Flick. And when the planet's are all in line I can make that Flick do the tightest little turnover and land just left about 300'. Before decreptitude gets me I think I can park it.

For a 15 foot tunnel at 400', I'm throwing an Axis or Proxy off the tee. Then a Proxy for a 100-150ish upshot. I'll be very happy to take a par.

If I'm competing and I need a birdie and there's no wind, I might hyzerflip a Patriot. But best case that leaves me with a 50-ish foot putt.

Hyzerflipping a Diamond or Underworld if I was throwing well that day; Tursas or Stingray if I weren't.

If the round is important (playing for number one tag, tourney, etc) I'd throw a beat roc on a hyzerflip and play for the 3...

If I'm just screwing around, beat, beat, Destroyer hyzerflip

Z Avenger at the nearest tree in an attempt to make it bounce between fifty trees and plinko it's way to the basket.

Why Avenger? It's one of the two premium discs I have bagged, and I'd like it to beat in a bit.

There is a hole similar to this at a local course. I played it Saturday and threw a champ Beast. Rode the left side, came back to the right and finished in the middle of the fairway with a 15 ft. putt. Didn't get the birdie though:doh:

If the pin is likely reachable (a par 3) I'll toss my Teebird. The G* plastic blend is one I can throw fairly straight. The soft plastic will typically stay close to the fairway even if I do hit a tree with an errant shot. My other option is a T3 - those things are lasers!

If it's a par 4 I might be better off throwing a mid. I'd rather have control of the first shot's placement so a Buzzz might be in order. If I'd have my rathers, a beat Z-Buzzz can go straight for about 250' for me before dropping. I'd gladly take control over distance if the placement off the tee is important to shooting par for the hole...

This question is pretty dependent on how much speed and snap you deliver at release. What might be a nice straight disc for some would be very overstable for others. For what it is worth, I would consider a Buzzz SS up the gut and take the three in a tournament, probably pull out a GL Saint and look for the duece in casual play.
I think the real answer is whatever disc you can dependable pull on a straight line.

lol, if there was a 15ft wide fairway of that length (slightly less than my max distance) i'd probably get a mid out and go some of the way and then approach and take my three.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I really don't know anyone who gets to 15 ft short of their Max D on a frozen rope honestly, even the pros. If they claim to, then what they're claiming as their Max D probably isn't really their Max D (as in, they could probably throw much farther with a different type of shot or disc).

300ft or less, I'm throwing a putter 200ft and relying on a 100ft upshot. Over 300ft I'm either throwing a light Gstar Leopard or DD Witness. Both slightly hyzer flipped.

Latest posts