• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zippo hand warmer

Yep, bout to leave, and colors will be hoisted bout 8pm

Has any one run across these hand warmers in a real store? I would love to walk into Dicks sporting goods and check these things out.

Are there any differences between the Zippo and other brand hand warmers?

I looked at Cabela's while I was there today and they didn't have any.

thinking about getting two because my damn zip up hunting jacket pocket doesnt connect in the middle so my hands cant share one. and BTW. if your looking for a super warm jacket to DG in, dont go with north face or columbia. get a redhead or some hunting jacket thats ment to keep you warm when your outside for hours and hours on end. others are for fashion and only brief times outside.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up. My only concern is how warm they get. Today I played a round when it was only about 25 degrees and used one of those disposable hand warmers. They didn't get very warm at all, and left me struggling to keep my throwing hand warm.

You can take them out of the bag on extra cold days and they'll get even warmer, the trade off is that they burn fuel faster like that.

I have not noticed this and I have used them with and without the bag. From my limited experience with them so far, I think I get more odor from my zippo lighter than the hand warmers.

i can smell mine right after i light it but i have not noticed it making my hands smell

thanks guys. lets see what happens with christmas

Used mine yesterday. Works really good. Kind of a pain to fill without some spillage. Some fumes, I wouldn't suggest using it in a closed space. :sick:

and the trick with popping off the burner when done works. I popped it off and set it in the top till it cooled off. :thmbup:

i used warmers yesterday - the disposable kind and man did my game appreciate it. it wasn't terribly cold out but having that in my pocket kept my fingers feeling good and my shots stayed pretty controlled even when it rained on us.

i used warmers yesterday - the disposable kind and man did my game appreciate it. it wasn't terribly cold out but having that in my pocket kept my fingers feeling good and my shots stayed pretty controlled even when it rained on us.

The biggest difference I've noticed with the zippos as opposed to the disposable warmers is that when you put cold hands in your pockets with them, the zippos warm back up much quicker. It definitely is nice to have something keeping your hands warm and mobile.

how do you pop the burner off? isnt it too hot to touch? do you use something to pry it off or anything like that...what happens if it falls on the ground?

I just use the cap for the warmer to pop it off. Mine fell on the ground, by the time i bent down to pick it up it was cool enough to touch.

Use the bag or the lid to pop it off, you probably don't want to get too much dirt inside but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you dropped it.

okay well i just got my girlfriend tonight, mine is still in the mail. i filled it up with 2 cups like the directions said and it only look about 1 and a half and then spilled over, cleaned it up. popped the burner on and lit it. big big big flame about a foot high, appeared to be leaking where the silver ends and the black starts blew it out and let it drip upsidedown for about a minute. and tried again. got a small flame just on the burner, then blew it out and it was glowing when i left it in my garage. i am going to keep it lit all night and break it in. its like incense. light it and blow it out. lets hope its the "light it and forget it" mentality of incense and i dont have to re-light it every 10 minutes.

Latest posts