• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The DGCR Mold: Let's build a disc!

I'm leaning toward something like a comet. Seems to be the most recommended disc on the forum, for both new players and people looking to fix form.

Here's my idea: 3 molds one for each category.
A lid
A mid that is like a Comet but also comes beadless for "THOSE" guys
A cyclable OS 9-10 speed Thunderbird/PD combo (PDs HSS with Thunderbirds LSS) or a Raptor/Tyrant combo!

All are molded in a gummy champ like plastic and a Gateway baseline.

Last edited:
Generally, putters and mids are going to be a hard mass sell as many hate beads, and those who love beads might not try beadless.

My vote, a lid in Eraser plastic! Or a lid in a KC type plastic.
Second choice would be an Eagle in a Pro or KC type plastic.

A 1.9-2.0cm driver with understable wing design and very blunt. Like a seer is pretty damn blunt at 45. Or the other way around 1.6cm width and max sharpness?

Maybe a consistently made distance driver for the masses that has a bit of turn and a strong fade out of the box, but in a cycleable plastic such as KC pro that can easily and effectively cover all distance driver shots

Sounds fun...

JC, do you believe that people here can get along enough to decide on said disc ? :p

Would have to be a lot of voting to come down to the "one".

I would still say a putter or mid would end up being a more throwable/useable/appreciated disc for everyone.

To ensure it's a disc that everyone in the community could use, I would recommend a putter.

To suit individual preferences it could easily be made in both a firm and a soft plastic.
I disagree. I'd say people are set on putters. It's something that takes a long time process. I know I wouldn't switch my Putter.
How about something unique that hasn't been done yet?
Exaaaactly. Don't just throw a stamp on another mold, plz Jamie.
Yeah a lid is something all skill levels could use. A slightly larger polecat with a thumbtrack in pwp.
YES. YES

...With the help of everyone willing, we will design, name & approve a disc for the community of DGCR...
You already know that I'm all in! I'd be honored to help progress the group project. let me know when you want me to start the CAD file... :)

A 21.8MM diameter Lid? That would be cool!

That's close to what I was thinking. A smaller Zephyr/ larger Polecat seems like it would fit the bill. Fossil plastic, of course!

I'd say a Utility disc, that way everyone could bag one or have fun with one and not have to kick out their favorite mold or a disc in the lineup.

OS mid, slow fairway. Speed 1 lid, fast Putter/slow mid. Etc.

As close to a truly neutral fairway driver as possible. Resistant to turn, but with little or no fade. Kind of like a compass, is that possible?

I like the idea of a fast putter/slow mid in some grippy but durable plastic, like Kastaplast K2 sort of, flexible but long-lasting. I don't know what kind of Gateway plastic that would be. I would want a flat top, not too glidey and torque-resistant; a less OS Harp in flexible plastic that could withstand some tree hits. Flight numbers like 4,2,0,1 or something. I buy lots of putters and would love to have one like that and support DGCR.