• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The DGCR Mold: Let's build a disc!

22mm Comet

What's the stamp gonna look like?

The Comet is already 21.8cm which is roughly 1/16" away from 22cm. Are you hoping for a larger Comet? Like a lot larger? Or only a little larger?

No one has started talking about the stamp yet. We haven't even settled on a disc category or a name. Do you have any stamp ideas you want to throw into the ring?

I would be interested in a Birdie like disc with a thumb track, but thinner in height with a little larger in diameter. And it could be called the PlateBee.

If we go PlateBee, are we obligated to have Discraft do the molding?

I do like the idea for a shallower Thumbtrak Birdie.

Also, I carry an UltraStar in my bag (OK, it's just there as a spacer, but it fits, darnit).

For the stamp I have two ideas;

If we call it Platebee a bee waiter holding a tray with something silly like a can of chili or a sandwich made of a whole fish with little x eyes.

If we call it Woodcock or any other bird name, said bird in a a full suit and tie with a,"My Life!!!" Speech bubble.

How do i feel about thumbtracks instead of thumbtracks?
31LRqPjSNSL.jpg

A bigger Lil' Wiz in Fossil, with the Platebee bottom and top stamp would be a winner.

I just want to say that this is a great idea.

I'm a member of a long running BMX Forum and one of the other members, who owns a successful shop, did a special run of bmx frames for everyone if they wanted one.

Last edited: