• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5/10 All Time Greats List

1 P. McBeth 1053 2015
P. McBeth 1052 2017
P. McBeth 1051 2016
P. McBeth 1050 2018
2 R. Wysocki 1050 2017
R. Wysocki 1049 2016
R. Wysocki 1047 2013
3 E. McMahon 1046 2018
P. McBeth 1046 2013
P. McBeth 1046 2014
R. Wysocki 1045 2018
4 N. Locastro 1044 2011
5 W. Schusterick1044 2012
6 K. Climo 1044 2002
W. Schusterick1043 2013
R. Wysocki 1043 2015
7 J. Anthon 1043 2014
8 N. Doss 1042 2011
9 D. Feldberg 1042 2010
R. Wysocki 1042 2014

https://www.pdga.com/players/stats?...l&StateProv=All&order=player_Rating&sort=desc

Here is my list

1 McBeth 4x
2 Climo 12x
3 Doss 3x
4 Schultz 2x
5 Wysocki 2x
6 Feldberg 1x
7 Barsby 1x
8 Jenkins 1x
9 Todd 1x
10 Anthon

My 6-10 could be rearranged or changed. I'm not very fimilar with pros before the early 2000's. I'd love to learn about professional disc golf in the 80s and 90s. I put Anthon at 10th because he's taken 2nd at worlds a lot. This thread has inspired me to do some research. I'm definitely going to watch all the old videos of worlds, that I haven't seen yet. I clearly based my list mostly around world titles. I think that's the achievement that matters the most to a majority of top pros.

Greenwell never won a Worlds until he started playing Masters, except for the doubles with Climo, but he is in the top 10, imo. He has/had every shot there is and did each one as if it was the only shot he practiced.

Watching the new Jomez 2018 best shots vid and thought about something which I have been thinking about this year which is ... Uli is really good and has been for a long time. Then I thought about where he might rank all time. Then about a top 5 or 10 list all time. Here is mine, whats yours? (Im sure im forgetting someone important)

1. McBeth
2. Climo
3. Schultz
4. Wysocki
5. Ulibarri

6. Barsby
7. Sexton
8. Feldberg
9. Nikko
10. Stardoggy

FTFY. #peaked

Last edited:
Feldberg had quite a decade. I'm guessing the previous decade has Climo in that spot.

Feldberg will not be remembered as he deserves to be. Truly one of the all time greats, not only did he play great he impacted the sport by bringing Swedish Style, push putting, and the step through (vs jump putt) into prominence.

He occupies a weird time between Climo and McBeth, and is overshadowed by the charisma of Nikko. But I say he is top 5, ahead of Doss.

I'm not sure ratings mean anything unless they are playing on the exact same courses at the exact same time. Courses and disc technology was different in Climo's day then they are now

Part of me thinks that Climo, Schultz, Feldberg should get dinged slightly if not more for not have the forehand skill of todays players. You may now commence with the flaming.

1 McBeth 4x
2 Climo 12x
3 Doss 3x
4 Schultz 2x
5 Wysocki 2x
6 Feldberg 1x
7 Barsby 1x
8 Jenkins 1x
9 Todd 1x
10 Anthon

My 6-10 could be rearranged or changed. I'm not very fimilar with pros before the early 2000's. I'd love to learn about professional disc golf in the 80s and 90s. I put Anthon at 10th because he's taken 2nd at worlds a lot. This thread has inspired me to do some research. I'm definitely going to watch all the old videos of worlds, that I haven't seen yet. I clearly based my list mostly around world titles. I think that's the achievement that matters the most to a majority of top pros.

Jenkins??? I don't feel that, maybe because I find him to be somewhat elitist and abrasive from a perspective which no one should thoughtfully draw such conclusions.

Depends on what you look at. Worlds wins, Rankings and Ratings have been suggested.

I kind of like to think the best tool would be ratings, especially if you include the dropped rounds. Just tally all the ratings from the whole career and best average takes the cake. But I do realize that you could play 1040 golf week in and week out and then choke in all the majors and yeah it would not have the same impact.

While the Rankings system may have its misgivings, Feldys track record on there is just head and shoulders above everyone else. I did not realize this. Hats off to the guy totally.

Jenkins??? I don't feel that, maybe because I find him to be somewhat elitist and abrasive from a perspective which no one should thoughtfully draw such conclusions.

Is this a discussion of the greatest players of all time or the greatest personalities? Because on the basis of play (titles, touring, etc), Avery Jenkins absolutely belongs in these discussions. He was a road warrior when it wasn't really financially viable to do so. If you want to argue his two majors (2004 Japan, 2009 Worlds) aren't enough to put him in the top 10, I can see it. He's only got 59 total career wins in well over 20 years of play, compared to triple digits for a most of the others in the conversation. But he should not be dismissed out of hand, especially for specious reasons like you find him "elitist and abrasive".

No one in the Jenkins family is/was either "elitist" or "abrasive"- genuinely nice people.

Ron Russell deserves way more love than he is getting here.

1 Climo
2 McBeth
3 Barry
4 Doss
5 Feldberg
6 Wysocki
7 Russell
8-10 some combo of Schusterick, Todd, Stokely, Nikko, Anthon, Rico, Moser

Part of me thinks that Climo, Schultz, Feldberg should get dinged slightly if not more for not have the forehand skill of todays players. You may now commence with the flaming.

Don't forget rollers. Don't want to let them get away with having extra points if they don't have a roller game. While we are at it, let us start dinging these players for not having an OH game because that will soon be a tool to increase standing.

Now, watch some videos of Climo. Dude can put the disc where he wants it to go. he has more control than any players currently on the field and has stayed above a 1020 rating, even with his advanced age, using only BH. Dude deserves respect and credit for what he was able to accomplish, and for the inspiration that he brought to players like PMcB et al.

Don't forget rollers. Don't want to let them get away with having extra points if they don't have a roller game. While we are at it, let us start dinging these players for not having an OH game because that will soon be a tool to increase standing.

Barry actually has a really good roller game. And I have definitely seen Climo throw some.

Barry actually has a really good roller game. And I have definitely seen Climo throw some.

Two of the best, most clutch roller shots ever were put down by those two back-to-back on the old hole 16 at Winthrop Gold during the 2003 USDGC. Really where the "battle" began...Barry had tied it up on the previous hole, so he went first on 16 and rolled a beauty. Climo stepped up next and put one within feet of Barry's. Both got the birdie, starting a streak of consecutive birdies for the pair that didn't break until the 10th hole of the playoff when Climo parred hole 18 to lose.

Two of the best, most clutch roller shots ever were put down by those two back-to-back on the old hole 16 at Winthrop Gold during the 2003 USDGC. Really where the "battle" began...Barry had tied it up on the previous hole, so he went first on 16 and rolled a beauty. Climo stepped up next and put one within feet of Barry's. Both got the birdie, starting a streak of consecutive birdies for the pair that didn't break until the 10th hole of the playoff when Climo parred hole 18 to lose.

After all these years hearing about it, I still haven't seen the playoff. It sounds like McBeth and Rick in Portland times ten.

The only guys that have won multiple World/US titles stand out above the rest to me. This is the order I weigh them in:

McBeth
Climo
Schultz
Doss
Schusterick
Feldberg
Wysocki
Duval

I should probably add women to that list also!
King
Korver
Pierce
Jenkins
Reading
O'Cleary

After all these years hearing about it, I still haven't seen the playoff. It sounds like McBeth and Rick in Portland times ten.

They released a home video for the tournament (either VHS or DVD, I can't remember). I know I own it though, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. Shocking that it hasn't been digitized and put on Youtube by now.

I might be biased since I was there in person, but I don't think McBeth and Wysocki in Portland holds a candle to Barry and Kenny. Barry birdied his last 14 holes in a row...tied it on 15 (now 16), 16 (turned into wetland preserve), then 17-18-18-1-17-18-1-17-18-1-17-18. Kenny birdied 12 in a row in the midst of that. And those aren't simple birdie holes under normal circumstances, let alone do or die in front of a few hundred people.

McBeth and Wysocki might have been in front of a bigger crowd, and live on the internet, but there were some pars mixed into that playoff. They weren't playing flawlessly just waiting for the other to blink like Barry and Kenny.

Barry birdied his last 14 holes in a row...tied it on 15 (now 16), 16 (turned into wetland preserve), then 17-18-18-1-17-18-1-17-18-1-17-18.

He still has the ability to do this. I get moving to Masters, but I miss seeing him on videos. With Marty moving to all-Prodigy years back, all that is gone now. It was great watching him whoop up on the Charlotte youngsters like he was strolling casually through the woods.