• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which would you Rather?

Would you rather a hole in one on a par 3 hole, or $10?

• Total voters
Why choose? If you're with a couple of guys who pay '51' money, you can have both.

This question might be a more debatable argument if we were talking say...$100.

I was just about to write this so i will just say "what he said"

I can hit my ace and get 10$, the group I play with when not playing league plays 51.

I have been paid on all 5 of my aces, 4 of which were either a tourney or league.

I would take the ace if it was for league play as I am still looking for my first ace pin which are given for aces in league rounds. May also win an ace pot.

I am not an animal so I would take $10 over a ace in a solo practice round for example.

If you would have asked me a week ago, I wouldn't have even thought about it. But I finally got my first ace last weekend, so the $10 was tempting. In the end, I did vote ace. If it were $25, or a fancy disc of some sort, maybe it would be a different story.

I don't want to be given an ace. An ace is a surprise. A random gift of luck and happenstance, at a given time, determined by fate. The utter joy I get from one is the random, surprising nature of it. I'll take the ten bucks, I'll get the ace later anyway.

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

1000 days in a row?

That does sound like 3 awesome years!

Also, even if you took the $10 every day for 1000 consecutive days, you'd have...$10,000? It seems like an impressive sum, but spread out over that amount of time it's not really that much money. (Obviously that's dependent on your personal circumstances, cost of living, etc.) I think that most people have earnings potential significantly higher than that over a similar period of time.

So far most people have voted that they'd prefer an ace over the money. A corollary question might be: how many aces would you have to hit before you get bored and just take the $10? New thread coming for this "Iterative Ace-or-Money Question" :p

I have never found an ace lying on the sidewalk. I can get 10 bucks mowing my neighbors lawn if I wanted too, but he can't give me an ace. For someone who hasn't gotten that ace yet, I believe it is much better than 10 dollars. You can't use an ace to buy a candy bar that you won't remember forever. An ace lives in your mind as a reminder of the throw of a lifetime.

Aces are an experience. $10 is just a small amount of cash.

As I've grown older, the experiences in life have become much more important than a few bucks. If the ten bucks bothers me that much, I'll just drink yellow beer one night instead of IPA's or stouts.

Ace every time.

Some of you guys are pretty hard up for cash apparently.

Has nothing to do with a persons status.

Aces are just a throw on a disc golf course. Its fun and a good time.

$10 can do a lot of things. Lots of $10 bills can do a lot more things. And to say $10k in 3 years isnt a lot of money well your just being silly.

Id take a free 10k investment every 3 years and never have another ace. Ill probably forget by the time im 60 years old. Hell im having a hard timr remembering the handful i do have and the most recent were just another throw.

@danjon maybe some of you just make terrible financial decisions:)

Come on. You know you'll always remember the first one.

Oh god! How I wish I could forget!:wall::wall: Oh wait, you were talking aces.

Is there some genie standing by the box asking which I'd prefer?

I'll take his 10 bucks then throw an ace!