• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

With the release of Star Thunderbirds and the stock stamp McBeth 3x Champion Thunderbird it would be awesome to see a 2015 Tour Series McPro Thunderbird. Unfortunately I don't think Innova likes releasing higher speed discs in Pro plastic. I know there are Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, Bosses, etc out there, but they don't have the same stiffness and feel of the KC/McPro plastic. Anyone else be interested in something like that. I think a Champ/Star/McPro lineup would be a nice lineup.

I would love to see this. I'm not a big fan of understable discs. They start out great but get too squirrely as they beat in. The Thunderbird is stable enough that a beat McPro would be butter for turnovers and rollers. Got my fingers crossed its coming soon!

With the release of Star Thunderbirds and the stock stamp McBeth 3x Champion Thunderbird it would be awesome to see a 2015 Tour Series McPro Thunderbird. Unfortunately I don't think Innova likes releasing higher speed discs in Pro plastic. I know there are Pro Destroyers, Wraiths, Bosses, etc out there, but they don't have the same stiffness and feel of the KC/McPro plastic. Anyone else be interested in something like that. I think a Champ/Star/McPro lineup would be a nice lineup.

I wouldnt rule it out since they do make P-Line PDs

That full bird stamp looks like he is humping the basket with his man thighs. It just looks wrong :gross:.

IMO it's almost always a bad choice to include a disc golf basket as part of a stamp, art or logo. They don't look cool to me, actually downright dorky.

Any one throwing the new star thunderbirds or new 3x champ thunderbirds ? Wondering how they are as throwers...

The Wiggins DS and the Champ T3's were in stock almost since release, maybe these will follow suit. This may be the only way to get Star Thunderbirds for a bit. The Champ T3's still aren't production.

Profile pics would be cool if anyone has their Thunderbirds yet.

I notice that the average price on Proto star champ thunderbirds have dropped about 25%. Anyone else notice that?

Mine came in today.

picture.php

the stamp on the right is awesome ^^^^

Yea, if you like birds with man legs humping baskets!

Even the portrait as it is called is bad too, "Weakbird" cant even hold his neck up...

Now for a positive comment:

MarshallStreet is selling the McBeth signature versions for $13.99.

Last edited:
Received three of my four Stars today. A little disappointed on the color side; two muted mint green with a little swirl and one earth-tone grey. They will be fine for the winter but come spring I might lose them on the ground. Two of my four will definitely be throwers, so I am excited to get out and start seasoning them in. I was under the belief that I would not see this until Friday afternoon, well after my post-Thanksgiving round, so it was a very nice surprise to get them today.

Two of my stamps are sparkly red, making it impossible to really see what the stamp is. I am very tempted to take the one that is going to be the thrower and just wiped it clean.

All of them have that production slickness to them, so at least the undersides are going to need an acetone bath before I play so I can get some grip on them.