• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why is everyone so caught up in the "search feature"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODS please close thread. This topic has been covered before. Ill go research the old ones.

Let it ride Yo. The funniest part is when the site warns you that the topic is old and might not need further input, but if you post a bunch of scrunchies whine that you are necro posting, but if you start a new thread you are bad for re-starting an old topic.

FTFY? Really. Child go away. Its not about finding out what someone else has talked about. I am a Boolean search master, I make a living using it. I want to discuss something in my own thread. I must have misread the rules here. Are duplicate threads against the rules or something???
Sorry to offend you little boy, but I call it as I see it. On every internet community that I can think of repeat threads are frowned upon for cluttering up the site, and wasting time with 18 posts in 18 seperate threads that say the exact same thing! If you were half the intrawebz guru that you claim to be you could handle using the search function properly instead of creating a thread titled "Why arez peepuls mean enough to azk me 2 use the serch function?" Get over it man. Or maybe I should say boy. If you don't like being asked to search, go elsewhere.

I will say what I say in 1/2 these threads.

When I started prerubing people there were 3,000 threads and you could often find 2 of the same thread in the top page of recent threads. Last I checked there were well over 75,000 threads.

there are nearly 2 million posts. The search feature is getting harder to use, so we should be more lenient and helpful, but sometimes when you see "What 3 discs would you throw" for the 47th time in 2 months it gets irritating. I try to provide links in a helpful way instead of just saying use the search feature, but some topics are really beaten to death.

Last edited:
anybody want to wager how many more posts till this thread gets closed down?

can I get 5 to 1 on a dollar for 9 more posts?

How do you feel about threads like The Vibram Thread, post a cool dg picture, critters on the course you run into, etc? It's nice to have all the information is one place.

Starting the same thread again just creates one other place you have to look for information, up to the point of having 8 different Equivalent Teebirds threads. Then you have to use the search function to find stuff.

Point is; the less you use the search function the more others have to use it. Necro-bumped threads have gone a long way.

I'm a Roc guy, my buddy is a Buzzzzzz guy. The Roc is better, but some don't agree. Should I make a poll?

Also, who is Prerube?

If you used the search feature for "Prerube", you wouldn't have to ask that question.

I'm a Roc guy, my buddy is a Buzzzzzz guy. The Roc is better, but some don't agree. Should I make a poll?

Also, who is Prerube?

I think the Ibex, Obex, QMS and Sentinel MF are all superior to the Roc and Buzzz.

That's what I think. Many, many disagree.

I have never been Prerubed. I've only started one thread (that I can remember). I still miss Frank D and his wit and wisdom.

If you don't like being asked to search, go elsewhere.

I have never been asked to go search. I'm standing up for all others who have and then become derailed. I rarely start a thread. I'm just pointing out the behavior of one guy on here has created quite the culture. Weak Sauce.

I never cared to be a part of discussion forums until disc golf. In the 7 yrs and three or four forums I have never seen it being a problem to talk about what has already been talked about. Usually threads get merged. But since this site is so popular it becomes immpossible for the mods to do that. So what we have is a bunch of "policing know-it-alls that obviously have tooooo much time on their hands. Ill get used to it someday. I'm headed over to the Market Place.

Eh, the forum is what it is. It is different from the course reviews. The course reviews all compile in one spot and provide helpful information. The forum is a crapshoot of one and done "How can I tell if my Roc is a Rancho?" threads. It's not really set up to be that helpful; you basically get what you get.

Besides, so much of what has been posted on this site is wrong that reading old threads sometimes isn't all that helpful anyway.

18down, Most of the time these people are given links the answer their question. you act like they are getting kicked off the site.

Threeputt, I get what you are saying, but wrong information on an older thread is more likely to have been called out or corrected. the newer thread will just fill up with people trying to remember what they read on the previous thread.

18down, Most of the time these people are given links the answer their question. you act like they are getting kicked off the site.

And they usually don't get offended. They say thanks and go read the linked forums.

But every now and then, someone gets defensive and tries to explain why their thread is better than the old one.

I think all the points made about threads being beaten to death and all are valid. I think the OP's original point is also valid though. If I want to start a thread to rehash an old point once again, who are you to tell me I can't? If you don't want to read yet another thread on Buzzz vs Roc then don't. If you don't want to respond to another what is par thread then don't. Maybe I want a new discussion. Maybe I feel my way of phrasing the question will lead to a different thread drift. Maybe I subscribe to chaos theory and I believe you can start the same discussion 1000 times and reach 1000 different results. And maybe I just like to annoy Perube. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts