• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Time to get out the ribbons, put the DX on the porch

Haha, the title of this was funny to me and if I didn't used to play a lot in WI/MI would have no clue what you are talking about.

I played a round with Martin Dewgartia and he taught me about leaving your discs outside before playing in the winter. Esp if your taping something to it.

Nooo. You put tape on while discs are warm. Let them sit for a bit. Then leave them outside before you throw, so snow doesn't stick to them.

We don't need no stinkin' ribbons. Seriously, those folks always crack me up.

We don't need no stinkin' ribbons. Seriously, those folks always crack me up.

Depends on the snow. All the stuff we've got so far in WI is fluffy, disc hiding snow. Last year, I went w/o ribbons all winter. Not this year.

giphy.gif

That's how you find your discs in the fluffy stuff.

On a related note, isn't it great when we get so much snow that the basket is ground level?

I had to play in the rain yesterday. Had a great time: pools and rivulets, mushrooms everywhere, fallen trees, frightened deer ran by (afraid of the massive power of my 300 foot throw). That white stuff you guys are talking about, is that what they use for Skiing in Tahoe?

- California boy

P.S. What are the ribbons for ???

Nooo. You put tape on while discs are warm. Let them sit for a bit. Then leave them outside before you throw, so snow doesn't stick to them.

This. All day long. I put ribbons on mine on Monday and they've been (literally) chilling in my trunk ever since.

I had to play in the rain yesterday. Had a great time: pools and rivulets, mushrooms everywhere, fallen trees, frightened deer ran by (afraid of the massive power of my 300 foot throw). That white stuff you guys are talking about, is that what they use for Skiing in Tahoe?

- California boy

P.S. What are the ribbons for ???

When the disc dives into the snow, the ribbon still pops out of the snow so you can find your froz.

My favorite is skipping across water my noodle arm can't carry. ;)

Played 10 holes today in calf-high powder, 14°, with a wind chill of about 0. Didn't bring the discs to fight the wind, and suffered on those holes. The last 4 were all tailwind, and I had some fun there.

Ribbons: not really necessary in virgin powder, or with mids and putters, which I threw today.

Field full of boot marks and throwing drivers, they are necessary.

I love the snow golf that I have had the chance to play, but I have to admit, I have no desire to drive to a course now that the closest one is 30 minutes away in great weather. Wishing for a course closer yet again lol

Played in a foot of new snow and -10 over weekend. Had to get my fix couldn't sit in the house any longer. Low was -24 without wind chill.:doh: