• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Do You Shop Online?

Where Do You Buy Discs Online?

• Disc Golf Center

Votes: 216 50.9%
  • Disc Golf Store

Votes: 16 3.8%
  • Disc Golf Station

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Disc Golf World

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Disc Nation

Votes: 58 13.7%
  • Gotta Go Throw

Votes: 58 13.7%
  • Marshall Street

Votes: 188 44.3%
  • Infinite Discs

Votes: 38 9.0%
  • Wright Life

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Community Discs

Votes: 100 23.6%
  • Dynamic Discs

Votes: 82 19.3%
  • From the Manufacturer (Innova, Discraft, etc)

Votes: 82 19.3%
  • Other

Votes: 86 20.3%

• Total voters
Poll results so far are not surprising. Disc Golf Center is the lowest cost when doing small orders, especially for single discs. Marshall Street is cheaper when buying larger quantities and they are very specific with their information given.

We love a lot of sites for a lot of reasons, but pricing is the crux.

I actually have been digging Infinite Discs recently. Seeing a picture of the disc you're buying is an awesome luxury. You get to see the stamp, exact color, opaqueness, etc. The selection can be slightly lacking and there is shipping cost, but shipping to me in CA is literally two days and the actual disc prices lower compared to Discgolfcenter so it's really not that much more expensive at all. The order I just placed at Discgolfcenter (because of the superior selection) on Friday is expected to get here 12 days later.

Community first, then Marshall Street. The customer service from Justin is stellar - I have a disc or two I want, and I'm waiting for Community to re-open to order them.

Pretty much all the above at some point over the last year... One of my favorites, not listed, is Hyzer Farm (an ebay seller). It's run by Scott and Jeanne Papa (Scott of team Discraft and the star of many of their instructional videos). Great people, super-fast shipping and good prices.

I will chime in for Hyzer Farm, too. Accurate choices of colors and weights, and a huge selection. And since Scott is local, I can save the shipping cost by making arrangements to meet him at his regular job and grab the discs off him there. And i'm supporting a local.

I've also ordered from DGC and MS in the past, with no complaints. I also make it a point to drop in to The Wright Life when I'm home in Ft. Collins.

The sites I don't like are the ones that don't offer actual color/ actual weight, or "first color choice", or +/- 3 gms. When I see that on a site, i lose interest fast.

It varies from time to time but my absolute favorite shop is community discs. No one does disc business like Justin does.

One disc, usually DiscGolfCenter.
If I can cover the minimum for free shipping, Marshall Street.
Rare or hard to find, Innova Pro Shop, Disc Golf Values or eBay.
Used, locally.

When I bought online, I was always satisfied with Marshall's. Almost pulled the trigger with an order to infinite discs a few weeks ago but I cancelled it.

I just can't buy discs online anymore, I prefer to fondle my plastic before I buy. I now have enough of what I need and back ups to cover me so I can wait for what's just right.

Community is my first choice. $1.00 shipping, Packages arrive in 2 days. Marshall Street is second, same 2-day arrival, but I usually don't break $50.00 on an order so shipping is more expensive. Disc Golf Center is third if I can't find something I really want.

Justin at Community for the awesome personal service. DGC because I'm picky on weight and color and can usually find what I want. Also, I get a 10% discount at DGC for the tiered discount - dropped $1300 and counting with them. At $1000 you get 10% off.

Is it just me, or are the %'s on the poll not adding up correctly??

…or is that due to the fact you can choose multiples?

…yep, I need more coffee :|

MSt. Mainly bc the service is unbeatable, and they ship faster than anywhere. I once put in an order at like 8am on superbowl Sunday and within a half hour had an email from them bc they couldn't find one of the discs. After choosing a replacement, got the 'Your order has shipped' email like 15 min later.

Most websites would not even have looked at the order until Monday morning.

Is it just me, or are the %'s on the poll not adding up correctly??

…or is that due to the fact you can choose multiples?

…yep, I need more coffee :|

No, it's not you.

172.4% of the people buy their discs on line or somewhere else. :p

infinitediscs.com is the best site I've used, and I have no intention of going anywhere else. They have an amazing database and disc search feature. They also have great customer service and a good selection. Most of the other sites look like they were made by amateurs, not something I'm comfortable putting my credit card info into.

Also, on multiple occasions I had rush orders with infinitediscs and they called me to explain that there was some item that would delay the order and gave me options to either get the order through on time or wait for the exact item. It was really helpful as in most cases I didn't really care about the exact color.

And they gave me a very nice deal on a stack of identical putters for practice.

My three primary sources:

Community Discs. One dollar flat rate shipping and a personal note with each order? That's the best way to get and keep my business.

Marshall Street. Larger selection than Community Discs, if I can't find it at Community Discs, it's at Marshall Street or it probably isn't made. Also love the live inventory.

Manufacturer website (read Discmania store): Discmania does a great job with their online site, I like to buy there sometimes.

Otherwise, I mainly buy in person at pro shops (Killer B etc) or Academy.

Latest posts