• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

Blizzard Boss off every tee.

"Yeah...bought it because of the world record distance stamp..."

Totally aware that that's ridiculous but also not aware he already has the form to be throwing his mid better and straighter in most situations.

In just about every sport, ego and false confidence is the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Started around ten years ago, was going with friends to Richmond Hill in Asheville, NC a very wooded course. "That disc looks cool" as I pick out a DX Firebird as my only disc to take there, not the greatest first round ever.

If noobs ask questions about ettitque or whatever I think it's a good thing. If people are stubborn.....noob or not you are close minded

If noobs ask questions about ettitque or whatever I think it's a good thing. If people are stubborn.....noob or not you are close minded

Couldn't agree more! I love it when people ask me about anything on the course. Especially if they are as nerdy about plastic circles as I am! I'm still a relative greenhorn out there, but the fine folks here have given me a heck of an education over the years.

I also love it when the veterans out there kindly offer up advice to guys like me. A simple "hey, you seem to be dropping your arm low causing some unintentional hyzer" tip during a circuit event once really helped my game. Shot a personal course record the 2nd round. Can't remember that dude's name now, but super class act guy. Awesome player, too.

Couldn't agree more! I love it when people ask me about anything on the course. Especially if they are as nerdy about plastic circles as I am! I'm still a relative greenhorn out there, but the fine folks here have given me a heck of an education over the years.

I also love it when the veterans out there kindly offer up advice to guys like me. A simple "hey, you seem to be dropping your arm low causing some unintentional hyzer" tip during a circuit event once really helped my game. Shot a personal course record the 2nd round. Can't remember that dude's name now, but super class act guy. Awesome player, too.

Less than 3 years in I consider myself still kinda new. The first half year was literally throwing bosses because it had high speed haha. Then I kept hearing about tags. I kept thinking "wtf is a tag!?). I finally got one and honestly the local pro players at the course I play usually were more than helpful. Some now even became buddies of mine.

New players are a good thing if they want to actually learn a little bit about the sport.

Oh...Yeah I didn't see you're location.

It´s ok, my English is far from perfect, and my computer and Ipad tryes to auto-correct everything i write to Swedish.. .

I really envy people that have English as the first language. . who can speak and write their own language in most parts of the World. . and online

I hear two things from beginners on a daily basis.

" how far can you throw" and "wow what many disc you have"

for me it's more like "why do you have SO MANY discs??" (I play with a half full BX, 15 discs max)

My biggest N00b pet peeve: Me: "Hey I'm going to play from the long pad but you should play from the shorts." Them: "Nah, I'll just play from where you are playing from." If it was your second time playing ball golf would you play from the black tees? Ugh.

My biggest N00b pet peeve: Me: "Hey I'm going to play from the long pad but you should play from the shorts." Them: "Nah, I'll just play from where you are playing from." If it was your second time playing ball golf would you play from the black tees? Ugh.

So, why don't you join them on the shorts?

So, why don't you join them on the shorts?

Because I want to challenge myself...
Because I want to get better...
Because I want to practice the tee I'll be using in a tournament...

And sorry, but I'm impatient. I'd rather not wait for someone to take double bogey when it's already a challenge for them to birdie from the shorts.

If it were me though, I'd say "let me throw one from the longs then we can both throw from the shorts."

Funny, my biggest N00b pet peeve is when they play the short tees.

This isn't ball golf. All adults should throw longs.

Latest posts