• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

Damn that was some insane drama. Hard to imagine anyone has worked harder than Catrina and she came up big in the moment. She had the better drive off of the tee and then went for it on the second shot and delivered. All of the pressure shifted to Paige and she didn't handle it. Am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't bring a baby to that spot in the moment?

Children should be seen, not heard.

Hard to raise an entitled child without teaching it entitlement as an infant.

I'm not gonna pile on Paige. Obviously not her best performance, but I can't imagine what she's going through right now.

Not that it's the same, but I bet she buries the competition in her next event.

Great ending! Congratulations Catrina. I hope the MPO gives us some more drama this afternoon.

Catrina's 2nd throw on 18 was clutch.

Yes it was but she HAD to go for it and it was super close to OB, , just a tad different ground action and it would have rolled OB.

Paiges upshot was just BAD. .

Sp many bad shots . . .but nerves is hard to handle, or train for

wow..this is insane. .

But Paige have 18 left, she lost big on that hole two rounds in a row

Haven't finished reading the thread, but did catch the last two holes on my phone while at WM.

That was some nice foreshadowing Jolt!

Honestly what gave Cat a chance at winning was being smart and laying up her putt on 17 and ensuring she at least gains one stroke going into 18…where Paige had struggled.

Would've been easy to run the putt to go into 18 tied and instead 3 putt. Takes a lot of restraint, and trust that your plan on 18 is solid.

Haven't finished reading the thread, but did catch the last two holes on my phone while at WM.

That was some nice foreshadowing Jolt!

Not that hard to guess...she had Bogey or worse every round on 18 and in the end plays +8 on hole 18.

Wierd round, it was not the player that played the best that won,,,,it was more the one that played "less bad"

Honestly what gave Cat a chance at winning was being smart and laying up her putt on 17 and ensuring she at least gains one stroke going into 18…where Paige had struggled.

Would've been easy to run the putt to go into 18 tied and instead 3 putt. Takes a lot of restraint, and trust that your plan on 18 is solid.

I would have ran 17.

Yes it was but she HAD to go for it and it was super close to OB, , just a tad different ground action and it would have rolled OB.

Paiges upshot was just BAD. .

Sp many bad shots . . .but nerves is hard to handle, or train for

Right. She had to go for it and put the pressure on Paige. And she executed it.
I don't care how close to OB it was.
Clutch.

Not that hard to guess...she had Bogey or worse every round on 18 and in the end plays +8 on hole 18.

Wierd round, it was not the player that played the best that won,,,,it was more the one that played "less bad"

Once she laid up and had the "simple" approach for any easy par, it really seemed as though she had shaken off her previous hole 18 mishaps. Worst case scenario for her seemed to be a playoff at that point. Obviously, that didn't end up being the case. The camera angle was excellent and you could see her approach being offline almost as soon as she released it. Wow!

I have to see it again but Paiges stand still upshot game was horrible. . .not only did she missed her line, but they where WAY short and even the angle was off.
The missed gate vas horrible, the upsjot on 17, horrible----18 horrible

Right. She had to go for it and put the pressure on Paige. And she executed it.
I don't care how close to OB it was.
Clutch.

Yes a good shot...and disc choice...when she threw that i thought it was WAY OB out to the left...but the disc came back.

A hard shot, but she made it. . .Paige had a similar in R3 an totaly blew it

Don't care. Not my job to watch for it on video.

She needed a clutch shot and nailed it.

I also thought it was a foot fault in real time.

but it wasn't called like some other things that weren't called so it is what it is. crazy stuff!

Latest posts