• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What hobby got dumped for DG?

I haven't given any of them up but I devote less time to any one activity.

I divide my "me" time between DG, skateboarding, reading, lifting weights, practicing bass, drawing and playing in the woods. The rest of the time is work or time spent with my lady, both of which I enjoy. I try to minimize my overall consumption so I can spend more time having fun since I don't have much to pay for.

MTGO ;) But I was getting tired of it anyway, and I prefer having another pastime that I can do outside.

The other thing I gave up with disc golf was not drinking very much beer. :mrgreen:

Working out is about the only thing I can think of.
I do a lot of hunting, but then I don't throw much from late fall until spring.

Used to skateboard a ton till i broke my leg and 5 bones in my foot all in one swoop. When you get old things just dont heal the same so I had to find something to fill my need to get out and do something.

The hobby I gave up was offroading and bronco2's I have been to slot of offroad parks in ga sc and nc but discgolf is alot cheaper that building an offroad truck like a lift and tires gears lockers bumpers Rock sliders plus when u do go offroading u have to worry about breaking shit and it will happen

Krazy, ever been to Tellico? :shock: I put a beating on my rig a few years ago down there. Heard it's closing...really sad.

I used to take my motorcycle out on really nice days, and now if its nice out, I would rather head to the disc golf course.

My Kayaks didn't get used once this year. I don't have to quit mushroom picking because I can do it while playing. I found some really nice chicken of the woods(mushroom) the other day. There is nothing like playing your favorite game and finding dinner while playing. I don't go to as many concerts as I used to. I have to choose between tickets and tournament fees. I'm not gonna miss the Phish Festival though. that is gonna kick ass

Guitar building and weight lifting... neither got totally dumped but I have less time for them now.

Something that really hit me today: I never really cook any more. Too often I'm getting a frozen pizza, or making a burger, or getting a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, stuff like that. The most involved meal I've made in the last couple months was hamburger helper. I realized today that I miss cooking, plus I'd be eating healthier anyway if I made more real meals.

Gonna change that tonight though. Plus my shoulder really bothered me this weekend so I'm taking a few days off of DG this week, I plan on cooking every night if possible.

stoneman said:
Krazy, ever been to Tellico? :shock: I put a beating on my rig a few years ago down there. Heard it's closing...really sad.

yeah i have been to tellico was up there in i think 07 did alot of riding with people cause i had a pretty stock rig and had to drive it home but stayed at crawfords camp with the big rock piles watched a guy snap a d44 there also one other guy flopped his rig. great week of offroading and talking trucks, and it is sad that it is slowly being shutdown

Muskie fishing...but 3 kids and a 70 percent travel job made that more diffcult too.

It is easy to fit in DG but I am not as rabid about it as I was last year. Its a good game for work travel though.

Going to the driving range. I probably would have picked up ball golf from time to time if not for disc golf. I might still put the clubs in the trunk for the occasional driving session or messing up people's cars.

I didn't dump anything for DG specifically, I shattered my ankle and was no longer able to do my other hobbies. I found out about disc golf shortly after and it became an obsession for me.\

Before the ankle incident I was very good at basketball, at 5'8" I could grab the rim easily and barely dunk the ball, but that was a big enough accomplishment for me. I also did gymnastics for 10 years, got up to competition level just before my accident.

I can only walk about 2 miles before the ankle starts hurting enough to quit for the day, but I can do about 4 miles if I'm playing DG. That distance is getting smaller as the months go by, but I'll take what I can get.

My AE86 corolla got dumped, ive been putting off installing the supercharged engine in for months now. Weather is too damn nice right now!

Ball golf got dumped for disc golf, but right now disc golf is competing with texas hold em as my main hobby. I enjoy disc golf, but I love money.

Combination of things - running Cross Country/Track in college wasn't dumped for DG, but a knee injury that put me out during my sophomore CC season forced me to find something else for my competitive outlet. I need an outlet in my life that will allow me to really just expel all of that competitive energy and disc golf became it. It keeps me from really losing my temper or getting worked up about everything else in life - keeps the rest of my world mellow.

Latest posts