• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

One could argue that the lead card is filled with the best player from each respective manufacturer

Discraft - Paul McBeth
MVP - James Conrad
Prodigy - Kevin Jones
Innova - Calvin Heimburg

I happen to agree with you, but Robot Chicken and Raptor Legs fans would be the one's debating you.

The entries for Discraft and MVP are pretty indisputable.

But perhaps your point is that each manufacturer has to feel pretty good about their horse in this race.

Last edited:
The fact that the players are putting on a great show doesn't change the fact that without the triple mando, the hole is weak.

I get it, but these are the same players we've been watching all year.

I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons, but these courses are producing great competition in both MPO and FPO. Usually we are lucky to see a 2 horse race.

The design of these courses has to be part of that result.

Listening to Doss:
round 3 on 18, Sexton should go for the death putt.
Round 4: Calvin has 50 footer with creek behind and Doss is suddenly about play conservative.

Nate did layup and 3, Calvin did miss and go OB.
It's easy when he states his opinion after he saw the result of the death putt. Not the first commentator to do that in many sports, still I said it before but it feels like Nate Doss is ready to say anything obvious just to avoid silence and it's annoying, to me at least, it's not the kind of commentator I like.

Previous round totals at The Fort , and (trailing by):

108 McBeth (0)
108 Dickerson (-3)
110 Conrad (-1)
112 Jones (-1)
113 Heimborg (-1)
117 Sexton (-2)

Dickerson has played The Fort well and has to be a sleeper pick, if McBeth doesn't light it up. Should be fun, wish I didn't have social obligations and could watch. :\

This is the first tournament I've followed where watching live is truly engaging for the whole round.

Previous round totals at The Fort , and (trailing by):

108 McBeth (0)
108 Dickerson (-3)
110 Conrad (-1)
112 Jones (-1)
113 Heimborg (-1)
117 Sexton (-2)

Dickerson has played The Fort well and has to be a sleeper pick, if McBeth doesn't light it up. Should be fun, wish I didn't have social obligations and could watch. :\

And still Paul got a slow start both his rounds at the Fort. . . Who have the nerves today?

It's easy when he states his opinion after he saw the result of the death putt. Not the first commentator to do that in many sports, still I said it before but it feels like Nate Doss is ready to say anything obvious just to avoid silence and it's annoying, to me at least, it's not the kind of commentator I like.
I like Nate but he does tend to over-dramatize everything. Also seems overly critical of Sexton. And can someone please turn up Philo's mike? Like his commentary but cannot hear a lot of it.

The other thing that bothers me about Doss's commentary is he projects his thoughts and feelings on the players despite not really knowing any of them very well. He straight up said he didn't know Emerson Keith very well but knew he was feeling X, Y, and Z. Meanwhile Philo's actually been on tour with these guys the last few years and actually knows them well. I wish he'd stop trying to act like he's still part of the pro scene when in reality he hung up a few years ago and is just trying to jump back in as disc golf is exploding.

He also way oversells his World Champion status/experience. Yes, he's a 3x World Champion but he was playing an almost completely different game than what they're playing today. I wish they'd stop deferring to his 'expertise' on the broadcast. I mean Philo's actually gone out and played these courses and has much more accurate and useful insight. Nate also tries to kinda coach the players on screen through his commentary and it's incredibly annoying.

Not really a video guy and maybe a stupid question…but how do they go live from the post production cameras?

I'm only referring to Gatekeeper making their list production footage available to Jomez. I imagine Jomez pays them for it, but it's a 3-way win:

Jomez gets to show more complete coverage.
Gatekeeper gets a nice mention and looks good for taking the high road.
And the viewers win.

:)

OK, nice.

But how many cameras will DGN have out today...at least 3 cards that can have the winner

OK, nice.

But how many cameras will DGN have out today...at least 3 cards that can have the winner

Nah... only 2 cards with potential winners on them at this point. They have been doing a great job of cutting in and out of the second card and occasionally some others as backups dictate. If someone on the second card is making a run you will get to see the vast majority of it.

They've gotta have quite a few since they're able to catch so many shots from chase card and even the card behind that. I would guess somewhere between 5 and 8 cameras on the course for DGN

That stadium finish on 18 is just legit. Any idea on how many tickets sold for tomorrow(assuming there is no capacity restrictions)?

I wasnt thrilled about finishing on a wooded course (although the 18th on the other isnt all that either) but when I saw it today on coverage for the first time... Awesome.

Bad time for Sexton to throw one of the worse forehand shots in a while. Goodish way to the pin sure, but it was wide open and all.

Excited for tomorrow. Time difference makes it impossible to watch live but either I'll watch it in the morning or dig myself a nice social media hole to wait around for Jomez in.

Latest posts