• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Anyone throw rollers with M. Laces? Super straight lines im getting out of it and being softer doesn't seem to matter, might even make initial landing angle a little more forgiving for some reason but haven't thrown enough yet to see for sure.

I was using mine for rollers for a while. I had some funny bounces that made me switch back to plastic for rolling, but it does roll well when it doesn't bounce.

I haven't seen any yet either, just the protos.

Word is they fixed the OLace (the VO ones were about Lace stability). Hope I can get my hands on em in time to work them in for the USDGC.

That might be unfair to the other competitors at the USDGC's. I mean two max distance drivers basically covering every shot with the control, consistently and feel of Vibram? You'll be sure to win.

Olace TheR420B while very overstable out of the box becomes just about perfect after a month of solid use. Mine now flies a lot like a CFR domey destroyer. It has become one of my favorite discs that Vibram has made to date.

When new, they are very overstable, kind of like a fast firebird. Truly a great disc.

The unLace is a great driver as well that will be perfect for fans of discs that are less stable that you can throw with some hyzer. They seem to go a long way also.

And you can never go wrong with the Firm laces. Truly the best backhand disc I have thrown in many years. Very controllable, fast with tons of glide.

Bittersweet Vibram Ace

To start this story off, I will first say that I lost my go-to Ibex, a 176g 2011 Player's Cup, for the last 18 months that won me numerous tournaments and helped me to showcase just how amazing and versatile Vibram discs are. I lost it in the river behind hole 11 at Jackson Park. After searching in water up to my mid-thigh for over a half hour, I had to say good-bye to my old friend.

Today, I was out at the same hole, almost exactly 24 hours later. It was my first round since losing my favorite disc, and I decided to throw its replacement, a 174g 2012 VO, to see if I could get close to the hole. As soon as I let the disc go, I knew it was looking good... It was sailing about 5' off the ground dead straight right at the basket. 282' later, it smashed into the front right of the chains and stuck for a very welcome, but bittersweet ace. I was congratulated by the PDGA state coordinator for South Dakota as I stepped off the pad to go collect my bag.

1274347_548883291828106_268194880_o.jpg

Olace TheR420B while very overstable out of the box becomes just about perfect after a month of solid use. Mine now flies a lot like a CFR domey destroyer. It has become one of my favorite discs that Vibram has made to date.

What does this mean?!?!?

I know there are now supposed to be two more stable version of the Lace, but will the massively overstable version be overstable enough? Not if it beats in like that. Arg.

How do the half and half discs fly in general? I've thought about picking a couple up on a few occasions but never pulled the trigger.

I've thrown the half and half Summit, Ridge and Lace. They all seem to be on the overstable side of their respective mold.

I've been throwing the Skeet Vibram Open Lace and it might be more overstable than the half and half!

(If anyone needs either, feel free to PM me as I have a few extras).

How do the half and half discs fly in general? I've thought about picking a couple up on a few occasions but never pulled the trigger.

I've thrown the half and half Summit, Ridge and Lace. They all seem to be on the overstable side of their respective mold.

I've been throwing the Skeet Vibram Open Lace and it might be more overstable than the half and half!

(If anyone needs either, feel free to PM me as I have a few extras).

I have had the same experience as Dana with these discs. I actually like them quite a bit. I just got some of the 2013 VO Laces and was pleased to find them slightly more overstable than my medium Laces in the same weights.

I have one of those first run chunk Laces that is like a D1. I have not been able to find any others that are that overstable, though.

I just picked up a '13 VO Trak. I'd agree, slightly more OS that it's regular counterparts (both F and M). We'll see how it breaks in but right now it's got more fade at the end of the flight than any of my others. Nice flying disc. Might have to pick up an Ibex now....

I just picked up a '13 VO Trak. I'd agree, slightly more OS that it's regular counterparts (both F and M). We'll see how it breaks in but right now it's got more fade at the end of the flight than any of my others. Nice flying disc. Might have to pick up an Ibex now....

Yeah, after hearing they came out more over stable I'm wanting an obex. I've been looking for one that's pure beef, I like the mold a lot but sometimes wished it started its fade earlier.

The M Obex I've been throwing all year is pretty darn overstable. Maybe its just me (or the disc)? I do have the '13 Obex and Ibex, but haven't thrown em.

Right now I'm carrying a proto m3 (real m2) for shots that I need to fade a bit sooner than what my obex will give me. It seems like the m2 will start fading at like 80% of its flight where the obex will fade later at like 90%. When it fades it does it strong, its just delayed.

Haha so in other words I'm looking for a mobex. In most cases I give the obex a little hyzer and its good, but sometimes the line just works better with a flat release.

Regarding marking your Vibram discs.

Has anyone found a good marker to use on Vibram discs?

I've tried Bic, Sharpie and Office Max brand.
They all eventually scratch or fade away.
-T