• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc golf basket do you like best?

taylor7886

I really like the DGA Mach 3 and Mach 5. I'm getting ready to buy one for the back yard ,but wanted to get input on which everyone prefers or what they know about them as far as quality made.

The ones my putter stays in!:D

Discatcher and yes there was a thread about this with a poll not too long ago

Discatcher and yes there was a thread about this with a poll not too long ago
Realistically, there's a thread for about averything out there. There isn't much that hasn't been discussed somewhere out there before.

Wish I were more proficient using the search feature.

For backyard use, there really isn't anything better than the Innova Discatcher Sport (no rim on the top). For permanent baskets, I like the Discraft Chainstars. I DO NOT like anything with a rim around the top (Innova Discatcher Pros)
Just my two cents.
As far as the DGA's, they are very good quality.

I like the Mach III's and V's. Discatchers are easy to see when you're new to a course.....but besides that I find putting into them a big pain in the ass.

I like the Discather Pros. I think they look very nice and on heavily wooded course they are very easy to spot. I have been to some courses with the DGA baskets and I had to walk the fairway just about every hole to find the basket.

I these are sweet but I've never seen them anywhere:

korg1.jpg

The Titans are ridiculous...in a good way. And Dave guarantees the baskets for life...where else can you find that?

DISCATCHERS!!! The new ones with 3 tiered layers of 24 chains catch like mad (I know there are a lot of old ones out there with a bad rap). Plus they are $295 shipped to your course! The $450-500 cost of a Mach 3 is a joke, not to mention they should rename those baskets to "Spit Monkeys".

Mach III/V's are my favorite. I've hit the yellow tops too many times - one robbed my first possible ace, so I might be a little biased.

Problem is that the yellow band didn't rob anything. The opening for the chains is the same PDGA standard size. If you hit the yellow band, you'd have sailed over a Mach 1, 2, or 5 (without the number plate). So that yellow band may save you a stroke by not blowing over the basket.

Problem is that the yellow band didn't rob anything. The opening for the chains is the same PDGA standard size. If you hit the yellow band, you'd have sailed over a Mach 1, 2, or 5 (without the number plate). So that yellow band may save you a stroke by not blowing over the basket.

I like to call it the chastity belt. I think I read that on here somewhere. To me it's not so much that I feel robbed as that sound adds insult to injury- it's like getting booed for missing your putt. I'd go so far as to say the chastity belt clang is the anti-chains.

Latest posts