• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Bought my first Vibram disc, unLace. It should fit nicely between my Sasquatch and Tern. I plans to test it out tomorrow.

I like the unLace. It was the first distance driver that I was snapping consistently. It works really well when thrown at slower speeds, as well as on hyzer-flips and when you want a nice big turn-over shot to finish to the right.

I can throw it on some pretty cool rollers (up to 300') on both forehand and backhand throws.

I can throw it on some pretty cool rollers (up to 300') on both forehand and backhand throws.

Best Rollers Ever.

Firm is a bit too flippy so i use a medium, but the soft is great too. So soft that it rolls immediately, it wont bounce when it lands, and absorbs bumps on the ground.

Best Rollers Ever.

Firm is a bit too flippy so i use a medium, but the soft is great too. So soft that it rolls immediately, it wont bounce when it lands, and absorbs bumps on the ground.

Rollers aren't the most consistent shots, but they do come in handy now and then... I can also roll my putters for short distances on more narrow approach shots.

Just got my first vibram disc (summit) and am surprised at the amount of extra rubber left on the rim (at the PLH line). Is this normal? Do you normally remove this? If so, how?

It's normal and it'll wear down naturally, first becoming blunt and then just disappearing over time. If you're impatient take a razor to it. :). Just don't try to get too close.

Generally, I just work around it. It's usually not much, but where it exists it doesn't bother me.

Not sure if mine had more than normal or what, but there was no way to ignore it. I'm actually surprised that they let their discs out with that much molding on them as it just feels aweful in the hand. But...a few mins with a blade and it feels much better now. Just took off the worst of it so as not to heavy handed gouge it. I don't think it is anything I could ever get used to as it was.

What do you use to mark your discs? I have not had much luck with a regular Sharpie lasting long. I am now trying an oil paint Sharpie which seems to stick to the rubber better but I am open to suggestions.

What do you use to mark your discs? I have not had much luck with a regular Sharpie lasting long. I am now trying an oil paint Sharpie which seems to stick to the rubber better but I am open to suggestions.

Sharpie always worked for me. It fades a lot at first but has stayed legible for me for a long time. Maybe just lay it on very thick or possibly with a thicker sharpie. Wish I could be more help!

I've used sharpie before with some success. What ends up happening though is that regular usage leads to fading of the marker. This occurs over a time-frame of months-years (in my experience).

A lot, a lot, a lot... Vibram Open just concluded (not that long ago). Also, the SoLace is set to be re-released. There's also a new Vibram Open DVD called 'Dubz' which features 2014 footage.

If your discs have a lot of sheen, clean them with Acetone to reduce the bonding agent that makes them shiny. Then try Red or Blue Sharpie, they seem to absorb better.

Latest posts