• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

A couple of weeks ago I forgot my discs when heading to San Francisco. I headed down to Sports Basement and they had a bunch of Vibram. I took it as an
opportunity to try some, and ended up playing the Sole, Obex, Ascent, Trak, and Lace all week at GGP. These were all firm. They were all pretty good discs, but the Obex and Ascent have actually been in my bag since. I've been favoring them over rocs n TBs. I'll be curious to see how they wear over time.

Count me in for multicolored softs as well. I bet Vibram is working on it, among many other projects

They have done multi-colored softs in the past. But this year they did seem to only run solid colors during Softober. I wonder if it just makes the process easier of more efficient to do one color? It would make sense that they want to be efficient when they run softs, with as few variables as possible, since they produce softs for a limited time, once a year.

Mr. Dodge, your thoughts?

I am sure Vibram works on many things at once, but lets assume they can only work on one thing at a time, what would be the single most important thing you would want them to be working on right now?

This comes up after the multicolored softs discussion. Personally I am more excited about them filling out their lineup of discs, then they can go back and make them pretty.

I am sure Vibram works on many things at once, but lets assume they can only work on one thing at a time, what would be the single most important thing you would want them to be working on right now?

This comes up after the multicolored softs discussion. Personally I am more excited about them filling out their lineup of discs, then they can go back and make them pretty.

What he said, there is still too much plastic in my bag, I want rubber goodness! Throw vibram!

Despite no one agreeing with my idea to get a Trak, I went ahead and got a Trak (Medium 170g) this morning. :p I threw it a little bit in a field at lunch and it seems to fly for me about as I expected...kinda Leopard-ish with more fade. I'm hoping to play a round tomorrow and I should have a better idea of what it can or can't do for me.

Despite no one agreeing with my idea to get a Trak, I went ahead and got a Trak (Medium 170g) this morning. :p I threw it a little bit in a field at lunch and it seems to fly for me about as I expected...kinda Leopard-ish with more fade. I'm hoping to play a round tomorrow and I should have a better idea of what it can or can't do for me.

They're awesome once you get them dialed in. I was playing some safari golf earlier and it was hitting some crazy lines for me.

I would have to agree with the people on here that have posted info about the Lace not doing well in the wind. I threw my 2 mediums and 1 firm (all 175 grams) over the weekend in direct and side wind and they flip flip over pretty quickly. They can handle a tiny bit of wind if thrown with a hyzer but anything of significance and they get understable pretty quickly. Really could use the O-Lace! How about it Steve? haha

I'm glad that you went out and got what YOU wanted!

And despite the fact I was pimping the Ibex pretty hard, the Trak is a great disc and I do highly endorse/recommend it. That goes for all Vibram discs! (Except maybe the Sole and that's not because it is a bad disc, but I just much prefer the other Vibram putters and am not very familiar with the Sole because of that)

But anyways, I'm glad you got some feedback but still made your OWN decision and purchased this disc you wanted. I think too many people take suggestions from this forum too much to heart and end up not trying something they actually want to try. So I'm glad you got the disc you wanted, even more glad it is a Vibram disc, and even even more glad you like it!

Heh...well, part of the reason I went with the Trak is because I've been throwing RHFH a lot lately because my left elbow has been bothering me, and I'm pretty terrible at flicking mids. I did check out an Ibex, though, and was surprised at how wide the rim was for a mid.

You might appreciate this, Brodysseus. A large part of the reason I even considered Vibram is due to the antics of Hawk Corrick on the NutSac blog, wherein he recently played a Birdie Bash and has since moved to an all-Vibram bag! This is a guy who, as far as I can tell, had been basically throwing a Roadrunner(usually)/Leopard/Coyote bag for years.

I too am an avid reader of the YDGH blog (I appreciate and am beginning to agree with his opinions on the PDGA and disc golf in general) and was thrilled when he wrote an article about attending a VBB. But I thought to myself "There is no way he'll give up his Leopards." But lo and behold, he is throwing an Vibram bag and even more impressive, he broke his 4 disc rule to carry more Vibram!

/threaddrift

I hit another Vibram ace this weekend. It was at my local pitch and putt, so it felt kinda cheap as it was an 188 foot open field shot. I threw a ridge (just felt like throwing the Ridge for some reason, so played a 1dr with that) way out to the right on a hyzer with some nose up and a r-l crosswind. Barely tickled the chains and played some ring around the Rosie in the basket before it came to rest.

/threaddrift

I hit another Vibram ace this weekend. It was at my local pitch and putt, so it felt kinda cheap as it was an 188 foot open field shot. I threw a ridge (just felt like throwing the Ridge for some reason, so played a 1dr with that) way out to the right on a hyzer with some nose up and a r-l crosswind. Barely tickled the chains and played some ring around the Rosie in the basket before it came to rest.

Nice work. Almost no chains necessary. I have a feeling I am going to get more Vibram aces soon. Just had to get the first one out of the way earlier this year.

Lost my Lace yesterday. Threw a FH, a sudden R to L crosswind kicked up and the thing just rolled over and tailed off to the left ... landed about 150' off the edge of the lake. Skipped a couple of times across the water and then sank with a quickness. I thought the protos would be making their way to the testers soon. If so, any news/feedback on the OS/MOS Laces?

:doh:

Just busting your chops...

...and getting antsy waiting for a large box to show up from Mr Dodge.

Latest posts