• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 10 Discs of All Time

10. Xcalibur
9. Viper
8. Ape
7.Banshee
6. Monster
5. Boss
4. Epic
3.Firebird
2. Max
1. Whippet

BTW, I only throw overhand.

Roc, Buzzz, Aviar, Jokeri, Firebird, Boss, xXx, c-pd2, comet, and pro rhyno.

Magnet and Buzz should be at the top of the list

The Magnet is Discrafts flagship putter

The only putter I agree with for that reason is the Aviar. Lets face it, the damned thing is a legend and has stood the test of time. Fads are born and die, but the discs I like on these lists are ones that stand the test of time. Therefore I am a bit hesitant to even give my beloved Fuse any credit; even though I think its possible the best disc to be released ATM

I don't think prestige necessarily means a disc is good. It means it is adequate. My theory on the popularity of discs like the Aviar, Roc, Teebird is this: Each of these discs were released at a time when they were dominant and there were few other choices. Entire generations of what would become touring pros learned with these discs and few others, so they've been seen over and over again in the bags of champions.

No other discs are going to get free prestige like those have because golfers who are starting now have choices, and this will be even more true in the near future. 5-10 years from now the top 10 at Worlds will all be throwing different things.

I don't think prestige necessarily means a disc is good. It means it is adequate. My theory on the popularity of discs like the Aviar, Roc, Teebird is this: Each of these discs were released at a time when they were dominant and there were few other choices. Entire generations of what would become touring pros learned with these discs and few others, so they've been seen over and over again in the bags of champions.

No other discs are going to get free prestige like those have because golfers who are starting now have choices, and this will be even more true in the near future. 5-10 years from now the top 10 at Worlds will all be throwing different things.

5-10 years from now the lists will be different, but right now, I see a lot of people still gravitate toward the Teebird and Roc even with all the choices and newer players. If not Teebird, many go Eagle. Despite the River, Leopards are still going strong. Discs have gotten faster and faster yet Valks still have a high presence.

You are probably right on the Aviar and some of the ones I mention are probably headed to that fate eventually, and Stingrays/Cobras are starting to fade a little ahead of it, but they are not dead yet.

5 years from now, it will be different, but I'm just not sold on the fads. Especially when they do not offer a baseline plastic for some of these or even a mid grade. Something happens with production there and suddenly they are collectors items instead of discs standing the test of time. Just like how I don't have the Cheetah in my list but if they were still available in that KC pro, I think it would be a different story.

1. Roc
2. Wizard
3. Eagle X
4. Avair BB
5. Gator
6. Aviar SB
7. Eagle L
8. Teebird
9. Firebird
10. Wraith

I'm going to give this a go,this is based off of my personal preferences,and what they've done for the game.

1. Roc
2. Aviar
3. Ion
4. River
5. Teebird
6. Firebird
7. Fuse
8. Eagle
9. Buzzz
10. Cyclone

It's like the NBA. Many people will say that Michael was the greatest ever. and the top 10 list has the ppl who must be included (Bird, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, you get the point). But some people would include LeBron on that list. However, LeBron hasn't done anything yet. Everyone would agree that he is an athletic freak who can do things no one else could do. But to say he's in the top 10 all time when he hasn't even played his whole career is absurd. What if he tanks the next 5 years, fizzles out of the league 5 years before expected, and ends up playing street ball until he's 50 and overweight? No one will include him in the top 10 then.

This made me laugh:D

Community Consensus

I tallied up all the votes for top 10 (order irrelevant) and came up with the following:

1) Buzzz - 36votes
2) Roc - 31votes
3) Aviar - 31votes
4) TeeBird - 26votes
5) Valkyrie - 22votes
6) Wizard - 19votes
7) Firebird - 19votes
8) Eagle - 18votes
9) Comet - 17votes
10) Leopard - 16votes

Also:
11) Nuke - 12votes
12) River - 11votes
13) Wraith - 11votes
14) Destroyer - 9votes
15) Ion - 9votes
16) Cyclone - 8votes

(all the rest got 6 or less votes)
Note: I did not put what kind of plastic/edition, as a lot of people didn't put that in their list.

Latest posts