• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why don't more women play disc golf?

Charlotte, NC has a women only league that plays every Monday at Elon Park. I think it starts around 6 and they've been getting a good turn out from what I hear.

My wife already enjoys playing, but I thought this would be as good a thread as any to ask my question: does anyone know of any i-dye/fly dye discs that would be appropriate for somebody with slow arm speed? My wife always comments on how much she likes them when we see one flying, but I can't buy her a boss or surge - she throws around 100 feet.

If I keep looking, will I find one of these in a low weight Cobra/Stingray/Meteor/etc?

150 class would be perfect, but 165 would be acceptable too.

Or is this just something that's going to have to wait until she moves up to drivers and heavy midrangers?

Like, some women in society today would, like, not be caught dead, like, sweating and potentially breaking a fingernail. Like oh my God. There is a sale at the Mall, are you kidding?
Sounds like my wife, lol, true blue American girl thats for sure

Millenium has Polaris and Orion dyes and there are Champ Leopards I have seen. I don't know what else is out there.

I'm a woman, my bf got me into DG and I play more than he does now. We have the Twin Cities Women's Disc Golf League on Thursdays with our fearless leader Jayne! The other day we were playing at Lakewood Hills and ran into another all-female group! (I think the numbers are increasing faster than we realize!). I love this sport and have a great time everytime I go out, no matter who I play with- pros, seasoned vets, unseasoned players, and brand newbies. I try to get out 5-6x per week.
I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate any advice given to me! Thanks guys!

ive noticed that quite a few woman players feel uncomfortable sometimes going up to holes in the woods when they notice a bunch of guys just hanging around .

alot of times they wait and if the group dosnt move on they will go back the way they came , so if want woman to play more stop being so creepy and drunk and do what your supposed to do at a dg course play dg.

There is a much closer tie between the Y chromosome and projectiles.

My wife played DG with me before she got in an automobile accident. She's a brown belt in karate so she would give a karate chop yell (Keeeyahhh) whenever she made a drive...it was hilarious!

My wife is in karate too and finds that her throws improve her punches and her punches improve her throws. Sounds like a win-win to me!

I'm a woman, my bf got me into DG and I play more than he does now. We have the Twin Cities Women's Disc Golf League on Thursdays with our fearless leader Jayne! The other day we were playing at Lakewood Hills and ran into another all-female group! (I think the numbers are increasing faster than we realize!). I love this sport and have a great time everytime I go out, no matter who I play with- pros, seasoned vets, unseasoned players, and brand newbies. I try to get out 5-6x per week.
I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate any advice given to me! Thanks guys!

Awesome to hear.

My wife used to play quite a bit with me. Since we've had 2 kids she doesn't come out nearly as often anymore, it's difficult on both of us to push a stroller around the course. Maybe once they get a bit older.

I got my wife to come out when I first started playing. That was the only way I could get more time on the course. It has turned into something we both enjoy doing.

Guys, the moral of the story - if you don't want your wife getting pissed that you're spending too much time at the disc golf course, buy that woman a disc.

Latest posts