• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where did you hear about DGCR?

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
This is just something I'm kind of curious about. When I first launched the site at the end of May I posted it on various local forums but since then I haven't done much promotion other than posting fliers at the courses I play (if there's a spot to post one). With almost 350 members, 500+ reviews and many more non-registered players, the site is definitely on it's way to becoming the resource I hoped it would be when I first started it.

But back to the question at hand, where did you hear about the site?

I saw a link from the NRDG site. Their "links" page brings you to a MSN forum, which is where I saw it first, then I noticed it again on the forum on the NRDG site itself.

Since then I have mentioned it to all of my friends that play disc golf, and one of them has become a member as well.

I don't remember what I was searching.......I was looking for info on the camo Carolina team bag and came across this post. Took a look around and the rest is history.

Lowe mentioned it on the PDGA Courses message board I believe. And I'm very glad he did - this is a great site.

I can't remember now, but one of the first places I remember hearing about DGCR was a thread on the PDGA DISCussion board. Tim, did you start that thread?

I'm also a member of the PDGA Course Evaluators group, and the DG Course Design Group. There may have been something posted there too. I know I'v posted to those groups about DGCR, so everyone in those groups has the word.

BTW, has a thread been put on the Disc Golf Review forums, https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/ ? That would also be a great place to get the word out since they also have course review section.

-Lowe

Yea, I post on DGR and usually post a thing about the site when I roll out a new feature like the recent disc/bag organizer.

BTW, has a thread been put on the Disc Golf Review forums, https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/ ? That would also be a great place to get the word out since they also have course review section.

Well, to answer my own question, I just went over to the discgolfreview.com forums. I found the thread that Tim started and the last post on it was by me on 12/3/07. I apologize for the slip up, but I was born without a short term memory.

Lowe

March 6, 2008 issue of the PDGA E - Newsletter.

Random Encounter

A friend and I randomly bumped into two guys playing at Moraine State Park in PA this past summer (I believe late July...) and struck up a conversation. As it turned out, they were just starting up a site called dgcoursereview.com that sounded pretty awesome. Since then, anytime I've needed course info or the latest chatter on disc golf I've come to this page first! Hope you guys are still enjoying lots of courses! Thanks for the great site!

Hey PsyStal,

I remember that! Moraine was an awesome course, PA is a great disc golf state in general. Later that summer we toured the Pittsburgh area and then this spring we'll be traveling through Ohio.

I don't remember where I found the link but I was just browsing for info on some local courses and found this site, so glad I did.

I found it while trying to compile a list of GPS coordinates for my Garmin. It has a lot more than the PDGA website.

I found it while trying to compile a list of GPS coordinates for my Garmin. It has a lot more than the PDGA website.

That's because I followed the street directions for just about every course myself to get the lat/lon.

Yes, it took a very long time :)

Latest posts